Crowd Control Abilities

Nimtrix

Hello guys I have just recently joined SWTOR and I'm currently a lvl 24 sith Juggernaut. Without further delay I will lead you to my questions.

Questions:

As a tank I know the importance of crowd control for pulls but as a new player I don't know what crowd control other classes can pull off.

-What classes can crowd control?

-What are the name of these crowd controls?

-Any specific marks that I should use for those crowd controls so other players can quickly recognize them?

i'm a Jedi Consular (Sage/Healer) and i'm an even lower level than you but i can grab one mob at the moment and hold them in the air for 60seconds. If they take damage it breaks the spell, so i normally grab the furthest out mob as an AOE would break the spell.

The cooldown is also 60seconds,

Hello,

I am a lvl 27 Imperial agent operative. I have a sleep dart to CC 1 mob.

Mob has to be out of combat, and I have to be in stealth to apply it.

It will last 60 seconds. You will hardly notice it is CC'ed.

Furthermore I can slice a droid (in or out of combat) so it will be CC'ed for 60 seconds and have a lightning animation.

Sith Inquisitor Sorcerers get an upgrade of an ability (whirlwind?) so the mob will be in CC for 60 seconds, you'll notice the lightning around it.

Hope it helps!

60 second cc abilities

JK / SW

Guardian / Juggernaut - none

Sentinel / Marauder - Disable droid(?) - Droids only

JC/SI

Sage / Sorcerer - levitate/whirlwind - all types of mobs (their other AC has only 8 sec version)

Shadow / Assassin - mind maze/mind trap - non-droids (from stealth)

Smuggler/IA

gunslinger / sniper - slice droid - droids only

scoundrel / operative - tranquilizer - non-droids (from stealth) + they have slice droid too

Trooper/BH

Vanguard / Powertech - none

Commando / Mercenary - Concussive round/??? - all types of mobs

Sorry can't remember the names of the other side version for some of these, but that should be all

Edited by Eternalnight

Sage/Sorceror have Lift/Whirlwind. This can work on any mob. Has a minute cooldown.

Operatives/Scoundrel have sleep dart. This should work on any mob as long as they are out of combat (the mob that is).

Gunslinger/Sniper have Stun droid (I can't recall if its a Smuggler/Imperial agent skill or for that advanced class). Has no cool down and be continuously reapplied.

I swear Bounty Hunters/Mercenaries have some kind of paralyze dart. My friend used it a lot in heroics, but I can't for the life of me find what it is called.

Edit: Too slow xD

There are some 8 second "oh crap" cc like abilities. But I definitely wouldn't count of them being make or break of a pull all the time. Example. Flash grenade for IA/Smuggler, Cryo Grenade for Trooper. Most classes have some short 6 - 8 second debilitate or stun that can help clean things up.

After trying to find name for some stuff, here is a helpful post I found on a fan forum:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/threads/832-crowd-control-cc-abilities-compendium-%5Ball-classes%5D.html

Edited by Katreyn

The droid mez whilst being limited to mechanicals (turrets count as droids for it) is nice in that it doesn't have a cooldown.

So if someone instantly breaks your mez because they used an AoE when they weren't meant to, or attacked the wrong mob, you can reapply it right away.