How many tanks for 8 man ops?

I wish they would design 8 mans for two tanks. Respecs, two sets of gear and DPS + tank stims makes me perma-poor :(

It makes absolutely no sense at all to have bosses that are a DPS race where you need all the DPS you can get then bosses that need 2 tanks in the same instance, in a game that has no dual spec.

I just hate the awkward moment after you hit a boss enrage timer and you know its your fault for being undergeared for dps or in tank spec because u needed to tank something earlier in the instance.

If you want the lazy solution akin to the DPS race boss Bioware, just add a stacking debuff ability to some future bosses so they require two tanks that have to swap.

Edited by sol_

Eroex,

Thanks for the good info. I never really know and with out a combat log that armor debuff was just a headache guess we forget it and move on. Our group current 8 man is Main healer full T2 gear, 3 Dps full T2/3 rest are Champ(PvP)/T2

I think we are doing alright but still have some areas to work on and the advise I am getting here helps us get better I am sure.

Yes we seem to have way more tanks and healers then we need to. I know we have focused on keeping only 4 MT's for our 2x8man groups. 1 MT and 1 alternate if MT is not on or can not make it but still gives us 3 more people in the guild(casual) speced has tanks.

Yes the Rakata medpacks and stims are fantastic. I just switched over this last weekend and Pled my Biochem to 400 and have all the tanking Rakata now.

While I have you Eroex any tips on breaking the turrets before Robot boss.

Edited by Rejectoo

Eroex,

Thanks for the good info. I never really know and with out a combat log that armor debuff was just a headache guess we forget it and move on. Our group current 8 man is Main healer full T2 gear, 3 Dps full T2/3 rest are Champ(PvP)/T2

I think we are doing alright but still have some areas to work on and the advise I am getting here helps us get better I am sure.

Yes we seem to have way more tanks and healers then we need to. I know we have focused on keeping only 4 MT's for our 2x8man groups. 1 MT and 1 alternate if MT is not on or can not make it but still gives us 3 more people in the guild(casual) speced has tanks.

Yes the Rakata medpacks and stims are fantastic. I just switched over this last weekend and Pled my Biochem to 400 and have all the tanking Rakata now.

While I have you Eroex any tips on breaking the turrets before Robot boss.

I assume you mean EV?

We just have our DPS tank the first one blow all our cooldowns to kill it, then have out MT taunt the other turret and aoe taunt the adds we AOE down the adds, kill the other turret then AOE down the other adds. The tank is the first one in with sorc shield and his CDs as they start to attack him, so the healers dont have to heal and get turret aggro right off before the tank gets in range to attack them.

sometimes the MT gets a taunt on the first turret and shoots the second, then AOE taunts the adds and AOEs That may help also.

the first turret goes down in a few seconds it only has what 70k health on nightmare? we have 5 DPS 1 tank 2 healers

our comp

1 Powertech tank

1 Powertech DPS (me)

2 Mercenary DPS

2 Marauder DPS

1 Mercenary healer

1 Sorcerer healer

if you are wondering, our Mako's and Galts have some pretty good gear now.

Edited by Eroex