HM SOA & BONETHRASHER Marauder (Sentinal PoV)

Nice videos and thank you for making them.

The Bonethrasher fight is particular interesting for me as i play a marauder myself i have been trying this boss on two occasions in HM with a pickup group (which failed, i wont try another time with a PUG ;) ).

My main question for this fight is if its actually possible to evade this "cleave" in any way?

In the video you get hit several times by it for 12k each time, mostly during the final 20% (doesnt seem be to be crits, and i am not sure if this could crit).

The videos shows, which was exactly my experience, that there seems no postion to avoid that hit.

So is this really supposed to be that way? Just accept 12k random hits making this fight a nightmare for healers with no responsibilities for the melees in terms of positioning?

Edited by Scotsh

what we TRY to do... try benig the key word as he loves to just randomly swap targets and insta cleave. and i didnt get any on this clip but he will backwards cleave on ocassion.

anyways what we have been trying to do is have who ever hes targeting eat all the damage. the healers try to get some absorbs up and use any personal cd's. carefull with force camo as he'll change targets it seems. but still 100% damage reduction so use it wisely.

its honestly just a messy fight. if your healers are up to the job and u can avoid cleaving hitting more than 2 people you should have no problem.

it can be 3 healed to if your dps is really strong. we run with 6 dps 2 healer though.

its honestly just a messy fight. if your healers are up to the job and u can avoid cleaving hitting more than 2 people you should have no problem.

Yeah, well thats kind of the problem, how to position the raid to avoid a cleae of or than 2 people if there is no telling where its save to be. I got hit by that damn cleave on the other side of the fighting area, while killing an add.

it can be 3 healed to if your dps is really strong. we run with 6 dps 2 healer though.

Do you mean that you do not take any tanks with you (and substitute 2 DDs after the fight) or that the tanks will specc DD for this fight only?

We had problems where BT would not stand still when cleaving and spin even though the player targeted wouldnt move, and his swipe would end up cleaving an even larger radius. Is this problem known? Are we doing something wrong? He doesn't plant his feet like I have seen in videos and swipe so cleanly, but we will keep trucking along until we can get him down.

welcome to BT lol. He will backwards cleave. Turn then cleave. Cleave then cleave. Its the most broken fight ive seen and the best way to deal with it is many many attempts and getting better at dealing with some of the more annoying glitches.

Best bet is to keep ranged spread out as much as possible so u can clearly see who hes targeting. When he switchs to melee comunicate and have one go each way. Sometimes it isnt easy trust me. NM is a gong show.

Nice videos and thank you for making them.

The Bonethrasher fight is particular interesting for me as i play a marauder myself i have been trying this boss on two occasions in HM with a pickup group (which failed, i wont try another time with a PUG ;) ).

My main question for this fight is if its actually possible to evade this "cleave" in any way?

In the video you get hit several times by it for 12k each time, mostly during the final 20% (doesnt seem be to be crits, and i am not sure if this could crit).

The videos shows, which was exactly my experience, that there seems no postion to avoid that hit.

So is this really supposed to be that way? Just accept 12k random hits making this fight a nightmare for healers with no responsibilities for the melees in terms of positioning?

Depending on your spec, you can force cloak it to immune the damage from it. The fight is easy if your group doesn't run like a chicken with its head cut off. Whoever he is targeting should eat the 12k damage (albeit shielding it if they can) , the rest should move out of the way of the swipe. It is a little buggy and hits the melee on his back sometimes, but if you're at max melee range you shouldn't be getting hit.

Not sure why OP wasn't using his force cloak to avoid getting damaged with the swipe (or any cooldowns for that matter), guess he hates his healers.

Edited by Nessirin

Agree that the best way is to have as many ranged as possible, but for melee hes big cleave is not supposed to hit you if you are behind him, you can see when he will cleave becouse he will stop before he does. Keep in mind tho that just being between his legs are not enough, you should make sure that you are at least 5m behind him. And as for Tank in this fight, Bonethrasher himself cannot be tanked only the adds that spawn. So I suggest have your tank spec dps, he can still pick up the adds when they spawn.

Either way this is a very tough fight, our guild have only tried it a couple of times at this point but have not had enough dps with both our tank and off tank in the fight. We will go all dps next time :p

And idd nice videos, great job man :)

We have had a tank in the run on occassion but definitly 6dps 2 heals is the way to go. And any self healing and obsorbs your dps can do will make the fight seem a lot more clean.

on the plus side once you down him you will be 5/5 in kp about an hour or two later. ill get some of the nightmare videos up this week. We use same strats for all three tiers of content. just need some none glitched fraps to load up.

We do this weekly with 2 tanks, our PT doesnt have DPS gear so he just stays in tank gear and picks up the adds that come out midfight. I am the other tank, but I have a full DPS set so I just throw that on. With correct execution and I suppose a little bit of luck(to prevent ninja move/swipes) this fight is fairly simple.

My Ops group is geared in Columi/Rakata and we are 10/10 HM for a few weeks now.

So I guess I'm posting to let you know that you dont have to make your tanks respec to down this fight, but I would recommend a group of full Columi geared players. On NiM mode you may need people to respec to make sure you are maxing your DPS.

yeah weve had this on farm for 2 or 3 weeks now on hm you can definitly get away with tanks its just easier with all dps. also suggestion when you go to nightmare just chain cc the adds. gets u alot more time on the boss and makes your healers happier.

yeah weve had this on farm for 2 or 3 weeks now on hm you can definitly get away with tanks its just easier with all dps. also suggestion when you go to nightmare just chain cc the adds. gets u alot more time on the boss and makes your healers happier.

You make a good point with the chain CC. Up to this point we have just had someone with tank gear or spec to OT them while everyone else keeps DPS on boss.