George Lucas and Crew Skills

Slooth

I am currently a 36 Merc BH with 400 slicing/ 300 cybertech and Scavaging. I have an alt with 300ish underworld trading. Should I drop slicing for Treasure hunting?

Oh if you wonder what this has to do with George Lucas..nothing I just wanted you to read it.

Lucas killed SWG so best to remove his name ;)

Lucas generally has nothing to do with the games that are made with the Star Wars name in it other than green lighting it. SOE killed it because they are too damned greedy and ignorant of their surroundings to see that making it free to play might actually get them some more money after a good large portion of the population that cared about the game left for better games.

Lucas generally has nothing to do with the games that are made with the Star Wars name in it other than green lighting it. SOE killed it because they are too damned greedy and ignorant of their surroundings to see that making it free to play might actually get them some more money after a good large portion of the population that cared about the game left for better games.

Actually I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that BioWare's contract to make SWTOR forced SWG to shut down. So there couldn't have been a free version.

Actually I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that BioWare's contract to make SWTOR forced SWG to shut down. So there couldn't have been a free version.

Of course. BioWare wouldn't take on this project without being THE Star Wars MMO. It would be unfair to them having to compete with another one.

Slicing still works as it was always supposed to have worked, as a gathering skill. Go out gather hundred slicing nodes or so and you will make massive 100% pure profit.

It no longer works as a mission skill (well... it does if you do the correct mission sequence, but doesn't give anywhere near the profit it used to).

But it was never meant to work as a full mission skill, the only reason you are supposed to run slicing missions is augments and the occasional rare schismatic.

Which is the way people were exploiting it. Hence the nerf.