More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

KhalDrogoe

Yeah, it's easier to use "imbalance" as an excuse for "laziness". Strange generation who wants to have everything served on a silver plate ... immediately and for free.

CU

AppleRedX

Newflash. You devote 100 hours each to 4 different toons, you are NOT "working" harder than someone who devotes 400 hours to one toon. Yet you were give the buffs "for free". People are just asking to be allowed to PAY for them.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this doesn't take into account is preference. I have a 50 Marauder, and a 50 Sentinel, because I wanted to be able to fill the same role for both my Pub and Imp guilds. That and I rolled both of them before 1.2 and the introduction of Legacy. Now both those teams are short on tanks, I would really like to roll a Jugg, but I am actually hesitant to because I feel like I would be "missing out".

They should just calculate whatever legacy level you would need roll 4 toons through chapter 2, and make the buffs purchasable for those at that legacy level.

This is a great idea! I only have 1 toon, but I'm legacy level 25. I've probably played as much if not more than someone who has every toon through chapter 2. Probably more seeing as my legacy was earned purely through PvP which is significantly slower.

So shame on all of you saying I'm lazy and want it on a silver platter. There shouldn't be anything unavailable to someone legacy level 25 IMO.

This is a great idea! I only have 1 toon, but I'm legacy level 25. I've probably played as much if not more than someone who has every toon through chapter 2. Probably more seeing as my legacy was earned purely through PvP which is significantly slower.

So shame on all of you saying I'm lazy and want it on a silver platter. There shouldn't be anything unavailable to someone legacy level 25 IMO.

But this is clearly BW's plan. They want everyone to have a 50 of every class, so that way when they mess up the fotm in a patch people wont ***** too much because they can just switch to their other characters.

The writing is on the wall. L2 Adapt.

Look at it this way - the people who have enough alts to have all the class buffs won't have as good gear as people who purely PVP on one toon - and your significantly higher expertise is probably more valuable than their buffs.

Lol wut?

Edited by cs_Kimmo

But this is clearly BW's plan. They want everyone to have a 50 of every class, so that way when they mess up the fotm in a patch people wont ***** too much because they can just switch to their other characters.

The writing is on the wall. L2 Adapt.

Yeah, when will they learn that success of a game isn't on how many toons you can level, but the breadth of things to do while you're playing.

• 1 month later...
Whatever happened to the concept of "You want a specific bonus, you go out of your way to get/earn it"? This really isn't any different from saying:

"It's not fair that some people have played more PvP but less PvE than me have full War Hero sets:

1: Make it so that War hero gear is purchasable with just credits.

2: Make it so that War hero gear isn't better than other stuff so that time invested doesn't equate to a bonus."

That's pretty much what you're saying, except with a different subject. There's nothing stopping you from going out and getting these buffs for yourself, it didn't have it's availability limited to a specific time frame.

Secondly, at some point, I imagine they will be purchasable with credits. I recall Bioware saying that some things were going to start off as legacy only unlocks and then transition into credit unlocks in the future.

If you're not content to wait for when/if that happens, then you have to ask yourself how much the buffs mean to you. If they are that massive a difference to your viability, as an avid PvP'er you'll gladly go out and acquire the buffs. If they're not that massive that they warrant you putting effort in, then it's probably also not worth complaining about.

As a side note: Most dedicated PvPers that I know have rolled multiple classes, and that was before the buff sharing came into effect. They do it because a good PvP player knows the other class almost as well as their own, which is a level of understanding you can only genuinely get by playing it yourself.

Very well said!!

Might as well ask for datacrons to be purchasable too, I mean who has time to get those when all you do is PVP. :p

Yeah, when will they learn that success of a game isn't on how many toons you can level, but the breadth of things to do while you're playing.

It's different with Swtor,the longevity of this game relies heavily on each player having multiple characters, i'm sure that any players that still play this game have at least 2-3 characters , and the players that only have 1 char atm are in minority or unsubbed long time ago. To get all 4 buffs,you only need to level 4 different class and complete chapter 2 (~level 40).

The majority of players already had 2-3 buff available so there's really isn't that much imbalance in pvp. The imbalance is only like a player will full datacron collected vs a player with no datacron.

some people do not want to be bothered levelling/grinding an alt, but still wants the 'advantage' these buffs give in pvp. Okay, i can see that.

On the other side of the coin, i do not want to be bothered grinding gear to be effective in pvp, as i just want to pvp on an even field. as quickly as possible. Lets make war hero purchasable with no limitations (or remove pvp gear completely). See what i did there?

I think everything should be purchasable with ingame credits. If you focus on crafting and make a ton of credits you should be able to purchase WH gear as oppose to pvp grind.

As long as the conversion ratio is comparable in terms of cost/time commitment. Because I played more warzones to get the armor is great. If I want to buy the item why not let me? Just like the planetary com gear? Why not have both gear for coms and gear for credits? I think anything that makes gearing alts a little less painful is a good way to go and frankly what else do you want me to spend the credits on?

Same for buffs? Anyways... That is my rant. Open up the market to include credits more.

A) Get a guild, get in voice, call for rebuff.

B) Do all the class quests

C) Unsub

There is your options, deal with it.

There is no imbalance at all, you're just to lazy to balance it out for yourself.

FIN

Mods. Delete the thread. This quote just killed it with truth, logic and realism.

EDIT: In the time since you made this thread, you could have had all the buffs unlocked and then some. But go ahead. Carry on with the QQ.

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

Don't really think it's that big a deal. Even though I'm what they call an "ALT-O-HOLIC", and therefore I have all the buffs now. It isn't that hard to be near someone else in a warzone and have them buff you. Sometimes I'll forget to buff myself when I respawn, but I still get the buffs, because my teammates constantly buff. And when you have a player like me there, it's good for the team because if you don't have the buffs I can give you all four. So really it's not such a huge disadvantage if you aren't into making a bunch of characters.

In 1.3, we saw the removal of Biochem's adrenals from WZ's. So thus making it more fair to people who didn't want to have Bio on their PvP toon.

However now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

Why is it that people that reroll each new FOTM get's the advantage of having all of the buffs to re-buff themselves after they die giving them an edge over the people that do not have that.

Some possible solutions:

1) Make the legacy ability purchasable with credits (Like EVERY other legacy perk/buff except the buffs gained from grinding out all your companions affection ((which still is grindable with credits in an indirect way)))

2) Disable the ability to buff other classes buff for RWZ's. So instead of forcing people to buy the buffs to stay competitive, everyone just has to deal without (must as the case with the biochem adrenals)

Does anyone else see how this can make a huge difference in a warzone :rolleyes:

Its too late now, they should have let us buy the buffs in the first place.

I grinded to 50 on 2 alts just for buffs. Last buff will come from a cross faction toon in preparation for hk-51.

Instead of grinding gear for a week (to get your toon some new boots and gloves) instead grind a new toon for a buff thats more effective than new gloves and boots.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

OP, you have no shame. You should be banned from the forums for posting false information.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534567

Hah, proove to me this isn't an imbalance, and I will concede to you.

All I'm seeing are people that want to keep the advantage over the noobs in PvP.

Edited by KhalDrogoe

All I'm seeing are people that want to keep the advantage over the noobs in PvP.

It's not even close to an imbalance as everyone has 12 character slots now. It's your choice to use only one.

Everyone can level up their toon with Biochem for the adrenals.... now they can allow them back into wz's.

Biochem was nerfed for 2 reasons...

1. When stacked with a relic it created an excess of critical hits and did an abnormal amount of damage that was beyond expectations and was not intended by design. Removal was a simpler solution than a fix. Same as relics.

2. Biochem was by far the most popular used crafting skill in the game and they nerfed it in order to even out the crafting skills so the others didn't get overshadowed by one skill alone.

Something that is available to EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME... is NOT an imbalance. You may concede now.

And it seems you labelled yourself in the last sentence. :D GG.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

You can do fine without the buffs. Part of the game is about progression. That's how MMOs are. If you don't like it play a FPS. I think it's nice to give people a little something extra for playing other classes. It encourages players to play and explore other parts of the game.

Here's how I feel about that:

I too want to stick to my 1 lvl 50 toon. I have no problem playing the other classes (I feel they're all fun) but we're talking about lvl 1 ~ 38 x 3 here; this takes many hours and effort that I would much rather give to my main and only toon, or just do something else altogether.

I don't have such time; and if I did I wouldn't do it anyway, we're sorta being forced to grind out 3 additional toons. These buffs do make a difference (however big/small it is). Can they make it so that the legacy buff is granted at the end of chapter 1? can they make it purchasable through credits/legacy?

Let's get something straight here too... the ONLY way to guarantee you will have all buffs at any time during combat is to have unlocked them... I want the buffs for my toon what are my options? glitch through it? spend the many hours it takes to level them x3? pay to have them leveled? - I REFUSE!

PS: Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind working for them but the time required to get them now is way too much. And also, do not compare this to datacron hunting, or other equally silly thing please...