Qutters benefit from leaving

Beachcomberb

Joined Huttballl, we had 6 players, not sure how much the opposition had.

One of our players leaves when we we go 2-1 down.

Im then very surprised to see the same player join the opposition side !

So not just ruining our chances of winning, the quitter benefited from joining the other winning side.

What a joke this is, yeah im mad.

:mad:

• 1 year later...

The following post is dedicated to all the haters.

Quitters always benefit from leaving. I mean every time I quit. I re-join queue and get 7 new random teammates. And guess what they usually no how to call out incs, they know not to just stand at edge of own endzone to get leapt to over and over. I mean my new team not even once abandoned the node they were solo guarding. And when I called out inc 3 grass only 4 of my teammates came to help me (not all 7).

But if quitting didn't help and you still got stuck with 7 princesses who just wanted to farm defender medals, just quit again and your luck is bound to change.

Jenna'syyde

The following post is dedicated to all the haters.

Quitters always benefit from leaving. I mean every time I quit. I re-join queue and get 7 new random teammates.

Jenna'syyde

^ This guys loves bragging about quitting, don't mind him.

Already a hot thread on this topic OP.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604174&page=14

Feel free to jive in on that hot mess.

I am a strong believer in a quitter penalty for pvprs, however a game should have either a good premade matching system or a solo q only system in place BEFORE quitter penalties are put in place.

With the current system you should quit and quit and quit until enough people make enough noise for real premade matching to be implemented.

I am a strong believer in a quitter penalty for pvprs, however a game should have either a good premade matching system or a solo q only system in place BEFORE quitter penalties are put in place.

With the current system you should quit and quit and quit until enough people make enough noise for real premade matching to be implemented.

I agree 100% with you. I have been telling my friends that every time pugs go up against premades just everyone drop in the first seconds of the match. Then Bioware might stop being so dumb and fix the warzones like ppl told them during testing. Every problem we see now with warzones, we told them many times in beta testing the game would be sad shape in the first few months (among many other things that was going to kill the game). Anyone remember 50s in with the rest PvP? People say it is easier now to get PvP gear than ever before either dont remember the first weeks of the game or were not here. The extreme amouth of xp given from warzone matches (another thing that was told to Bioware over and over and over that needed to be fixed before release). The huge amount of lvl 50s in the first few days of release farming lowbies in warzones. That was easy mode PvP gear grind. As long as it takes Bioware to get anything done there will not be anyone left to see it done anyhow. These are all things that should have been done at release. Now remember it took them 6 years just to release a 150 million dollar unfinished fail of a game, the same out of time that other MMOs have already been out for a year with a lot more content. We are over 7 years in and this game is still lacking at basic MMO features that have been in other MMOs for many years. Bioware still believes the "4th Pillar" is all you need, forget the other pillars. Just look at the coming xpac, its all about more story, they just copy paste content that we have all done many times over for "new" flashpoints and raids.

this stupid is here everyday ... penalty ...they pay money for the game and ppl want penalty lol ...

games needs matchmaking system, separate queue for premades, crossserver ... and maybe then in PUGs without premades i would like autoswaping the best players when things go wrong - unbalance is detected = move best dps to opposite team ...

gl

I am a strong believer in a quitter penalty for pvprs.

It never worked in WOW and it wouldn`t work here. Quitters will still quit, good players still won`t be able to save a group of noobs, whiners will find another excuse to lie themselves and pollute forums with nonsence (gear gap, premades, quitters what`s next?) Just learn to play and have fun.What we really need is good matchmaking system.

Edited by montreau

Working as intended? :rolleyes:

Agreed, perhaps the OP''s team should not have been walking in circles, not passing the ball, death matching ect. I cant tell you how many times many players do not do HB matches correctly. its not a wonder why some people quit wzs.

Why blame players for silly unimaginative WZ design? Every WZ is 2 X 8 player teams fighting over a node, or 2 of 3 nodes. There is no strategy to speak of, no suspense, no variation of design. Hutt ball belongs to premades. PvP in this game is an after thought. People know within the first min who is going to win. Sure, there is the odd exception. If there were more players fighting over more objectives and some tasks involved, then the outcome might still be in doubt 5 mins into the match.

Many people have good ideas in game variation, not just in physical layout, but in levels of winning, choices of objectives, less painful alternatives to simply losing, etc. I am surprised at the lack of imagination that goes into these games. It's not hard to envision a game where a superior team "lost" because they tried for a higher objective, or a lessor team "winning" something because they accomplished a certain number of objectives even though they "lost" the match.

But no, we are stuck with King of the Hill over and over and over again as the only thing the geniuses at this "game" design studio could come up with. Eventually we are all going to become quitters out of sheer boredom.

Edited by MotorCityMan

honestly, if i que with a 1-49 char..it's okay to catch also 50 comms and the daily is only 2 matches if you loose and 1 if you win..with 50 chars i que to play the daily (2 to 4 wz) and then keep going until i catch a piece of gear..at least WH..so about 10 WZ. sometimes it really takes a week to do the weekly but quitting is rarely worth the wz comms loss

honestly, if i que with a 1-49 char..it's okay to catch also 50 comms and the daily is only 2 matches if you loose and 1 if you win..with 50 chars i que to play the daily (2 to 4 wz) and then keep going until i catch a piece of gear..at least WH..so about 10 WZ. sometimes it really takes a week to do the weekly but quitting is rarely worth the wz comms loss

maybe not the wz loss but my blood pressure and overall sanity is saved when i quit a horrible wz

Edited by Daxy

nods.

this is exactly right.

Cant do much with the current match system, so take care of your own fun for now.

a couple of days back we were in one of those epic wz with no healer and no chance to win where we won 10 - 0 on CW, we were losing and would see people quitting left and right, all of a sudden the imps double premade got greedy and went for a 3cap, we 3cap em for a couple of minutes getting even and then holding 2 for the win.

quit or stay it won't matter to me. I wish the rating was used for something other than braggin rights, I mean if its there that should be used for match making. come on eaware give us something useful.

Agreed, perhaps the OP''s team should not have been walking in circles, not passing the ball, death matching ect. I cant tell you how many times many players do not do HB matches correctly. its not a wonder why some people quit wzs.

The problem with huttball is that there is nothing like it. It is TOR's version of capture the flag so this passing and teamwork is a bit foreign to many players. There is nothing in PvE that can teach you the basics of huttball.

Other WZs have something in similar in PvE as far as objectives go so you know what to do in those WZs the first time you play. It took me three matches to understand Ancient Hypergate. Only 1 WZ when Novare Coast came out.

In other games with capture the flag type games killing your enemy isn't a bad move like it can be in Huttball. You don't need to pass the flag to progress to the capture point. And it is possible to solo sneak the flag to the goal while in huttball a solo attempt is often fatal and futile.

I'm not saying that it's hard to understand Huttball but for someone not big in PvP they probably think that them running and fighting in the corner is helping someone capture the flag. Killing someone takes the dps off the flag carrier and that should be a good thing too. When killing many enemies sets them up defensively often times.

It's when you just don't understand and don't see what is available or the objectives of a WZ where you shake your head and consider leaving.

However, I was in an alderan match where when the first turret was capped people started leaving. We had 15 participants on our side alone, and I saw at least 3 join again after leaving. So it doesn't always benefit the fleing players.

Of course its a benefit to the quitter, why else would they have left? They can now persue something else that benefits them as opposed to doing something they feel does not benefit them at all. Everybody wins! :D

Yeah, people don't quit WZs to punish themselves. People stay in WZs to punish themselves.

Yeah, people don't quit WZs to punish themselves. People stay in WZs to punish themselves.

the way back fill works, a quitter will always be replaced. that's a bad thing. cuz that person just back filled into a bad situation and will probably (and more justifiably) quit. another back fill will occur. while all of this is going on, the team continues to play down a man on field (even if one has been found in the system). thus, it not only hurts the ppl who don't quit, it hurts 2-6 more ppl who get pulled into that hot mess.

there are times when I've just had enough, and I'll quit. emotion trumps reason. but it's incredibly selfish and detrimental to the larger community to quit. a lot of ppl don't care about that. whatever.

With the exception of Civil War, which (as many are likely sick of hearing me say) I refuse to even play, I don't quit warzones. Especially at level 50 - I go into those four daily matches (or less, if there's a win or two) with the outlook of "I get 100 comms and 100 ranked comms, everything else is just icing."

That doesn't mean I slack off - doing well means more 'icing'. But if it takes me a week - or more - to do my weekly, so be it. I don't try to do it all in one day. If I'm getting good teams which sync and know how to aim for the objectives, I'll re-queue after my dailies are over. If I'm facing a pack of uber-smashmonkies time and again, with people who can't understand 'call incomings' or 'fight on the door' or 'guard the ball carrier', I'll take my beatings, do my dailies, then do something else. Easy as that. I do this for fun, not to get stressed.