Please Completely REMOVE PvP from SWTOR

Anzel

I watched in horror for over two years while the team over at SOE and LucasArts tried to "balance" and "re-balance" and "re-balance the entire game just to satisfy the so-called "PvP Community". This "balance" was never achieved and the "community" was never satisfied. Ever. Ultimately we ended up with the NGE which was almost as popular as New Coke and the rest is history.

One of my greatest fears for SWTOR was that EA/BioWare would fall into the same trap and suffer this never ending cycle of balance and re-balance. Early on during beta we had Georg Zoeller and others that kept the community in line. They didn't cave into every little cry of, "Nerf this" and "Nerf that". For the most part things went smoothly.

However, during the last three game updates we have seen changes that were dramatic enough where a complete and total refund of skill points were necessary.

Game Update 1.2 - Legacy (4/12/2012)

Game Update 1.3 - Allies (6/26/2012)

Game Update 1.4 Terror From Beyond (9/26/2012)

Additionally... and possibly even more disturbing is that we have seen new features being held back to just to satisfy the "PvP Community". During Game Update 1.2 - Legacy there were legacy skills actually listed in the game named "Celerity I and Celerity II". These legacy skills were intended to give all of your characters in the legacy an increase to their sprint modifier. However when Game Update 1.3 - Allies hit PTS these abilities were mysteriously gone from the game. When asked why we were told the following by William Wallace:

Let's all be honest with each other for a moment here. PvP has no real place in this game. It's not part of the story. It almost seems to be an afterthought as it is. There are only 4 maps (yes you reading that right... FOUR whole maps. Not even good ones) where the same 16 people are killing each other over and over again. So basically this game and its entire community is meant to suffer because the same tiny group of people complain over and over and over again and will never... and I mean NEVER be satisfied.

EA/BioWare: Stick to what you are good at which is... Interactive, Cinematic, Story Telling and Role Playing. Let these folks go kill each other over and over again in MW3 or COD3 or Halo4 or whatever pleases them. They represent such a minute portion of your subscriber base yet you are KILLING YOUR GAME trying to please them. They will never be satisfied and you will ultimately be left with nothing but an empty, twisted shell of what you set out to create.

Find the courage to develop the game that 99% of players want to really play. More story. More cooperative play. More customization. More role play. More progression.

Please completely remove PvP from SWTOR.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread looks kinda similar to this thread, honestly (I mean in terms of "doom"). :p

Anywho... WHAT?! :eek: If SWTOR's PvP was removed altogether, a lot of players would be unhappy like I would and would be out of this game faster than a heartbeat.

This game would be killed before F2P would hit! :p

Edited by MOPSFounder

This thread looks kinda similar to this thread, honestly. :p

Anywho... WHAT?! :eek: If SWTOR's PvP was removed altogether, a lot of players would be unhappy like I would and would be out of this game faster than a heartbeat.

This game would be killed before F2P would hit! :p

no sir, you mis understand let pvp go to pvp servers ?

and leave the rest of us (that enjoy the game's pve) alone :)

Edited by maxilo

If anyone were to suggest removing RP, they'd face a ban I bet...

I suggest removing RP. All those folks that do nothing but emote crap back and forth to each other on the fleet and in the various planetary cantinas are causing extra server lag :p

Competitive PvP is all about the players skills/reflexes/etc. determining whether (s)he wins or loses.

Good RPG is all about the characters skills/stats/etc. determining whether the character wins or loses.

This is an RPG. Competitive PvP in this game makes no sense and will simply never be satisfying. The core mechanics of the two concepts are 100% at odds with each other. It Just Doesn't Work.

Competitive PvP is all about the players skills/reflexes/etc. determining whether (s)he wins or loses.

Good RPG is all about the characters skills/stats/etc. determining whether the character wins or loses.

This is an RPG. Competitive PvP in this game makes no sense and will simply never be satisfying. The core mechanics of the two concepts are 100% at odds with each other. It Just Doesn't Work.

Thank you for your very biased OPINION. Some of us disagree with you though. Since we also purchased the game, we also have a right to express OUR opinions.

And to all you folk who think the combat changes have been about PvP, think again.

- Rez once per "fight" - PVE!

- Heal once per fight - PVE!

- Heal nerfd/reductions - PVE! (Expertise handles this for PvP)

- Commando Interrupt - PVE!

Honestly, PvE has probably had a bigger impact on the BIG changes than PvP has.

Dear OP, I found a post you had made yesterday in a random thread, and oddly enough it fits my reply to you.

Being a fanatic of any kind and trying to impose your views of what's right or wrong on others is terrible. Period.

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Apaolo

Just so you PVE-only players know, a lot of the changes in the last update were not things PVP players were asking for or complaining about either. Other than the Force Sweep animation fix, I didn't want any of it.

The solution is not to remove PVP (we all know that to be an absurb request) but instead for Bioware to just leave things alone. If something is considered OP or bad for PVP, just live with it.

Edited by RAVM

Dear OP, I found a post you had made yesterday in a random thread, and oddly enough it fits my reply to you.

Have a nice day :)

LOL, good one :D

Now you can see why I'm so

about having Celerity removed and my skill trees butchered so badly that my skill points are refunded with every game update :p

PvE is boring. You fight enemies who's actions are pre-scripted and that you memorize!

BUT... there was a nugget of truth in the OP's self interested rant. PvE has had FAR more resources dedicated to it than PvP and it's 4 maps.

In response, please stop spending more resources on PvE than PvP. This is unfair to the PvP portion of the game community.

Thanks

Your customer.

yup,,wow is still working on that,,,every patch gives new problems in PVP, and then the forums glow with rage

i stopped PVP after full epic gear sets for my 2 mains,,2 months of intensive pvp

3 months later the epic gear was almost useless , when the next expansion got out

i agree with original poster. PVP should be removed in opinion it would benefit the game with its removal. for the most past the largest fan and sub base of the game are people who are just here to play the game nothing more nothing less. PVP is a complete waste of time at least on this game. SO yeas EA/Bioware need to focus on just the game itself and actually improve the game with new missions more planets items ship customization's etc etc. and not these crybaby PVP'ers.

i agree with original poster. PVP should be removed in opinion it would benefit the game with its removal. for the most past the largest fan and sub base of the game are people who are just here to play the game nothing more nothing less. PVP is a complete waste of time at least on this game. SO yeas EA/Bioware need to focus on just the game itself and actually improve the game with new missions more planets items ship customization's etc etc. and not these crybaby PVP'ers.

People will quit...quickly.

PvE is boring. You fight enemies who's actions are pre-scripted and that you memorize!

BUT... there was a nugget of truth in the OP's self interested rant. PvE has had FAR more resources dedicated to it than PvP and it's 4 maps.

In response, please stop spending more resources on PvE than PvP. This is unfair to the PvP portion of the game community.

Thanks

Your customer.

Well considering there are only about 16 or so people killing each other over and over again on four tiny maps it's "unfair" that they spend any resources on PvP at all. PvP has no place in this game.

Thanks

Your customer.

Though I do enjoy Operations, I'm quoting this for truth. One reason I hate the side-quests of this game. They aren't revolutionary and leveling in this game by doing side-quests are extremely boring. EAWare should have NEVER nerfed the amount of XP you gain leveling through WZs.

Remove PvP, and a lot of people would quit, myself included.

I have no desire to do PvE content other than leveling alts. At max level I pvp. Thats it. I find it very satisfying and enjoyable.

Now, instead of demanding that PvP be removed, you should instead be demanding that they make a separate skill tree JUST for pvp, and make skills behave one way in PvE, and another in PvP. Then we could have both living together in harmony.

To demand that an integral part of the MMO experience be removed because it messes up your PvE just shows you to be a fool.

Well considering there are only about 16 or so people killing each other over and over again on four tiny maps it's "unfair" that they spend any resources on PvP at all. PvP has no place in this game.

This differs from the 8-16 people in your raid how? Oh, it doesn't? Therefore, we should remove PvE too by your inane logic.

Do you realize just how vital a role PvP plays in an MMO?

You don't need stims or consumables for ANY Operation...PvPers chew threw them like candy. In PvE, you can loot gear that's good enough for anything and never buy one piece of armor or armoring MOD. PvPers will pay MILLIONS for the 61 Barrel. PvE is so casual you don't even need to buy augments. PvPers pay top dollar for them.

PvP plays a HUGE role in this game in places you don't even think about.