Easy request: sort WZ outcomes by objective

StrikePrice

I think you miss the point. No one is suggesting that objs are ALL that matters, at least no one rational, but the things you mention are 100% part of that discussion. Of course DPS is part of it, its simply not the only part.

But its telling that you dont mention those who only care about dps and ignore all other concerns and play the usual "bad" card. Both are obviously incorrect positions and are frankly indefensible as anything other than personal choice.

I am nothing special, im no great player, but play to win, that means playing objs, and i still have no issues taking out more people than can take me out on most of the classes i play so, your logic is projection and flawed.

i mentioned those who only play for the zerg.... nice try.... people suggested to remove dps entirely from the board in this thread. which is total bs. as i said there are many things that matter... i dont know what your problem is besides reading comprehension...

i never ever said that its only about killing...

do you get objective points for stalling an enemy from capturing a neutral node - NOPE- can it be crucial for winning the game - ABSOLUTELY- but hey people are waaaay to focused on numbers (both parties DPS monkeys and objective cult people).

people just need to get their sticks out of their behinds and see regs as what they are... a mix of diversely skilled people with diverse intentions..

if you would make regs more cmpetitive via rewards for winning etc... the toxicity will go up drastically..... and a lot of the reg players who are vocal here in the forum always answer on the question: "why dont you play ranked, if you care so much about winning?" with either "i dont like arenas" (which i can understand) or "its too toxic"

but as soon as there is something at stake people will get toxic.. (see fights over toiletpaper in supermarkets... humans are stupid)

the idea with conquest points for certain things in warzones is maybe a good approach.. but they shouldnt be too high or it could backfire and lead to people not only fighting the opponent but also their own team.

e.g. score huttball - you are running towards the endzone with the ball - sorc / sage pulls you back so that the timer would expire if you dont pass - only one who you can pass to is this guy or his guildmate.

bottom line is: beware of what you wish and accept that regs are regs and that people play them with different intentions.

Frankly, there already is a format for people to whom killing is the number one priority - ranked. Maybe if all you want to do is zerg and kill things, you should go do ranked, where that is literally the only point.

But wait, then you might get matched against other zergers who are on par with you, and not be able to run around 3v1ing and calling it a playstyle.

I also dont think removing dps from the leaderboard is a solution; the problem lies in the attitude of the community members. The question must become how to change the minds of the players to support winning, not just zerging 3v1 for epeening. That said, I also dont think more points to sentinels for dps is a solution, because all that's going to do is make sentinels think they're above node guarding. Dps have plenty of opportunity to get medals as it is. If anyone needs help in that department, as I mentioned earlier, its healers.

The truth: A player can be objective in a WZ, as well as perform well, sometimes even putting up the best numbers! The best players balance performance with objective gameplay, being capable of doing both simultaneously.

This is one of the most prominent and truthful statements in this thread.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The truth: A player can be objective in a WZ, as well as perform well, sometimes even putting up the best numbers! The best players balance performance with objective gameplay, being capable of doing both simultaneously.

100% agreed. This is what non-arena regs are, or should be, a mix of both.

This actually takes more effort, and dare i say skill, to pay attention to the map and have some overall awareness beyond pew pew the guy in front of you.

And sometimes not. I don't get people only always seeing half of the reality and focusing on the "you can do objective and do great in dps"

most of the time you won't both Civil war you guard the turret that is not being attached you are doing a very important job and doing terrible final stats

in the pylon you guarding pylon and not killing not gathering sparkle you are doing a very important job and getting awful stat at the end of the match

in 2 hutball you are playing the ball and passing and running ahead to wait for a passage you will do terrible stats

I don't like how you hide behind "sometimes you do objective and you still do great stats" yeah it may happen but is not normal and shouldn't be a good example to fight an idiot that think that low stat in objective game means you are bad. With this mentality sometimes you can do good stats and doing objective you are not helping at all actually you are doing against the concept of objective that you were trying to defend.

but whatever I already notice that people here cannot really once see the other side of the discussion even when they defend objective they are as moronic as the one saying all that matter is stats.

Oh absolutely. It's not a feature request to be sure. To me, one of the biggest (other than the imbalance of certain combinations) of PUG WZs is that people don't focus on the objectives and mostly just deathmatch. Changing who gets on top by default *might* help change that behavior.

You are underestimating them. That will do nothing. Do you know why? Cause those that don't care about objectives aren't looking at medals, they are clicking the damage done rankings. This will change nothing for them.

Medals are not a bad ranking though. They do show who are the better players in your team. Of course, the problem is theres way more medals for fighting than objectives and it skews things a bit.

You are underestimating them. That will do nothing. Do you know why? Cause those that don't care about objectives aren't looking at medals, they are clicking the damage done rankings. This will change nothing for them.

Medals are not a bad ranking though. They do show who are the better players in your team. Of course, the problem is theres way more medals for fighting than objectives and it skews things a bit.

I mostly agree with this. ^

Honestly, I never seen a "bad" player that put up tons of medals, stats, or both. It's pretty easy to recognize good in the WZs even judging by the scoreboard you can get a pretty good idea what the player did while they were in the match.

I agree that changing the information that is viewable will not work. If they can't guage their DPS in a WZ with the game's own features people will use a parser to see their damage, plain and simple.

Gamers love numbers, not objectives and that's the problem here, a problem impossible to get away from. Also, when adrenaline is flowing, the last thing people feel like doing is sitting relaxed on a node "guarding" it.

It takes discipline and a thinking out process for the player to enter a match and then deliberately pick the least enjoyable activity available to spend their time doing while in the WZ, yet that's what a person is doing usually when they say "hey I will go guard east."

It's a rare player that actually likes guarding nodes, let's be honest a large portion of players want to pew pew and do as much as possible with their damage abilities! That's fun... Not sitting idle, sitting, hoping, waiting for someone to come fight you.

Edited by Lhancelot