See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!

CourtneyWoods

Why are people getting coins for their DE since they upgraded to CE? You either have one or the other but not both. Regardless if you paid for both you certainly didn't pay as much as CE pre-order owners, as the CE dropped in price considerably since then. This is a fail on Biowares part, if the amounts are correct and as intended.

So if someone got the DDE for 80 at launch price then bought the CE a few months later at 140, they paid more than you did. So they should get more coins? BW can't know what everyone paid post-launch. So take the QQ'ing somewhere else.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must-have? Nothing listed is a must-have.

And when you do put 'must-have' items in the store, forcing me to make a purchase, you will be down one customer.

That being said, when do we get to see a list of what these things will cost, and how much it will cost to get more coins?

Knowing that i have x many coins is useless until i know what i can do with those coins.

indeed

Since, as pointed out, nothing is really MUST have but more want to have, why are people whining about free coins?

They are free, for stuff that's not important, and you are QQing about it?

Seriously you need to go join Secret World or something lol.

well, I am curious about what all will be available and the cost with these cartel coins?? Looking from the numbers if you been subbed since release with the collectors edition you should average around 2500 coins. Either way, we have to wait and see what goes down next month.

I think I'll better ask this in here, on the off chance it gets read by anyone who really knows ;)

The FAQ currently (2012-10-18, 9:50 CEST) states that only players with an active subscription at the start of the F2P option will gain access to their accumulated coins. Does that mean anyone without one at that single point in time is out of luck, or will it be enough to subscribe, even for only one month, at any point after the launch?

I think I'll better ask this in here, on the off chance it gets read by anyone who really knows ;)

The FAQ currently (2012-10-18, 9:50 CEST) states that only players with an active subscription at the start of the F2P option will gain access to their accumulated coins. Does that mean anyone without one at that single point in time is out of luck, or will it be enough to subscribe, even for only one month, at any point after the launch?

Probably out of luck... this is EA. And it also bothers me with the ad on the patcher, "You've Been Rewarded Cartel Coins!" which we havent actually... since the fine print on the site faq (not in plain view anywhere) says if our sub has lapsed on that magic day of f2p conversion we are basically SoL.

Edited by Polebreaker

Probably out of luck... this is EA.

That's my fear, and that's why I'm asking. They already made massive changes to the restrictions and made them look like a somewhat acceptable f2p model (some of the restrictions like the number of warzone matches still seem a little too tight though), so I hope it's not beyond them to be a bit lenient on that point.

Good to see that I could possibly have "FULL ACCESS" to "DEATH" if I pay some money...

Are people STILL complaining about this? F2P'ers have infinate "return to medcenter" or what have you, it is the probe droid on spot that is limited unless you unlock that.

Edited by Eillack

:)

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce a new Cartel Coin Ledger page on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. This new web page is located on the left hand navigation bar within the “My Account” section. It gives you a detailed list of all the Complimentary Cartel Coins you could potentially receive at the launch of the Free-to-Play option!

Read more

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/community/images/swtor/smilies/smile.png

Subscriber Reward: 200 Cartel Coins 200

Subscriber Reward: 150 Cartel Coins 150

Collector's Edition Purchase Reward: 1000

See, this is what I am wondering about... I was here for the early start, have been on a 6 month sub since launch, but I am only showing six months at 150 coins.

I would like to see someone official explain why some people are being given 150 extra coins for a month that other people, here from the very beginning, aren't getting credit for.

Edited by Mithros

See, this is what I am wondering about... I was here for the early start, have been on a 6 month sub since launch, but I am only showing six months at 150 coins.

I would like to see someone official explain why some people are being given 150 extra coins for a month that other people, here from the very beginning, aren't getting credit for.

I also only show 6 x the 150 coins, looking at my account payment history I show no payment for May this was because back in April if you had a lvl 50 character you received a free month.

so if those that show 7 x 150 coins could confirm that they indeed paid for May.

cause this is the only thing I can see for the difference.

But thin that bring up why punish those you once rewarded?

Personally I found the information about how many CC I got rather uninteresting without knowing how much things are going to cost.

What worries me, though, is the stratification of the community that's going to happen. Some of the restrictions will have severe implications on the gameplay.

Limiting crew skills to one per character will reduce the amount of materials and crafted items relative to the amount of players on a server. That is, if existing players stay subscribed and the overall playerbase is, say..., doubled. If a large enough percentage of subscribers go over to F2P, the shortage will be even worse. Inflation ensues. People start going to external sources for the needed credits (Yo, dawg. We heard u liek gold spammers...).

Another problem lies in restricting the use of purple quality gear. This essentially turns SWTOR into a "Pay to Win" type of game. Again, a major differentiation between paying and non-paying players.

The purpose of the conversion to the F2P model was to attract new players and entice former subscribers back to the game. However, if the player base is seperated into "elite subscriber master race" and "dirty freeloading nerfherders", chances are that new players attracted by the F2P model aren't going to bother getting into the game.

The F2P model won't affect me much. I'll probably burn 1-2 cards a year, so I can see new content and polish off the rest of my alts' stories. I haven't seen much of the shop items, and none of it is needed. So... Coins? Meh.