98% solo, I miss the player cities of SWG

Krisskar

Were the housing communities in SWG ever populated where you saw people? I mean you could go to a house and look around if they let you in but other then decorating the house what else was there? Maybe I looked near the end when the game only had a few months left.

If it's decorating only then we have our ships here and they don't cost any weekly "rent" to maintain.

I think it's it more the playerbase than the game, I am social 8, have been grouped since staring the game hang out with friends and guildies, it's only a solo game if you make it one.. over that last few years in mmo's there seems to be this new I want to solo everything in social game, i guess times are changing, not always for the best.. /sigh I agree to a point I would like to see activities in the cantina and such, not that much of fan of player cities, I used to enjoy swg when the cantina on coronet was hopping, after player cities all that died, but we held events in our city but just was not the same.. pros and cons to everything :)

Cancelled today for the same reason...99% single player game...cant keep paying to finish the single stories..allthough great im sure i can find similar or better single player games out there. Ill be back in a few months to see if anything changed. Doubt it...since GW 2 and Diablo 3 are coming out and they dont have any subscription attached...I think companies should seriously change the subscription methods. I hear many mmo's have become much better than since launch.( aoc for example)...but lost all their subscribers due to incomplete launch...im afreaid same will happen with swtor.

Player cities were nice until, they caused rubberbanding, reduced the spawns on vital spawns and restricted players from placing houses down because they didn't want to be a part of a city even if they wanted to be close to that location.

Also there was the fact that the land that would would allow player cities would be barren and lifeless like the land in SWG. Large land bobs with nothing on it, but only there for player cities.

I didn't really like that in SWG and I wouldn't like it here.

Customization of your ship like you could your house though would be nice.

False, this is a 100% single player game with co-op mode. Even in FPs and heroic quests there's no indication of you being a team or a group of heroes rather than people combined their solo questing to be able to kill a boss.

WoW was 98% single player game. The 2% part was the fact that you needed to group up so often that more often than not you found yourself questing in groups (talking bout vanilla and TBC). This is even more a solo experience along with the companions added and heroic4 quests and FPs are optional.

As for me, I feel like playing KotOR3 but it's ok.

A MMO lets you trade, craft, quest, pvp, role play, but most of all DEAL with real people and not just toons or GTM machines. World PvP and city raids (with a goal) is a must. Bartering is a must. Being able to role play (supported with emotes) is a must. None are existant in SWTOR.

Edited by Farho

I agree with the last poster who said that SWTOR is only a SOLO game is you want it to be... They made it so you do not have to be social if you don't want to be, which is better then making it social whether you want it or not. Some people play on low pop servers or late at night, so having a less social experience can be a good thing for them. For those of us who want a more social experience, then make it one.

I'm still waiting for a 501st Legion to start up on my server so I can jump my trooper over for my good ole fashion blaster skirmish lines.

Were the housing communities in SWG ever populated where you saw people? I mean you could go to a house and look around if they let you in but other then decorating the house what else was there? Maybe I looked near the end when the game only had a few months left.

If it's decorating only then we have our ships here and they don't cost any weekly "rent" to maintain.

Housing was also a for of banks, You could allow people access to your house which in return allowed them to take items from it. So if you had alts you could drop something in your house and then log onto an alt and pick it up, you could also drop it in your house and allow other people to take it. So yes it wasnt just for decoration but for storage.

Player cities were nice until, they caused rubberbanding, reduced the spawns on vital spawns and restricted players from placing houses down because they didn't want to be a part of a city even if they wanted to be close to that location.

Also there was the fact that the land that would would allow player cities would be barren and lifeless like the land in SWG. Large land bobs with nothing on it, but only there for player cities.

I didn't really like that in SWG and I wouldn't like it here.

Customization of your ship like you could your house though would be nice.

So player cities were nice except for the bugs. If they fixed the rubberbanding they cause and made it so that spawns wouldnt be in houses then they were good.

The things that you didnt like about housing were bugs and could have and should have been fixed.

There will not be any customization to your ship like hosing could be. The reasons are that anything you drop is destroyed unless its in a container that accepts items. The items also have no physical structure but just an icon. Every item in SWG had a physical presence that allowed you to place it and it became an item. SWTOR are just icons you can see. They will not spend all that money to change those features so you can decorate a ship (one that only your group can see BTW).

I think it's it more the playerbase than the game, I am social 8, have been grouped since staring the game hang out with friends and guildies, it's only a solo game if you make it one.. over that last few years in mmo's there seems to be this new I want to solo everything in social game

/qft....

swg was bad, if it wasn't SW no one would have played it .

Did you actually play the game or are you one of the thousands of sheep that just jump on the trash SWG bandwagon. The same could doubly be said for TOR , if it wasn't SW no one would still be playing. It's an average WoW clone with many basic features missing.

Did you actually play the game or are you one of the thousands of sheep that just jump on the trash SWG bandwagon. The same could doubly be said for TOR , if it wasn't SW no one would still be playing. It's an average WoW clone with many basic features missing.

I played it for 8 years, all of it's stages, and he is correct. It was a bad game.