Improving Annihilation/watchmen PvE DPS?

IAmViiOLENT

Heya guys, did some parses today on my marauder (I'm over here because this forum looks more active than the counterpart AC's...).

After editing out the blank few seconds after hitting the dummy I had 2009 dps. (Before was 1991 dps)

http://www.torparse.com/a/25942/time/1349132738/1349133092

I dont have my 61 OH hilt yet (still a 58), but here is how my gear is setup. Any thoughts/tips? I just hit 50 on this toon bout a week ago, and been loving it. So far my favorite of any of my toons thus far.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/17af74fc-464a-4d67-9a2c-4cea52ee1f0e

Your dps looks over the top for some reason. Maybe you have like 10millisec ping and you dont lag at all (dreaded ability lag), because your fight is also a 6 minutes run which is the normal for correct parses. Also its on tor parse but stil 2k dps is kinda crazy.

I have full L61 gear and i output 1750-1770dps.

Your dps looks over the top for some reason. Maybe you have like 10millisec ping and you dont lag at all (dreaded ability lag), because your fight is also a 6 minutes run which is the normal for correct parses. Also its on tor parse but stil 2k dps is kinda crazy.

Yeah, I've been looking through spreadsheets for DPSCraft on marauders and see that theoretically, I should be able to top out nearly 2100, and really looking for a way to come to that point.

I have an average 40-50 ms ping on my server, and use the operations dummy I bought for my ship. I open with Force Leap >Deadly Saber(Overload Saber) > Battering Assault (Zealous Strike) > Rupture (Cauterize) > Annihilate (Merciless Slash) > Ravage (Master Strike > and from there follow a priority of reapplying dots the second they fall off and keeping at least 7 rage built up to maintain annihilator and keep up any DoT at any time.

imo, its a pretty simple class rotation/priority, I've been finding the carnage/combat spec to be more challenging if anything once you input Rupture into that rotation. After optimizing gear for that I've been able to hit very low 1900's which is competitive to 2k, but looking to get that higher too.

Likewise, I'm only getting ~1700

Edit: ah, he has might stim and rakata adrenal. guess that makes more sense :)

Edited by JediNg

Yeah, I've been looking through spreadsheets for DPSCraft on marauders and see that theoretically, I should be able to top out nearly 2100, and really looking for a way to come to that point.

I have an average 40-50 ms ping on my server, and use the operations dummy I bought for my ship. I open with Force Leap >Deadly Saber(Overload Saber) > Battering Assault (Zealous Strike) > Rupture (Cauterize) > Annihilate (Merciless Slash) > Ravage (Master Strike > and from there follow a priority of reapplying dots the second they fall off and keeping at least 7 rage built up to maintain annihilator and keep up any DoT at any time.

imo, its a pretty simple class rotation/priority, I've been finding the carnage/combat spec to be more challenging if anything once you input Rupture into that rotation. After optimizing gear for that I've been able to hit very low 1900's which is competitive to 2k, but looking to get that higher too.

Carnage becomes very 2nd nature, but when you get set in a rotation you get uncomfortable with any change to it and your DPS suffers.

For example, I've topped out at 1900 with no adrenals and no Bloodthirst. I do not Force Scream on CD, and only use it during Gore windows. Theoretically, I'd do more DPS using Scream on CD but it just has never been comfortable for me.

Also, I have to build up 30 Fury stacks before using Bloodthirst. If I use Frenzy and then Bloodthirst it screws with how I build my Fury stacks to coincide with Gore window.

No bloodthirst, no Adrenals, top out at 1900 in annihilation, so I suppose they are indeed almost the same DPS wise.

Why wouldnt you use a might stim and full buffs btw if parsing for a raid environment?

Im interested in what Ill be doing in a raid, more than anything tbh

No bloodthirst, no Adrenals, top out at 1900 in annihilation, so I suppose they are indeed almost the same DPS wise.

Why wouldnt you use a might stim and full buffs btw if parsing for a raid environment?

Never said there was anything wrong with it :)

On a good night w/o ability lag this is what I get on my sentinel. 1900 with no Inspiration (bloodthirst) and adrenals. I am fully buffed with my rakata stim.

Gear: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7024549c-3566-4f9c-82e8-c5a79dbae1d7

Nice! Been messing around with carnage (the last 3 bosses of the new operation highly favor it imo, did 1.3m damage on Kephess HM last night!)

http://www.torparse.com/a/27144/time/1349284645/1349284988

Its super bursty (as you can see by my 4.3k dps spike at the beginning :o)

still learning how to actually use Rupture in the regular rotation (been hearing its a DPS increase, and using it even incorrectly its been a good 30 extra, betting it can be 100 dps extra)

For sure Aurojinn, was just messing around on my ship with some rotations and definitely was getting some ability lag, dropped me down to 1850 from 1970 the previous parse. Huge difference there, just from a bit of ability lag o.O

And hilts tend to be the biggest upgrades for a mara, I dont have exact numbers to give you but the main hand hilt seemed to add about 30-50 dps to my parses.

Heya guys, did some parses today on my marauder (I'm over here because this forum looks more active than the counterpart AC's...).

After editing out the blank few seconds after hitting the dummy I had 2009 dps. (Before was 1991 dps)

http://www.torparse.com/a/25942/time/1349132738/1349133092

I dont have my 61 OH hilt yet (still a 58), but here is how my gear is setup. Any thoughts/tips? I just hit 50 on this toon bout a week ago, and been loving it. So far my favorite of any of my toons thus far.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/17af74fc-464a-4d67-9a2c-4cea52ee1f0e

do u use the same gear setup in ur mr.robot link ? cuz its carnage build can u post ur Annihilation/watchmen PvE spec ?

and what about carnage did u reach those number with it ? i just reached 50 with this toon would love some helpful infos

thx !

Edited by alkhattabi

For sure Aurojinn, was just messing around on my ship with some rotations and definitely was getting some ability lag, dropped me down to 1850 from 1970 the previous parse. Huge difference there, just from a bit of ability lag o.O
That is annoying - after last patch my output dropped immediately by 200-250 DPS...

EDIT:

I just checked 2 things what gain I would currently have using LagunaD Upgrade Advisor:

• by replacing Matrix Cube with WH relic: -66 STR, +113 PWR, -27 Crit Rtg ~ +7 DPS
  • by replacing Campaign relic with 184 elemental damage with WH relic: ~ +20 DPS

For latter I used LagunaD's formula to calculate procc rate of relic (0.105 / sec) * 184 dmg ~ 20 DPS, adding WH relic is ~ +40 DPS according to upgrade advisor.

I will assume that these are numbers quite accurate because I make 2.5% more DPS then spreadsheet estimate.

Sooo... by grinding PVP I could negate 10% of loss due to increase in ability delay problems after last patch - scary.

Edited by BogyOne

Is there a way to fight the dreaded ability delay? i'm in lvl 61 BiS with some lvl 63 pieces, i have compared my rotation over 5 minutes with friends ones and some posted here and while we do identical rotations my DPS doesnt get past the 1800 DPS barrier, a more detailed inspection of the logs has revealed that im loosing a few fractions of sec (around 0.1-0.3 secs) on each of my abilities activation (compared to the times on others people log), thats a lot of time on long fights, making my damage output to drop.

Sadly i live in a zone qualified by the internet provider as "rural" so my ADSL is not too good, i use to have a latency of 80-120ms as per the in game graph.

Any trick (other than changing internet provider since theres no more) to minimize this effect?

Thx

Edited by recsa

EDIT:

I just checked 2 things what gain I would currently have using LagunaD Upgrade Advisor:

• by replacing Matrix Cube with WH relic: -66 STR, +113 PWR, -27 Crit Rtg ~ +7 DPS
  • by replacing Campaign relic with 184 elemental damage with WH relic: ~ +20 DPS

For latter I used LagunaD's formula to calculate procc rate of relic (0.105 / sec) * 184 dmg ~ 20 DPS, adding WH relic is ~ +40 DPS according to upgrade advisor.

Something is quite wrong there, because the Campaign proc relic is far and away better than the Matrix Cube. For one you're not accounting for crits on the proc relic.

This post from Laguna D disagrees; he puts the Campaign proc relic at 2.5% of his DPS output, and the WH power relic at 2.3%.

Yeah, I switched to Carnage spec recently. I'm in full L63 gear now, and by god. You sure do pump out the damage o.o.

I'm reaching equivalent numbers easily in Carnage now, and honestly, I think carnage is a bit stronger damage wise. Certainly in the new raids, its much more preferable. Burst is HUGE in TFB HM, and being able to pump out over 100k damage during a burn on Kephess is insane.

Also, the campaign proc relic is definitely stronger for sustained damage than a WH Power Relic. Just took a look at the new DG proc relic.. 210 internal damage. :D :D :D

Accounting for even a low ~20% crit rate on that, it will be quite the boss for sustained. I have been getting into the habit of using an on use Power Relic in TFB HM for some boss fights, as its just too valuable to pass up imo.