The Black Talon oversold the other FP's

Hey!

So, as a player that has done a lot of MMO's in my gaming life, I was shocked with how the Black Talon was able to use story and the games excellent dialog system to make what i would call the first ever story driven group instance.

I instantly fell in love with how it worked and kept going it many times, even boosting new friends that just hit 10 just to justify doing it again.

I was excited and really looked forward doing Hammer station when i got to the level. Then i ran HS, and when i was done i just sat there watching the screen thinking "What the hell just happened? Where is the story? where are the options?"

Dont get me wrong, its not a bad instance for what it is - but its a normal MMO instance! It had nothing special!

Worst about all this is that i had a friend that said that the first one will always be the most time put in and best. I looked forward going hammer station to prove him wrong.

Turn out i was the one that would be proven wrong...

Did anyone else feel this way or were you all happy that the other FP's turned out to be nothing but plain normal instances?

And most of all, has Bioware said anything on why?? why would they do this!

Sincerely, Night

They all have a story and dialog....

No they dont,

Not in the way the Black Talon did anyway, they have a small back story told by Malgus as you get the quest - and putting a random thing in like:

"Press this button to shoot engineering out of space or just lock them in!" does not count as dialog, not even close.

No they dont,

Not in the way the Black Talon did anyway, they have a small back story told by Malgus as you get the quest - and putting a random thing in like:

"Press this button to shoot engineering out of space or just lock them in!" does not count as dialog, not even close.

Like I said..

They all have a story and dialog

I don't care if it's as long as Black Talon's or half as long..they all have it.

And btw, after you run each HM FP 20 times..you'll wish you could turn that dialog off..

Edited by Slomoshun

I feel pretty much the same.. There is of course story in all of them, but it doesn't really change anything whether you pick one or the other, like it did when deciding if the captain should live or not in BT for instance. Also BT is by far the flashpoint that gives most socialpoints, with like 90 on average for me, opposed to the 20 you might get in others if you're lucky.. It's a good indication of how much more dialogue there actually is in BT. :o

And yes the foundry blew my mind, but that is a one time experience.. Nothing interactive about it really :p

Just cleared False Emperor for the first time (on hard) and realized that the story was actually awesome. I Won't go into details at all- but if you think everything just goes downhill after Black Talon, think again.

I completely agree, Athiss was a total joke and a waste of time, here's hoping the level 30+ dungeons have something decent.

Hammer Station, Athiss, what a joke...

I have yet to do the foundry, so cant comment on that one and even boarding party has a small dialog part.

But it still never comes near the Black Talon,