1.2 = Fall of SWTOR

So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome.

BUT you nerf all tank classes ability to maintain agro EXCEPT the Shadow... Fail.

You increase Scoundrel's ability to heal... Awesome.

You KILL the Commando and Sage healers for anything harder than normal mode flashpoints... Fail.

What exactly was the thought process in the nerfs? Sages have no way to regain lost force and you took away their only ability to do so (yes you can spec down to 13% health vs 15% to regain but the sage now has to spend more time OFF of the tank...)

The commando's ammo regen is dead. On top of that you killed their ability to remove debuffs effectively by removing the 2 second spec they could knock off of it.

I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left.

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game. Oh and "story mode meant for the casual raid guild to see raid content..." is at best a bold faced lie and at worst either a showing of stupidity on the people who lead the development teams and their inability to ensure quality control OR you thought the PTS results where too "good" so you made it impossible. Last I checked you did flashpoint type zones to prepare for raids not the other way around...

It's disgusting. Oh and I won't even get in to the failed legacy... you know all that stuff you said we'd have that are now under the "soon to come" menu... PLUS the "you can buy these things with your legacy levels OR credits" but that's a fail because it's requirements PLUS credits...

Stupid.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quit your moaning, the reason your tanks cant keep aggro is because they either suck or are undergeared.. 1.2 just came out today and swtor have screamers like you already... jeez... this is a way better patch than 1.1 but shoulda definitely shoulda came with the game... i have a scoundrel healer and honestly they were already good healers prepatch... most people just dont know how to play the class.. and the buff for dps in pvp is actually not that much difference with full bm gear. probably with full war hero it would show the difference.

one thing im curious about is the moaning im getting from commandos, im hearing there nerf was pretty bad.

quit your moaning, the reason your tanks cant keep aggro is because they either suck or are undergeared.. 1.2 just came out today and swtor have screamers like you already... jeez... this is a way better patch than 1.1 but shoulda definitely shoulda came with the game... i have a scoundrel healer and honestly they were already good healers prepatch... most people just dont know how to play the class.. and the buff for dps in pvp is actually not that much difference with full bm gear. probably with full war hero it would show the difference.

one thing im curious about is the moaning im getting from commandos, im hearing there nerf was pretty bad.

imm imperial so ill use BH terms.

NO MOAR TRACER!! OMG *** WORLD END!!! QQ MOAR /UNSUB!!!!!

Same old story, different MMO.

Player X can't do new content. Game is going to Fail.

Player X had his/her class adjusted. Game is going to Fail.

Player X did not get all features in game in a patch. Game is going to Fail.

Yet, oddly enough, virtually every single major MMO that was released, enjoyed many years of success. And if I was a betting man, SWTOR will be around for a while as well.

Just got done on HM run of EV and KP as a MT on my Jug and frankly HM is easier now than its ever been. Holding threat was easier and I think its because the bonus threat from Crushing Blow along with the DPS increase made it easier to hold threat.

I personally am having a hard time but thats because im not used to its not throw everything you got to heal with 3 times and still have ammo to go anymore so ppl are having a hard time adjusting same with me its tought but its not game breaking and definatly doesnt need to have a rage quit thread about it

I would just like to inform you that a Sorcerer healer successfully healed the new hard mode flashpoint, with an assassin tank, and 2 merc dps. This was followed by a Juggernaut and Assassin duo tank with dual sorc healers clearing through the new operation on 8 man.

TLDR; You're bad.

Game hasn't even been out six months. Little early to start screaming "the sky is falling!" Besides, 1.2 looks okay so far. I'm just annoyed about the loot still being a mess.

Unless they strip all the RPG-like elements from it and turn it into a shooter, we have nothing to fear.

*looks at ME3*

... :eek:

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome.

BUT you nerf all tank classes ability to maintain agro EXCEPT the Shadow... Fail.

You increase Scoundrel's ability to heal... Awesome.

You KILL the Commando and Sage healers for anything harder than normal mode flashpoints... Fail.

What exactly was the thought process in the nerfs? Sages have no way to regain lost force and you took away their only ability to do so (yes you can spec down to 13% health vs 15% to regain but the sage now has to spend more time OFF of the tank...)

The commando's ammo regen is dead. On top of that you killed their ability to remove debuffs effectively by removing the 2 second spec they could knock off of it.

I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left.

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game. Oh and "story mode meant for the casual raid guild to see raid content..." is at best a bold faced lie and at worst either a showing of stupidity on the people who lead the development teams and their inability to ensure quality control OR you thought the PTS results where too "good" so you made it impossible. Last I checked you did flashpoint type zones to prepare for raids not the other way around...

It's disgusting. Oh and I won't even get in to the failed legacy... you know all that stuff you said we'd have that are now under the "soon to come" menu... PLUS the "you can buy these things with your legacy levels OR credits" but that's a fail because it's requirements PLUS credits...

Stupid.

Wait, you're the top third on your server and you can't do the flashpoint? Dude, 4 people in my guild ran it and they weren't even all Rakata and they died 5 times through the entire flashpoint.

You just SUCK, like REALLY bad.

meh he just complaining because of the change. all honesty i knew this was coming. every time something on an mmo is changed someone will always qq about it because they have trouble with adapting to stuff. for example, this other thread qq about sents/mars masterstrike/ravage, yet it can still be interrupted if you know how to and 2 you can easly walk away from it. i mean sorcs got the exploits to where to could exploit spamm their lightning jesus lol. its not the end of the world people, and it def isn't the end of swtor. i for 1 am really happy with the changes. just learn to adapt people, facts of life.

"zomg all the content is faceroll easy, *** bioware this game is rubbish"

*bioware makes harder content*

"waaaaaah! content is too hard, I cant just walk through it without trying, *** bioware this game is rubbish"

same old story, people are never happy.

"zomg all the content is faceroll easy, *** bioware this game is rubbish"

*bioware makes harder content*

"waaaaaah! content is too hard, I cant just walk through it without trying, *** bioware this game is rubbish"

same old story, people are never happy.

Exactly

This game falls short of content in everyway. All the 1.2 updates should have been in at launch n we should at this time be getting even more content. Poor devlopment team at bioware. worrying to much about bandaiding the issues instead of fixing them. They release this game knowing engine is a fail. So how can u expect to have a successful game if it start off with a failing system n engine. Bonkers on bioware. Customer should always be kept happy especially in mmo field. Giving me more crystal to make isnt making the crappy mechanics behind the game better just blinding everyone with nonsense which isnt as important as balancing issues n graphical problems. No game should run ur comuter as hard a tor does with terrible graphics n alliasing. Serious engine issues everyone isnt talking about!!!

Wait, you're the top third on your server and you can't do the flashpoint? Dude, 4 people in my guild ran it and they weren't even all Rakata and they died 5 times through the entire flashpoint.

You just SUCK, like REALLY bad.

I agree. We jumped right in without reading up one bit and figured it all out as we went along. We even had a PUG tank who was pretty bad. Loads of fun and a few suprises, now I just wish there were suprises every time to random things up a bit :D

Edited by NasherUK

Game hasn't even been out six months. Little early to start screaming "the sky is falling!" Besides, 1.2 looks okay so far. I'm just annoyed about the loot still being a mess.

Unless they strip all the RPG-like elements from it and turn it into a shooter, we have nothing to fear.

*looks at ME3*

... :eek:

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Wait wait..... Tiger lions and bears oh my O_O i am afraid

Wait till you complete story mode ops and get to hard mode... one little mistake and the whole raid wipes.

Good. So operations are finally becoming raids like they were intended to be?

That sounds good, actually. If you cannot deal with raidlike mechanics, don't raid, it's really quite simple. Most MMO's to date have had the same "mistake = wipe" manifestations. Sicaron in Rifts Hammerknell raid, for example.

People should stop whining about hard content, and instead take a good, hard look at their playstyle and builds.

Check forum posts about your class, look at videos on how others beat bosses, RESEARCH things before asking to get it nerfed.

Stop acting like an 8 yearold who had his cookies taken away. Deal with change, own up to it.

My group managed Lost Island Hard Mode last night, had a few problems to begin with but that was because we were learning the tactics as we went.

One guy was spec'd PvP build and we had 2 melee dps which made the whole thing allot harder than it should be especially for the last boss.