Gtn

angellsean

I've read on the forum that you can buy a GTN station that goes in your starship.

My question is: Where do I buy this?

I've looked through every page of the cartel market and can't seem to find it, is this something that you have to buy from a vendor? Is it still available?

Once bought however, it will appear on the ships of all your characters in your legacy (i.e. on the same server), present and future. So unless you have characters spread over multiple servers you only have to buy it once. Edited by PLynkes

You don't need a legacy level OR credits if you pay cartel coins for it, and it's a few hundred cartel coins.

From the Legacy window click the unlock and you'll get the choices of what to pay for it, as well as the choice to buy it for that character or for the entire legacy. Definitely buy it for the entire legacy. It's more cartel coins, but well worth it (in our opinion).

In any case, you can open it from the Legacy window and check out the prices, and cancel out if you find it too expensive.

EDIT: And it's so expensive because a few hundred cartel coins = a few cartel packs = 250,000 credits each = 1 million for 4, so basically they made the costs equivalent. Also, they want you to pay RL money on cartel coins, instead of being F2P and taking up server bandwidth for free 17 hours each day so you can grind 1 million credits by farming heroics or flashpoints or whatnot.

Edited by Merouk

Press Y in game.

Click on Other (left hand side, under the character perks section)

Under Ship Unlocks, it is the last one on the top row.

Unlocking this requires Legacy level 25 and 5 million credits, or you can skip both of these requirements and pay 900 Cartel Coins instead.

You only need to buy this perk once per server (Legacy) and becomes available to ALL characters on said server (Legacy).

You don't need a legacy level OR credits if you pay cartel coins for it, and it's a few hundred cartel coins.

Just a fyi, it's 900 coins.

I have to admit though that it would probably be worth it for me. I find myself leaving my alts some place where a mail box, bank, and a GTN booth are all within sight of one another. That way they can do lots of gathering runs while I play with a single character.

900 though is more than I have currently. Have to wait and see...

EDIT: And it's so expensive because a few hundred cartel coins = a few cartel packs = 250,000 credits each = 1 million for 4, so basically they made the costs equivalent. Also, they want you to pay RL money on cartel coins, instead of being F2P and taking up server bandwidth for free 17 hours each day so you can grind 1 million credits by farming heroics or flashpoints or whatnot.
Unfortunately, there's really no direct correspondence bewteen what it costs to buy legacy stuff with cartel coins vs credits. The ratio of coins:credits is not remotely consistent (IOW things aren't priced at 100 coins = 100000 credits or whatever.) Many items have high coin prices but relatively low credit prices, and vice versa.

And there's even less correleation between what it costs to buy stuff from the cartel market (coins) and what it sells for on the GTN (credits), especially packs and the items from them.

For anyone thinking of getting one of these, its the best 5 mill I spent. I have always hated going to the station because of the lag there. I dont have a newer computer and it takes me about 2 minutes to log into the station and when moving around I cant go far without my hard drive chugging away and freezing the game.