Become the EMPEROR in ESO! (hint hint hint)

ImmortalLowlife

It's videos like that which turn me OFF to a game. There's no way the game can create that type of experience - the mechanics won't allow it. Certainly not in an MMO.

Anyway - I can imagine a lot of rapid Emperor title turnovers, along with people trying to not log into their emperor character so as to preserve the title until Bethesda decides to create a restriction for that.

..... I can imagine a lot of rapid Emperor title turnovers, along with people trying to not log into their emperor character so as to preserve the title until Bethesda decides to create a restriction for that.

Interesting...I honestly hadn't considered this. Probably because I'm still thinking like a console/PvE gamer lol. But I do see how that could be as issue. They'd definitely have to add some type of requirement that you MUST defend your right the throne every (insert number) days or you forfeit the crown.

I wish that advertisements like those were required to sport a title of "NOT ACTUAL INGAME GRAPHICS"... to not mislead customers into believing that the game might look even close to that.^.. as it doesn't even get close.

I wish that advertisements like those were required to sport a title of "NOT ACTUAL INGAME GRAPHICS"... to not mislead customers into believing that the game might look even close to that.^.. as it doesn't even get close.

CG trailers have been around for almost two decades now. To be perfectly blunt, if you can't tell the difference between them and actual gameplay you're likely not old enough to play the game in the first place.

But, yeah, the idea is nice but it won't survive reality. The devs are going to have to tweak it once they realize that big guilds are just taking turns handing the throne back and forth so they have as many "emperors" as possible and they have a permanent over the other players. Didn't Tera have a similar politics system that it took players all of three weeks to figure out how to break?

CG trailers have been around for almost two decades now. To be perfectly blunt, if you can't tell the difference between them and actual gameplay you're likely not old enough to play the game in the first place.

Well.. Planetside 2 had a large marketing campain with TVspots in germany during 4th quarter of 2013. The first spots were CG trailer but weren't going totally overboard like the TESO or the SWTOR trailers are. It was actually pretty close to a battlefield4 in-game video just in sci fi.

A week after the first run of those ads, they did indeed add "not actual gameplay graphics" disclaimer to the spots.. and another few weeks later, there was a different spot, which did indeed show the in game graphics of planetside2 (which are obviously horrible compared to a CG trailer).

So yes, aparently there are people, who believe CG trailers to be at least close to in game graphics. The Assassin Creed spots even utilize that to their benefit. They always say "this is actual gameplay!", when showing their real good trailers.

It's videos like that which turn me OFF to a game. There's no way the game can create that type of experience - the mechanics won't allow it. Certainly not in an MMO.

Anyway - I can imagine a lot of rapid Emperor title turnovers, along with people trying to not log into their emperor character so as to preserve the title until Bethesda decides to create a restriction for that.

Nah, it's much more likely that some uber alliance (with the biggest exploiters leading it) will form and fighting them will be completely and utterly pointless like it usually goes in games that have a feature like this.

I'll probably mess around with the PvP somewhat, the sieges seem fun and all - but anyone shooting for emperor is likely to be in for a grave disappointment.

Edited by Callaron

• 2 weeks later...

´Frankly I don't expect them to implement those features so naively, they will probably have measures to prevent exploiting the system or at least to prevent people from trading emperor spots. If they aren't able to do that then they will join bioware in the pvp fail section.