MCR-99 Droid Locations post 2.0

Twolightsabers

Guide is now complete here and on Dulfy's site at http://dulfy.net/2013/04/17/swtor-mcr-99-droid-reconnaissance-achievement-guide/

Underlined and color-coated planets are fully complete and confirmed by myself. Thanks to all who contributed to this guide, especially Dulfy and Kamii, without whom we would probably miss 75% of what's in this game.

TYTHON (3) (Info from Twolightsabers, Aieranda)

A) On top of the right tower of the Jedi Temple, as you face west.

B) On top of Master's Retreat; must view it from the Gnarl's speeder path.

C) The Forge, as you first enter it and start to ascend the stairs up the large temple. At the first landing, facing the temple, look to the ruins off to your right (-16, 569).

ORD MANTEL (3) (Info from Nendreel, Colimar, TheIronMonkey)

A) Once you get off the shuttle that takes you planetside it's above and to the right. You will have to back-up to view.

B) Take the taxi to the outpost near Mount Avitavlan; then just above the main entrance to Avitavlan (-828, 30).

C) Inside the Separatist Stronghold: Look on top of the forcefield wall (-533, 119).

HUTTA (3) (Info from British_Wookie)

A) Top of a smoke stack in the Old Muckworks.

B) Top of a smoke stack in The Bog.

C) On top of a smoke stack, behind the starting building in Jiguuna.

KORRIBAN (3) (Info from British_Wookie)

A) At the very top of the Sith Academy.

B) On a stone bridge above the Wilds Laboratory.

C) Above the tomb of Marka Ragnos.

CORUSCANT (6) (Info from Twolightsabers, Aieranda)

A) Jedi Temple: As you come in. Look up towards the Datacron.

B) Galactic Market: Look above the cranes/antenna towers in the first area with enemies.

C) Black Sun Territory: Near the Face Merchants heroic on a balcony.

D) Black Sun Territory: High up on the right hand side as before you start going down the ramps after you get off the flightpath and take the elevator down. Look right from (-3312, -183).

E) Black Sun Territory: It is above a crosswalk that prevents you from seeing it as you approach the area from front. Turn around and look up (-3956, 253).

F) Justicar Territory: In between justicar detention center and justicar computer lab. Look up and scan (803, 4544).

DROMAND KAAS (6) (Info from British_Wookie, Arryn_Khaldun, Pennfold, deWildeBEAST)

A) Acquired during the first stages of "The Shroud" mission. (Midway up tower near Rebel Camp)

B) Lord Grathan's estate: On top of the main building.

C) Dark Temple Approach: Kaas City expansion area, on top of one of the cranes.

D) Dark Temple Approach: Dark Temple Grounds, at the very top of the front of the temple.

E) Take the taxi to the Imperial Intelligence citadel. From the south side of that landing pad, point the binoculars to the south east and up just slightly.

F) A little bit east of the entrance to Kaas City is a waterfall, atop that waterfall. Look directly towards the waterfall from (140, 507).

TARIS - REPUBLIC (6) (Info from Risto_N, Widriksen, Pogmolthoin)

A) Republic Resettlement Zone: Facing west-southwest .Stand near taxi and look up to left of spaceport. (-1794, 519)

B) Republic Resettlement Zone: extreme NE of zone walk north of the entrance to the sinking city and look up on a platform. Viewed at (-962, -207).

C) The Sinking City: Collapsed Medical District. Go to the second floor of Dynamet General, jump to the east onto the blue canvas and look at the very top of the mountain of debris to the west (-480, -342).

D) Tularan Marsh: Inside Transport Station 5. Far end (room with the Imperials). On a pipe in the center of the area and offset north. Viewed at (1117, -483).

E) Tularan Marsh: Derelict Swoop Track north of Brejik's Run. Just above the first big hole in the deck (1241, 193).

F) Endar Spire site: On the wing of the ship (-87, -144).

TARIS - EMPIRE (6) (Info from Pennfold, Dulfy)

A) Republic Resettlement Zone: Facing West Southwest. It's on the edge of a plate (-1794, 519).

B) Republic Resettlement Zone: (-971, -224) see DULFY

C) The Sinking City: Located outside the Dynamet General Hospital. You have to look up to find the droid. see DULFY

D) The SInking City: West of Forward Outpost Alpha. see DULFY

E) Tularan Marsh: This droid is at the very end of Transport Station 5, which can be accessed via a tunnel in NW section of Tularan Marsh. see DULFY

F) Tularan Marsh: NE of 75th Legion Forward Camp (1222, 190).

NAR SHADDA (6) (Info from LVee, Dulfy)

A) Upper promenade: just stand at the entrance to the GSI shop and look East, droid is visually over the right holotree.

B) Shadow Town (Republic only area): Rotating Droid a bit high up. Republic only area. Imperial Agents might be able to access the area as well. see DULFY

C) Red Light Sector (Republic only area): (3263, -3463). see DULFY

D) Lower Industrial Sector (Republic area): Empire players can also access this area via a long series treks from Upper Industrial Sector to the Imperial Gadget Warehouse next door. see DULFY

E) Corellian Sector (Empire only area): When you get off the speeder at the Corellian Sector, stand at the very edge of the speeder pad and look down. see DULFY

F) Network Access (Empire only area): Take the speeder to Network Access and go a bit into the main area. You will see a droid on a speeder pad below where you landed. see DULFY

TATOOINE (6) (Info from LeJarC, Tyrias)

A) Near Outpost Largona: Just over the the rock bridge there's a Sand People camp; pass it on the right side. Instead of going right to Largona go left and through theTwin Sun's camp; then to the left to the rift's edge. From here look in the southward leading rift.

B) Outpost Varath: when standing on the taxi platform it's in front of the most right cliff dwelling behind the taxi platform.

C) In the very south-east corner of the dune see, underneath a rock arch.

D) In between Anchorhead and Camp Karnori (in the exhaustion zone), viewable form both sides. (1740, -2680).

E) Ontop of one of two thin buildings in the sand people camp (1940, -980).

F) Floating by the top-most structure build into the cliffs (240, -2740).

ALDERAAN (6) (Info from Sfluhr, Staticus, Holyexecutor, Dulfy)

A) South of the Republic spaceport, perched atop a tower near the edge of the map.

B) In Fort Alde, perched atop a spire/antenna high above the fort.

C) Glarus Valley: Look east under an ice bridge (-1452, -223).

D) Kaamos Territory: Just before heroic area Ulgo Factory Grounds. When you step on the bridge, scan right of the left red-windowed tower (2450/-2102).

E) Kaamos Territory: Under the bridge of South Fornaak River (1317, -1698).

F) Alsakan Lowlands: SW of Wardpost Duval. Rock in the water (189, 1855). *INFO FROM DULFY SITE*

BALMORRA - REPUBLIC (6) (Info from Twisselmann, Dulfy)

A) Under the southern bridge connecting Gorinth Canyon to the Sundari Flatlands (733, 1614).

B) Camp Traken (Heroic Area): North of Markaran Plains. see DULFY

C) Markaran Plains: SW of Balmorran Resistance Listening Post. see DULFY

D) Gorinth Canyon: 3. Right on top of Troida Military Workshop. You can scan the droid at the top of the lift. see DULFY

E) Sundari Flatlands: Near Lower Sundari Outpost. This probe is located in a different location from the Imperial Balmorra counterpart. see DULFY

F) Sundari Flatlands: A bit north of Droid #5. see DULFY

BALMORRA - EMPIRE (6) (Info from DABhand, Renonssi, Twisselmann )

A) South west of okara droid factory: Swamp area farms. Droid is on the building on the east cliff (-1200,1605).

B) Heroic area in the Markaran Plains: main building to the north between the 2 domes, on the top (-800,95).

C) Outpost Victory: Platform high up on the tallest mountain, can be seen from the north of the base at the laser fences (605, 2041).

D) On the roof of the Troida Military Workshop building. Seen from the cliff overlooking the chasm from the east (-62, 1874).

E) Above the spacecraft wreck in the area where the "Comrades in Arms" heroic quest is done. Hard to spot from the ground level, but easily seen from the hill overlooking it in Sundari Flatlands to the east (728, 1090).

F) Under the southern bridge connecting Gorinth Canyon to the Sundari Flatlands (733, 1614)

QUESH () (Info from LeJarC, Risto_N)

A) North part of the map. At the point where you can choose to go right to the Three Families Palace Grounds go straight ahead. There's a big tower structures visible on roof on the right side of the entrance with a big vertical green illuminated strip facing you. It has two platforms going around it with the same green lighting. Droid is on the top one.

B) Magnilant Meadow: Far SE corner of the map, floating on a cliff south of the entrance to the mines.

C)

HOTH (6) (Info from Sfluhr, Nendreel, Risto_N, Dulfy)

A) In the Starship Graveyard, perched atop the starship wreck that sticks out to the west from the dreadnought at a 45-degree angle. The droid is sitting on the highest point of the wreck.

B) Highmount Ridge area: Geothermal plant. It's between the two high spires. There's a grill between them that makes it hard to spot (-1200, 90).

C) Clabburn Tundra: The Big Sink. Stand at the east edge of the pit and then look down to the west edge of the lava (-3045, -32).

D) Highmount Ridge: Go to the very south end of Highmount Ridge and look down. see DULFY

E) South of Starship Graveyard. see DULFY

F) Clabburn Tundra: (-2266, 690) see DULFY

BELSAVIS (6) (Info from Staticus, Dulfy)

A) Stand in front of where Primal Destroyer is and look at one of the holes up top.

B) The Tomb: Look at the building on an island in the middle of the lava. see DULFY

C) Ancient Prison Caverns: West end of the map. see DULFY

D) Maximum Security Throughfare: Inside the tunnel connecting Maximum Security to Ancient Prison Caverns. see DULFY

E) Maximum Security Section:NW section of the map, overlooking a rock in the middle of the lava lake. see DULFY

F) Minimum Security Section: NW section of the map, looking over a tower inside the prison courtyard. see DULFY

VOSS (6) (Info from Staticus, Holyexecutor)

A) Above the Tower of Prophecy in Voss-ka. Between two spires on top of the tower.

B) The Pelath-Ri Marches: Pel-Ki Ridge. Stand at 89/-2236 and look down at N-NW direction.

C) The Nightmare Lands: The Twisted Forest. On top of a high rock, visible from below (1840/-536).

D) The Gormak Lands: Chieftains Domain. On the left side of Or Kono Arena entrance, inside watchtower on the cliffs (-260/2485).

E) The Old Paths: The Ruined City. Stand in-between Imperial and Republic side of the ruins and look up east; on the back side of large building, probably part of the Imperial District in Voss-Ka.

F) The Pelath-Ri Marches: Embattled Shores. Just beneath the ark's top on the island.

CORELLIA (6) (Info from Dulfy)

A) Incorporation Islands (Empire): Stand at the very edge (close to falling off) and you can spot this droid in this pipe. DULFY

B) Labor Valley: West of Imperial War Camp. see DULFY

C) Labor Valley: SW of Republic Base. Can be a bit tricky but the droid is on the pipe structure thingie on top of this building. see DULFY

D) Labor Valley: NW of Republic Base. see DULFY

E) Axial Park: Droid is on top of the walkway connecting the two buildings. DULFY

F)Government District: South of the Bastion. DULFY

ILUM (3) (Info from Risto_N)

A) On a spire of ice between the Imp starting base and their heroic area (Republic Forward Base). Look NE and up (375, -713).

B) Eastern Ice Shelf: On top of corrupted Jedi Temple (last stage of seed 4-man). Look SW and up (-798, 318).

C) Eastern Ice Shelf: Forward Alien Base Camp. Look NE and up to the gap between the ice spires (1006, 724).

MAKEB (6) (Info from Ryhov, Dulfy)

A) At the very back of Salida Hesk's compound. Atop the giant statue on the unreachable mesa (Looks like a giant angel). Viewed from (-2990, -2724).

B) Telemur Mesa: Southern part of the map, looking towards the central satellite dish.

C) Gravity Hook 4 at the base of the hook from (-3767, 2956).

D) Frinn Mesa: A bit hard to spot but it is near the scaffold. DULFY

E) Cartel Mining Mesa: It is on the scaffold slightly above the endurance datacron. DULFY

F) Perekta Mesa: Near the Presence datacron on top of a bridge structure. DULFY

Edited by Twolightsabers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOSS :D

The Gormak Lands: Chieftains Domain

On the left side of "Or Kono Arena" entrance, inside watchtower on the cliffs (-260/2485).

The Old Paths: The Ruined City

Stand in-between Imperial and Republic side of the ruins and look up east - on the back side of large building, probably part of the Imperial District in Voss-Ka.

• Dev Post
Apparently you are suppose to get a mail after you complete the achievement with a pet in it but I didn't get any mail yet.

Hi Iwipe!

We're aware that the completion mail currently doesn't have a pet item attached. It's not intended, and we're working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, players who got the completion email without the item can file an in-game Customer Support ticket to have the pet item granted.

~Amber

Edited by AmberGreen

Hey, I was able to complete this just now. Feel free to use of the stuff I have to complete your thread. Apparently you are suppose to get a mail after you complete the achievement with a pet in it but I didn't get any mail yet.

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/17/swtor-mcr-99-droid-reconnaissance-achievement-guide/

Thank you Dulfy for your help and for creating the best guides out there. Now if we could just get the codex bugs fixed so the other achievements could be done ;) Any word on that Amber?

Hi Iwipe!

We're aware that the completion mail currently doesn't have a pet item attached. It's not intended, and we're working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, players who got the completion email without the item can file an in-game Customer Support ticket to have the pet item granted.

~Amber

Oh that is awesome! I was contacted by the Customer Service and they said to receive this mail you need to have completed the quest The Shroud's Droids. I am assuming he is referring to the heroic 4 at end of the Macrobinocular quest?

Hi Iwipe!

~Amber

I had already sent a ticket this morning regarding this (#8700553). Ticket went from Open, to Locked, back to Open. Is there any keyword I should attach to it in order to make sure it reached the correct destination?

I had already sent a ticket this morning regarding this (#8700553). Ticket went from Open, to Locked, back to Open. Is there any keyword I should attach to it in order to make sure it reached the correct destination?

Unrelated, but thank you so much for the droid list, couldn't have completed it otherwise :) OP if you can give credit to Kamii as well that would be awesome :)

Edited by Iwipe

Last one -

Correllia - Blastfield Shipyards - Exit the spaceport, take and immediate left, walk to the debris at the edge of the grass and look west over the gap (and slightly north). Viewed at (1007, 912, 45).

Republic only counterpart.

Hi Iwipe!

~Amber

Secret achievements that don't even come up until you start them and a secret award that doesn't even show on the final achievement - go ahead and spoil it anyway. Thanks. 3 layers of secret gone because of the 'developer' tracker. Edited by Octom

I got the pet this morning from customer service but it doesn't show up when you summon it. I wonder if the pet doesn't have a model yet or it is bugged on my end :(

Hmm... lucky you (or not)! Still waiting on mine...

Hi Iwipe!

~Amber

I got the Achievement. But there no mail. :mad:

I'm not sure if it's bugged or not, but I seem to be getting credited droid sightings when found on different characters. Fairly certain I only found 2 of the 3 Quesh droids but scanned one of them twice, once with a Rep and the with an Imp. Also, only found about 3 or 4 of the Tatooine droids and scanned a couple of the multiple times and now show 5/6 found.

Any ideas if this is working as intended? :confused:

I got the pet this morning from customer service but it doesn't show up when you summon it. I wonder if the pet doesn't have a model yet or it is bugged on my end :(

Confirmed bugged, both on preview window and after summoned.

I'm not sure if it's bugged or not, but I seem to be getting credited droid sightings when found on different characters. Fairly certain I only found 2 of the 3 Quesh droids but scanned one of them twice, once with a Rep and the with an Imp. Also, only found about 3 or 4 of the Tatooine droids and scanned a couple of the multiple times and now show 5/6 found.

Any ideas if this is working as intended? :confused:

If you look at the achievement requiremens it says:

• X/Y droids found.

instead of something like:

• Found droid #1
  • Found droid #2

It is tracking them as a total number rather than on an individual basis. I don't believe this was the intended behavior but it may have been implemented like this for simplicity. In any case it allows you to cheat your way out of finding that last elusive droid. Already reported as a possible bug.

I've also not received the mail and submitted a ticket. The response was that I haven't completed all the required missions on any character. I've completed ALL missions on BOTH side and have found all the droids. I want a better explanation or, probably correctly, my pet. Of course, had to submit another ticket since they close them every ******* time.

I've also not received the mail and submitted a ticket. The response was that I haven't completed all the required missions on any character. I've completed ALL missions on BOTH side and have found all the droids. I want a better explanation or, probably correctly, my pet. Of course, had to submit another ticket since they close them every ******* time.

I have completed ALL of the Binocular and Droid quests and found all of the droids and have got the achievement and no mail, was also told I was not done and could not get the pet. Working on finishing all the quests on my Imperial toon but many have said they did not have to complete on both sides to get the pet.

There seems to be some inconsistency (doesn't surprise me, seen it before) but Would like some more information on this matter.

I just got the answer from the customer support that the recieving of the pet is not bound to the achivement.

You have to find all droids with one character then you will get the pet!

The Achievement Designer awarded the golden Roflcopter....

Edited by Hardcora

A big thank you to OP for the thread. And to all who pitched in, wow, you guys are amazing.

I always try to help with these things but I apparently am the worst to find things on my own. :)

I know Duffy has a complete one, but I enjoy the forums and been able to talk about it as we go.

Again, many thanks. Much appreciated.:D

I just got the answer from the customer support that the recieving of the pet is not bound to the achivement.

You have to find all droids with one character then you will get the pet!

The Achievement Designer awarded the golden Roflcopter....

Except many of us have found them all and get a different answer from CS then you got.