Jedi Females more susceptible to Dark Side of the force..

dprijadi

In SWTOR it seems a plethora of incidents that indicates jedi female are more confused and more easily swayed to dark side.. maybe this only in the padawan phase..

what i see in the companion stories like Jaesa and Ashara, they both are not high level jedi but they seem confused and easily swayed to dark side.. havent seen a male jedi potrayed like these though (in SWTOR at least)..

am i the only one that notice this ?

what i see in the companion stories like Jaesa and Ashara, they both are not high level jedi but they seem confused and easily swayed to dark side.. havent seen a male jedi potrayed like these though (in SWTOR at least)..

There are two male Force users among companions, and both have been trained to the Dark Side since birth, so they have nowhere to fall.

Corruptible female apprentices are just a consequence of the fact that every Force-using player class has a sexy yet somehow vulnerable young female padawan. Sith don't even have padawans, but players adopt sexy yet somehow vulnerable young female ones.

The Jedi Knight deals with falling/fallen Knights and padawans of both genders, I think. Can't think of any examples offhand - I'll get back to you. The Sith Warrior attempts to break the will of a number of male Jedi and may succeed, though the consequences don't play out in the questlines.

A few case studies:

COMPANIONS:

Kira's a babe. You can sleep with her. Contrast with Lord Scourge, who will never change his philosophy. Corruption winner: female.

Nadia's a babe. You can sleep with her. Corruption winner: female.

Jaesa's a babe. You can choose a path that will corrupt her, then sleep with her. Corruption winner: female.

Ashara's a babe. You can drag her to your side, then sleep with her. Contrast with the possible spoiler, but the winner is female.

Xalek I know little of, but he's Sith to the core. Winner in this matchup remains female

JEDI KNIGHT

In one of the first Tython quests, when Flesh Raiders attack several padawans, I think it's the male padawan advocating bloody revenge and the female being more inclined to take the wounded and go home. (EDIT: CORRECTION, I'm completely wrong and the woman does the bloodthirsty rage. Winner: female.)

Bengel Morr,

though damned if I remember his details. Winner: male.

Jomar Chul and Leeha Narezz are both in deep trouble, though Jomar seems vulnerable by himself and Leeha got the plot-stick of the Emperor's mind control.

Winner: male.

That former Dark Council member on Quesh melts down and falls.

SITH WARRIOR

All but eight non-party Sith NPCs are male. In the entire game, including people standing in the background. None of those eight women were born Jedi and then corrupted. Winner: male.

You can break a Jedi's will in an Act 1 interlude, leaving him angry, bitter, and broken. However, the total defeat of a female Jedi on Balmorra fails to shake her conviction. Winner: male. I know there's at least one other example of the Warrior's hit-and-run corruption.

Nomen Karr completely melts down into the Dark Side before you ever touch him, but Jaesa has a chance to prevail.

IMPERIAL AGENT

Arden Kothe is a failed Jedi Knight with visible Sith corruption in his skin.

In conclusion, even in roughly 50/50 populations, men do an awful job of staying on the straight and narrow. I think the companion effect gives a close-up but nonrepresentative sample.

Edited by bright_ephemera
spoiler tags, factual correction

satele a bit dark imho..cmost of her coversation is a bit intimidating, threatening and warlike.. i remember seeing jer holo in blacktalon instance threanening or bluffing like she is a dark sith lord

JEDI KNIGHT

In one of the first Tython quests, when Flesh Raiders attack several padawans, I think it's the male padawan advocating bloody revenge and the female being more inclined to take the wounded and go home. Winner: male.

...only not.

Revisionism ftw.

JEDI KNIGHT

In one of the first Tython quests, when Flesh Raiders attack several padawans, I think it's the male padawan advocating bloody revenge and the female being more inclined to take the wounded and go home. Winner: male.

...only not.

Revisionism ftw.

Actually no, reverse. The male Zabrak says that revenge is not in line with Jedi teachings, while the girl says, "Let's get back at them." Winner: Female

Edited by Guildrum

Actually no, reverse. The male Zabrak says that revenge is not in line with Jedi teachings, while the girl says, "Let's get back at them." Winner: Female

Oh, ouch, my mistake. Our older Knights seem to have awfully weak men, but our padawan females are...kinda bloodthirsty, aren't they?

JEDI KNIGHT

...only not.

Revisionism ftw.

More likely simply poor memory.

Overall, I'd say in general there's no real difference in susceptability between male vs female in the game, but they do adhere to a somewhat mysoginistic archetype of the "niave young woman" for Jaesa and Ashara. Nadia and Kira are a little fuzzier depending on the player's opinion of corruption.

More likely simply poor memory.

Overall, I'd say in general there's no real difference in susceptability between male vs female in the game, but they do adhere to a somewhat mysoginistic archetype of the "niave young woman" for Jaesa and Ashara. Nadia and Kira are a little fuzzier depending on the player's opinion of corruption.

Kira is a former street kid and Child of the Emperor with Stih training. She's trying to do good now, but doesn't always agree with LS choices. She's still a work in progress, as far as becoming a full Jedi, and even then, she'll NEVER be the "ideal" Jedi. Imo, she believes that positive emotions are better than no emotion, similar to Revan and my personal Jedi Knight character. Sometimes hard choices have to be made. If those choices get me DS points, then so be it.

i remember that tyhon quest, yes its the female who want revenge..

so it must be the padawan females thats weak, not the masters.. but Jedi Conselour's master (yuon a female) also got weak and insane..

Jaesa Willsaam - Can be made to fall to the Dark Side.

Ashara Zavros - Can't be turned but instead kind of "grey", never gives up calling herself a Jedi.

Nadia Grell - Romanceable, but doesn't fall to the Dark Side (that I know of).

Kira - Romanceable, but doesn't fall to the Dark Side (that I know of).

So of the four female Force-using companions... 1 can be turned for sure, 1 joins with a Dak Sider for her own reasons and never gives up being what she sees as an ideal Jedi, the other two start and stop as Jedi albeit ones that (like their male counterparts... the players) break the rules with a romance.

Heck, the idea of a female character (Ashara) being strong enough to forge her own path despite the twin influences of the Inquisitor on one side (give in to the dark side!!!!!) and the Jedi on the other (be a good girl now) I think is a remarkable needle to thread. I only wish more of her backstory and rationale for joining the SI were explored... it felt rushed and generally unsatisfying.

i remember that tyhon quest, yes its the female who want revenge..

so it must be the padawan females thats weak, not the masters.. but Jedi Conselour's master (yuon a female) also got weak and insane..

I still don't see where this females = evil thing is coming from, throughout the whole history of Star Wars it has almost always been males that leave the order and become Sith/Dark Jedi.

Corruptible female apprentices are just a consequence of the fact that every Force-using player class has a sexy yet somehow vulnerable young female padawan.

Yeah...it seems more of a consequence of their romance system than anything else.

Apparently, all the male force users must be able to influence and bed their female padawan/apprentice for some reason.

Is that a Star Wars thing? :rak_02:

Edited by stuffystuffs

Yeah...it seems more of a consequence of their romance system than anything else.

Apparently, all the male force users must be able to influence and bed their female padawan/apprentice for some reason.

Is that a Star Wars thing? :rak_02:

Despite the best efforts of my Sith Assassin his "togruta arm candy" still refuses to give up being a Jedi or show any desire to fully embrace the power of the Dark Side.

Personally... I'd have to say that Nadia, Ashara, and Kira are all Revanites at their core. It's a playstyle I prefer as well. A grey path.

At least one of these is actually a Sith turned Jedi so you can't count her as falling even if she acts Corrupt unless you start counting all the men that were corrupt when they start off as well.

A Second one is a non-Jedi/Sith Force User trained in a grey path to begin with and only tries to be truely Jedi if you push her in that direction that just happens to join one of the Orders as the story progresses.

And the Third even though she does fall to Corruption still Rejects part of what it means to be a Sith which is what made Revan himself so dangerous an adversary on his own.

As for Yuon. If your going to count her falling. You also have to count her male Counterparts as that story progresses which outnumber her 3 to 1 in falling to the influence of the dark side. You just see it much more in Yuon because you deal with her more closely as it progresses until you free her. Which would mean that it is the Males that are more susceptable in that story arc.