synthweaving vs artifice. (jedi sage)

nvmvoidrays

see the topic.

i'm a jedi sage. i'm definitely going to be taking slicing for disposable income.

however, my crafting skill hasn't been decided yet. basically, what would benefit me more: crafting armor or crafting weapon/weapon modifications?

also, which 'gathering' skill compliments each? is it archaeology for both?

Yes using Archaeology you will gain the materials needed for making the basic items in your crafting profession such as greens, But I wold recommend Artifice as you will be able to make great mods and crystals for your lightsabers!

Both Synthweaving and Artifice use Archaeology as a primary resource skill.

Synthweaving also benefits from Underworld Trading for blue/purple materials not obtained through Archaeology.

Artifice uses Treasure Hunting for blues/purples.

As far as which to choose well thats always a matter of opinion and everyone will give you a different answer do you want to be able to make your own armor or mods for light sabers and other equipment slots.

Edited by Sykopathik

Artifice makes weapon mods mostly, they'll be stat boosts, but not do much visually. Synthweaving lets you craft green/blue/purple quality armor, as well as oranges from drops. It is less useful if you plan to use mostly orange armor slotted with enhancements to look the way you want. It is more fun if you want to discover lots of different variations on armor through re-engineering.

For every green recipe you learn, you can re-engineer to learn three different blue versions, and then re-eng those to learn 15 different purple versions. The variation on crafted armor is staggering. Being able to craft a whole bunch of very specific gear, say defense/shield can be useful and sought after by friends/other players.