bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

akcac

I see alot of people making reference to WoW and how great they are at banning the Hakzors.... They do this by scanning every users computer with their own brand of Spyware called "The Warden" Blizzard has been sued many times over the 'Privacy" issues this violates. The Warden scams your entire computer sending data back to blizzard where they run a scanner to look for known cheating dll's, or software that passes the duck test for cheating. I dont mind this so much, but..... They are scanning your whole PC and anything attached to it. Its one of the resons i quit wow when i was mistakingly banned for using auctioneer. NO BLIZZARD game will run without the warden, which runs every single time you use ther launcher to open a game. Me personally i value my privacy, whats to keep blizzard from exploiting that data or data mining it for profit to 3rd parties? I would trust the original Blizzard pre-Activision take over. I however have NO trust or confidence in Activision. Think about it.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw and thought the exact same thing the other night they were moving so fast i could not even click the name, i noticed watched them while i was face planted and they just run from one end of the arena to the other taking out anyone they found they were going in out and of stealth in matter of seconds and they definetly had no global cool downs as it took 2 seconds to wipe me out and i mean 2 seconds, i was on my powertech so no way they should be able to get me from full to zero health with my absorb bubble actve too and tbh they were going that fast i only had a chance to active the bubble once in the 5 times in the match they killed me 3 of these were within 10 seconds as there was no barrier when i died im guessing its because i was killed so quick and the barrier is timed.

I knew they were using speed hack as i watched them it also looked like they had the speed buff on them all the time but this is probably because they were just running from one player to the next taking them out in seconds.

I have only seen it in one match but i agree there is some people using a speed hack as it was just not possible to take a tank out in 2 seconds flat. 2 seconds ***! this totally ruins the game and means they are getting all the marks superfast.

This needs looking in to asap.

as now people know theres a speed hack there gonna be all over google looking for one.

Paranoid players who lack sufficient understanding of game mechanics are killing pvp, by accusing "everyone" of hacking.

Well maybe some but i been playing games for years and i know when someone is bypassing the global cooldowns, they were running around the arena taking out the whole team within seconds sorry this isnt possible especially when you take the force/power needed to run a dps train like that.

To kill a tank in 2 seconds you tink thats right?

Maybe your the cheat if your defending these people as i know what i saw and that certainly wasnt right i mentioned it to my friend who plays in work 2 days later theres apost about it so im not the only one seeing it, so were all lying coz were rubbish at pvp? yeah right they were cheating period theres no way they could take anyone out that quick with global cooldowns never mind the power bar

Edited to say, they also had the speed aura on them constantly for the time i watched them i watched them that long i got kicked from the WZ they were killing so fast they constant had the aura on them so please stop trying to say we don't understand the mechanics of pvp when they were clearly using a speed hack, as what they were doing was not possible without some sort of speed hack.

BTW that was the first time i have seen this in the all the games i have played so its not widespread am but it soon will be and BW need to clamp down on it and ban the cheats before they ruin it for others and make people leave.

Edited by XmaceukX

Well maybe some but i been playing games for years and i know when someone is bypassing the global cooldowns, they were running around the arena taking out the whole team within seconds sorry this isnt possible especially when you take the force/power needed to run a dps train like that.

To kill a tank in 2 seconds you tink thats right?

Maybe your the cheat if your defending these people as i know what i saw and that certainly wasnt right i mentioned it to my friend who plays in work 2 days later theres apost about it so im not the only one seeing it, so were all lying coz were rubbish at pvp? yeah right they were cheating period theres no way they could take anyone out that quick with global cooldowns never mind the power bar

Edited to say, they also had the speed aura on them constantly for the time i watched them i watched them that long i got kicked from the WZ they were killing so fast they constant had the aura on them so please stop trying to say we don't understand the mechanics of pvp when they were clearly using a speed hack, as what they were doing was not possible without some sort of speed hack.

So, how are you doing anything more than proving my point?

Paranoid players who lack sufficient understanding of game mechanics are killing pvp, by accusing "everyone" of hacking.

Yeah we once had our entire ranked team reported for speed hacking. 2 marauders with predation is cheating right?

Edited by Ainew

So, how are you doing anything more than proving my point?

what do you mean proving your point that what your sticking up for cheaters? because thats all your doing as i said the rest of the enemy team was not running round like a cat on fire these 2 players were just 2 from the whole team and you think they were not cheating, do you know of any mechanics in the game that can make someone bypass the global cooldowns and have constant speed auras? and these were going a lot faster than the speed aura boost gives.

Because thats the only way they could have inflicted so much damage in so little time 2 seconds 2 SECONDS to go from full to zero health plus the tanks extra defenses and absorb bubble? You know someone this good as i would like to see it in action?

Yeah we once had our entire ranked team reported for speed hacking. 2 marauders with predation is cheating right?

this was not the whole team just to and its the way they were going from one person to the next taking them out its not possible no mater how good you are in pvp without a speed hack.

i know what i saw and reading this posts im not the only thats seen it taking place so please stop trying to defend these cheats, when its a good player i will say wow good player it does not hurt me to lose pvp why would i care? but i do care when people are ouright cheating.

Can you snip from your combat those 2 seconds where your one attacker was doing 9k dps to you?

Over 12k health, no i didn't get it as its not really my job to prove whose cheatting im jut saying what i saw its BW job to investigate. Hopefully they will take this serious as i know what i saw and it was definetly cheating.

And when i say its not my job i get limited online time im not going to use it trawling through combat logs when i didnt even get their names they were that quick! so quick i couldnt even click on them and you think thats right? Not you personally the people sticking up for the obvious cheats.

Edited by XmaceukX

Over 12k health, no i didn't get it as its not really my job to prove whose cheatting im jut saying what i saw its BW job to investigate. Hopefully they will take this serious as i know what i saw and it was definetly cheating.

And when i say its not my job i get limited online time im not going to use it trawling through combat logs when i didnt even get their names they were that quick! so quick i couldnt even click on them and you think thats right? Not you personally the people sticking up for the obvious cheats.

its called a parser. if you're going to bring complaints to the forums do your homework, otherwise stick to tickets. its your job to do the work to back up your claim if you're going to make it to the rest of us, and if you don't we're going to tear you a new one for being lazy.

Funny story:

I'm quing some Warzones on my level 40 Marauder alt. Of course, at that level - Mara is pretty awesome to play and I'm having a great time beating on people who have no idea how to play the game... but this one incident from yesterday stood out.

I'm middle in Alderaan and I notice a OP stealth up and head towards our side flag. At that point, we had some other incoming middle so we killed him, and as soon as they were dead, I dropped down from mid to help out the side flag. Of course, as I'm walking towards the flag, our defender (melee OP), seems completely oblivious to the giant beam of blue light that's behind him capping the flag. I call that out, but it's to late, since the guy caps the flag.. and as soon as that happens, the guy guarding the flag says, "That's BS, I was looking at this thing the whole time, this guy is obviously hacking." I clearly remember my statement, which was, "No such things as hacks in this game, only bad players who can't play."

We did win that game but not without that guy constantly crying and complaining the whole time... and after the game was over, he sent me a tell saying that I must be one of them hackers and cheats, since I'm defending them so much.

I've played this game since the early beta tests.. and I've continued playing it up until now, with the best guilds and best PVP groups on each of the servers I was on. I can say that ONLY ONCE did I see someone hack, and that was a level 37 Assassin on Ilum, who was obviously abusing speed hacks just cuz he could. I didn't really mind, I found it amusing and even tried to race with him on my speeder.

I just think that people who have no comprehension of game mechanics, or any sort of idea on how to PVP, or maybe the unwillingness to learn or admit that they aren't all that great... well, they tend to have this sort of mentality that no matter what, only way people beat them is through cheating. Feel free to ask the kids that my team 6-0'ed in Hutt Ball the other day in about 3 min. Apparently they all reported us because their brains couldn't figure out that our Juggy was interceding to a stealth-ed Assassin... not to "ghosts" as they were saying.

Weird things happen sometimes in WZ's due to bugs.

Yesterday in VS, my Sent was perma-stunned by one of those pesky stun-locking operatives. We were the defending team in the first round and there was only about 45 sec left on the clock, but I was stunned for that entire time. When the second round started, I was unstunned and reset properly behind the attacker force-field...thankfully or I would have likely tragically un-subbed.

The only really strange thing I've seen was in VS when the other team was somehow planting the bombs on both doors while their entire team was hanging out in the attacker start area. It was dumb...we just kept diffusing them. I have no clue what was going on there...if it was a hack they were really stupid...I think it was some type of weird bug though.

Edited by stuffystuffs

Now that I've been spending more time doing pvp again, I've been noticing a huge uprise in cheating that it's just incredibly out of hand now. There are tons of youtube videos demonstrating them and tons of results in google as well, and sometimes in huttball you'll see a ballcarrier just zip from mid to the endzone in 2 seconds, you'll freeze or lag severely in voidstar while one guy zips around, you'll never be able to stun the assassin that just runs around spiking people every 2 seconds, or a sage's health that just doesn't drop even without force armor or a sentinal that kills you in 3 globals even if you have 22K health.

Yeah everyones paranoid and ignorant because there is absolutely no cheat hacking in this game.. right?

/sarcasim

- swtor hack cheat - Google - 1,710,000 results

- swtor hack cheat - Youtube - 1,380 results

While there are people that are too quick to point the finger without other considerations, hacking does exsist in SWTOR and it is becoming a problem. Fact.

Edited by SwordofSodan

Yeah everyones paranoid and ignorant because there is absolutely no cheat hacking in this game.. right?

/sarcasim

- swtor hack cheat - Google - 1,710,000 results

- swtor hack cheat - Youtube - 1,380 results

While there are people that are too quick to point the finger without other considerations, hacking does exsist in SWTOR and it is becoming a problem. Fact.

Most videos I've seen showing speed hacks and other proposed hacking are either not recent or questionable at best. Just because you get results from typing in something on Google or Youtube doesn't mean it's accurate. Although... oh ****.... Repitilians (About 559,000 results - zomg) are taking over the world.... David Icke .. he said... well, there's proof! Just look for it! In all seriousness, don't accuse someone of hacking unless you can prove it and if you can't,... common sense says to keep your mouth shut and or report them. Let someone else look into it and deal with it that is able to take appropriate steps and actions. I queue for warzones daily and have not seen anything even remotely questionable in a long time and if I did, I'd follow my own advice.

At this point I think it is just handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. Bioware remains clueless on most activities including how to write, test and compile workable code.

So far the imbalances are glaring proof of incompetency of any sort of game implementation. Most of us that are still here are somewhat forced due to not getting a full refund for time not used. I been asking for the balance remaining since 1.2 released and finally when my time is up it will be a sweet released for this implemented epic phail.

Most people's bets are the fact when this thing becomes free to play and considering most of the failures here I would consider making the game open source. The hackers might have more luck at repairing things then the current paid for game developers that exists here. Considering they could barely write an acceptable ending for Mass Effect 3 how do you think future progress on this game will help?

-Tordo

Chip on your shoulder much?

What about shooting through the force fields in Voidstar, as I brought up in my earlier post? I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet, but I'd love to hear how that's not a hack.

That's more likely a bug. I used to be able to roll through on my smuggler. Fixed now tho.

Most videos I've seen showing speed hacks and other proposed hacking are either not recent or questionable at best. Just because you get results from typing in something on Google or Youtube doesn't mean it's accurate. Although... oh ****.... Repitilians (About 559,000 results - zomg) are taking over the world.... David Icke .. he said... well, there's proof! Just look for it! In all seriousness, don't accuse someone of hacking unless you can prove it and if you can't,... common sense says to keep your mouth shut and or report them. Let someone else look into it and deal with it that is able to take appropriate steps and actions. I queue for warzones daily and have not seen anything even remotely questionable in a long time and if I did, I'd follow my own advice.
I've played every advanced class in this game since launch and I know what they are capable of. I've also witnessed enough warzone cheating in my time with the game. If you haven't seen anyone hacking on your particular server whenever you play, then good for you! But why linger in these kinds of threads pestering the people who claim they have? People in this community have posted proof, ie: hack site links, videos and Google results to back up their claims. I read somewhere on these forums that a major guild was caught cheating in RWZ and openly admitted to it! So stop denying this and causing needless friction in the community because it makes you look foolish, among other things.

Some people are quick to point fingers like I said before. It's because there is a lot of cheating going on and this is starting to cause sensitivity within the SWTOR community. Pretty simple.

fyi - If anyone is in a warzone and gets accused of hacking and they know that they haven't, just ignore and move on. Don't whine like a baby in the forums about it.

Edited by SwordofSodan

Bioware is not going to do anything about the hacks. I have reported quit a few hackers and they just say they will check into it. Rated warzones are really terrible about hacks. I am glad my 6 month subscription is almost up.

I have experienced this horrible feeling for the first time in ranked WZs tonight.

A guild team we have played a few times and usually beat comfortably suddenly hammered us 6-1 at huttball:

:mad:Ball carriers dropping through the floor, disappearing for several seconds then a score is announced and suddenly they reappear over the goal line.

:mad:Their players managing to solo grab and carry away the ball from the respawn when there were 4-5 of our players around in total control of the situation (we thought!) - repeated cc immunity including roots.

:mad:numerous other seeming instances of teleporting.

I have raised a CS ticket of course but the whole situation is unsatisfactory. It will take them ages to look into it and I will never be told of the outcome - were we cheated or was this the luckiest collection of lag spikes in one team's favour in history? If one or more players are eventually banned or suspended that will be welcome, but in the meantime I have to queue for ranked knowing I may face this team again with the same anomalies. This being ranked I can't just leave when I see who I'm facing as that will count as a defeat.

It makes me feel like I don't want to play ranked on this server any more.

I see a lot of ppl (gunslingers/snipers?) camped on the huttball spawn point. you can target them but can't attack. what's going on with that? (no idea of it's legal or not but happens a lot)

they aren't attacking. but they seem to be able to come out of that and pick up the ball when it spawns.