1.3 Leveling guide for a merc?

laz_AU

Because figuring out how to play the prof without someone telling you how to is just too much like work, I guess.

Thank you for such a helpful response. I have been attempting to work it out by myself but unfortunately, as I'm a full time medical student and am working part time, I don't have the time to mess around trying different rotations and talents - I get like 2hrs of game time a week and would rather no squander it calculating this stuff. When I'm lvl 50 and have a better idea of how the class plays I can make my own build but right now I need a leveling guide to help get me started

So, I'm actually leveling a Merc and it's currently a level 37. I looked at a lot of forums and threads and found some things that really helped me out, which I'll share. First is the talents. Again, these are for leveling mainly.

Talents Clicky

I ignored the pyrotech and bodyguard tree 'til around level 20. When selecting them as I leveled I focused on the Arsenal tree until I got Tracer Missle first. That was my priority. Again, around level 20.

Single Target:

For a rotation on an elite I'd use:

Tracer Missle, Explosive Dart, Rail Shot, Tracer, Tracer, Unload.

AOE:

Concussion Missle if there are two strong mobs.

Death from Above, Fusion Missle, Sweeping Blasters and Explosive Dart on Strong Enemy.

These are horrible rotations for raiding, but it helps me leveling. Obviously using your Electro Dart (stun) and Jet Boost (knockback) is crucial if mobs start over running you.

Also, always use Mako. Always. I've tried the others (not blizz yet) and she's the best. A healing companion is your best bet if you're a DPS. Just choose Mako items when the quest rewards are appropriate and she'll be great.

Edited by PUMA

Just like the guy before me : you need to get that tracer missile first ! Then you can fool around and get what you want, if you have a tracer missile and mako healing your ***, you can do whatever you want !

When I was leveling I built a tree starting like this :

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfoMR0cZbskMo.2

After that you could get more points either in dps or, as I did, in healing tree. Maybe with the 1.1 nerf to mercs it's harder now, but I could heal just fine and play solo like a boss too.

Edited by Kaddie