Pack Changes Coming With the Strategy Alliance Pack

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we moved into the launch of Fallen Empire, the Cartel Market team has been making continuous changes to improve the overall Cartel Market experience. Much of this based on the feedback from those of you right here in the forums. One of the pieces of feedback they received regarding new packs is that they felt a bit lean.

With the new Strategy Alliance Pack releasing tomorrow, they will be adding back the second Primary Slot to each pack. This is similar to how previous shipments worked. That means that the contents of this pack will look like:

• Primary Slot (Mount, Armor)
  • Companion Gift
  • Jawa Junk

Thanks everyone, keep the feedback coming as the team looks to continue on improving packs.

-eric

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As we moved into the launch of Fallen Empire, the Cartel Market team has been making continuous changes to improve the overall Cartel Market experience. Much of this based on the feedback from those of you right here in the forums. One of the pieces of feedback they received regarding new packs is that they felt a bit lean.

With the new Strategy Alliance Pack releasing tomorrow, they will be adding back the second Primary Slot to each pack. This is similar to how previous shipments worked. That means that the contents of this pack will look like:

• Companion Gift
  • Jawa Junk

Thanks everyone, keep the feedback coming as the team looks to continue on improving packs.

-eric

Where does the companion fall into this? Primary slot?

/facepalm

Seriously BioWare?

I understand that you wanted to give us back some "value" and I think adding a second "Primary" item is a good step. My big question is, why do you keep including Companion Gifts in these darn packs? We have plenty of options in game to get Companion Gifts, and to make matters even worse you are only giving us Rank 5 gifts, and it's a chance for the best quality. If you insist on continuing to leave these in there, why are they not at least top quality Rank 6 Companion Gifts?

I'm more interested in hearing about your plans regarding group content; in particular for PVP. But hey thanks for sharing an update on the super pooper rare sparkly whatever cash shop thingies.

It's far too early for them to post the Patch Notes for tomorrow. They tend to wait until they are running out the door so that they don't have to deal with the outrage until it's too late to do anything other than damage control. So it'll be around 4 or 5 o'clock eastern time when they actually post those Patch Notes.

OK. I'll buy one. If it's totally junk like the last ones, I won't be buying more of these either. I expect the real feedback listened to was the sudden drop in revenue from coins for the cartel market. If these don't have a much better change of dropping decent stuff, I expect that feedback will continue.

While this change is appreciated, this is not the biggest thing that caused me to stop caring about Cartel Packs post-KotFE.

The biggest reasons are:

1. Lack of Reputation faction items & rewards
  2. Removal of Cartel Certificates
  3. Lack of Color Crystals

Edited by Rogirek
Forgot a reason

Hey folks,

• Companion Gift
  • Jawa Junk

-eric

1 out of 2 decisions today were good. Too bad the terrible NiM loot decision vastly out weighs the good decision to finally fix the cartel packs. But message recieved. Group content: no priority. Cartel Market: High priority.

And people say they don't listen. Well done Eric.

They don't listen;

EA/BW just felt the loss of revenue as players realized the new packs are not worth the expenditure and the packs are selling poorly in game.

BW needs to do a complete U-turn and change the packs back to the way they were before the bright ideas club got hold of them.

They don't listen;

EA/BW just felt the loss of revenue as players realized the new packs are not worth the expenditure and the packs are selling poorly in game.

BW needs to do a complete U-turn and change the packs back to the way they were before the bright ideas club got hold of them.

So far the two changes that have been made since these new packs have launched have been because of the feedback in the cm forum.