Loot Toggle and Gear Drops

EricMusco

Another week; another odd drop set.

iLevel 306, Sharpshooter Gunslinger; loot disciple set specifically for Sharpshooter

Kephess HM kill; personal loot contains 306 versatile hilt; and 2 full 306 moddable non-Setbonus armors.

Renown crate opened; contained a 302 hilt as well

Edited by Kerdor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another week; another odd drop set.

iLevel 306, Sharpshooter Gunslinger; loot disciple set specifically for Sharpshooter

Kephess HM kill; personal loot contains 306 versatile hilt; and 2 full 306 moddable non-Setbonus armors.

Renown crate opened; contained a 302 hilt as well

Based on the stated rules, as long as they are DPS hilts, that isn't a bug.... not saying it's a good rule, but yeah. there are no guaranteed drops from bosses anymore either (which sucks, making OPs a horrible for rewards, despite being harder and taking longer)

My Twi'lek Gunslinger almost exclusively gets Jedi armor and Sith armor - looking like it, and having values like it. Almost never with precision, but almost always with Alacrity (or how it is spelled).

I bet my Twi'lek Sage gets Smuggler armor instead ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

My Twi'lek Gunslinger almost exclusively gets Jedi armor and Sith armor - looking like it, and having values like it. Almost never with precision, but almost always with Alacrity (or how it is spelled).

I bet my Twi'lek Sage gets Smuggler armor instead ...

do you mean accuracy? precision is not a stat in this game...

but one thing is certain:

you get either a generic set item (usable by ALL classes) or a smuggler/gunslinger item but NEVER jedi/sith CLASS set items as a smuggler

there are a couple of loot/gear drops bugs, issues and design flaws but that is not one of them - so maybe you could write down precisely what dropped where for whom, like Eric asked:

class:

level:

iRating:

loot discipline:

where did the loot drop:

what exactly dropped:

BUT if you are referring to the LOOK of the sets - it could indeed be argued that at least the generic sets kinda look like something a force user would wear, rather than a gunslinger.

Based on the stated rules, as long as they are DPS hilts, that isn't a bug.... not saying it's a good rule, but yeah. there are no guaranteed drops from bosses anymore either (which sucks, making OPs a horrible for rewards, despite being harder and taking longer)

A simple change to the loot table to say no hilts for for non hilt classes is all it would take. For the life of me I can’t understand why that isn’t already a thing. The same as I’m only getting defence and shield drops off bosses for my merc (pre lvl 71).

I know that’s not a bug as it’s been a “feature” for far too long. But seriously how hard can that be to fix in the loot table. Even as a tank, you can use most dps gear, but as a non tank on a class that doesn’t even have a tanks spec available, it’s completely useless.

If they can’t easily change the loot table to identify each spec below lvl 71, at least switch the loot drops to just drop dps gear or better yet, drop boxes to choose from like we have for earlier heroic rewards.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Putting on my prognostication hat...

December's patch may address stuff like merc's getting generator offhands and a few oddities such as that (e.g. items that cannot be equipped by a class at all).

December's patch might (though very, very doubtful) address getting sets which buff abilities only available to a discipline while that discipline is not currently selected for loot (e.g. getting a set which buffs an ability only available to the healing discipline while loot set to dps discipline).

December's patch will not address getting somewhat generic class sets which are clearly designed for tank or healing roles, but provide more generic benefits and / or buff abilities tied to the base class (e.g. getting the set which boots endurance and provides DR after using overload as a dps assassin).

December's patch will not address the loot table set distribution where some class / disciplines have easy to obtain sets which are available on vendors and / or heavily weighted to drop in weekly reward boxes while others have difficult to obtain sets that are not on vendors, only available through crafting with randomly available schematic, or are set as random drops in narrowly specific content (e.g. new FP / new Op).

December's patch will NOT address pre-75 drops, which seem to be heavily weighted to left side slots, and further weighted towards tank stat versions.

And of course for those who have not been here a while - December's patch is certainly not going to change the chance of getting junk itemization and junk modifications (e.g. high endurance mods, stats you don't want / need on enhancements, etc).

Edited by DawnAskham

https://imgur.com/gallery/rk0gcJ3

Here is demonstration from today of how the iRated system isn’t working as you described it should.

Battle of Rishi

Sniper

IRated 306, as you can see from the picture.

The drops from the 3 bosses consisted of 290, 292, 296, 298, 300 & the highest 302.

Each line on gear going down in the collage picture is 290 to 302 respectively. As you can see, I got the most of 292 and 298 gear.

I did not get one 304 or 306 iRated piece. And 290?? You can’t tell me that it’s not broken or working as intended.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Another week and another bad conquest drop :mad: (as if it’s not hard enough for small guilds as it is)

Arsenal Merc (dps)

Toggled loot is Arsenal Merc

Tech medic’s gauntlets (this is healing specific)

Conquest crate

Edit: posted this one for my wife

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Second Merc today with non useful conquest drop. This one is even worse because it’s a generator

Arsenal Merc

Toggled to Arsenal (not that it makes any difference)

Onderonian Boltblaster’s Generator (which a Merc can’t even use :mad:)

Conquest crate

Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous. Conquest is tough for some small guilds and it’s a lot of hard work. So when all your hard work is for naught because of this bugged system, it makes you want to stop playing altogether.

I think we’ve been patient enough. It took 5 weeks for you to even acknowledge this was a bug and now you’ve gone quiet again.

Can we please have an update on the time frame for it to be fixed?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I have 13 characters I play on, 12 of them DPS. All of them receive either tank or healing bonus gear via their weekly, Ops, etc. boxes, in spite of all being set to their appropriate discipline. It's gotten to the point of it being ridiculous, and it's just way too much to keep up with. It really does need to be addressed. I'd estimate a good 60 or 70% of what I get on my DPS characters are Healing bonus pieces, with Tank pieces mixed in and then very rarely DPS pieces mixed in. Most of my DPS sets I've had to purchase on my own with frags because of it.

FIX THIS.

I have 13 characters I play on, 12 of them DPS. All of them receive either tank or healing bonus gear via their weekly, Ops, etc. boxes, in spite of all being set to their appropriate discipline. It's gotten to the point of it being ridiculous, and it's just way too much to keep up with. It really does need to be addressed. I'd estimate a good 60 or 70% of what I get on my DPS characters are Healing bonus pieces, with Tank pieces mixed in and then very rarely DPS pieces mixed in. Most of my DPS sets I've had to purchase on my own with frags because of it.

FIX THIS.

Just to clarify, you mean set pieces and not mod drops etc. ?

Just to clarify, you mean set pieces and not mod drops etc. ?

Yes, I mean set pieces. If I'm not getting generic set pieces (The Victor, etc.) I am more often than not pulling Medic gear, and I have no idea why. I have absolutely no desire to play a medic. If a player chooses a DPS discipline then they should be getting RNG loot from a DPS pool--DPS mods, armoring, enhancements, the occasional set piece, etc. My 75 Warrior and Sentinel--both set to Fury and its respective counterpart--randomly get tank set pieces with dps mods in them. Just--why? Why can't this be fixed? I understand they want us to grind, grind, grind for content but good grief.

Yes, I mean set pieces. If I'm not getting generic set pieces (The Victor, etc.) I am more often than not pulling Medic gear, and I have no idea why. I have absolutely no desire to play a medic. If a player chooses a DPS discipline then they should be getting RNG loot from a DPS pool--DPS mods, armoring, enhancements, the occasional set piece, etc. My 75 Warrior and Sentinel--both set to Fury and its respective counterpart--randomly get tank set pieces with dps mods in them. Just--why? Why can't this be fixed? I understand they want us to grind, grind, grind for content but good grief.

I don’t disagree at all. As you can see from all my feed back posts. But as long as you aren’t getting defensive/ shield mods, enhancements, ear and implants, that part of the system is working as intended. Even if the armoring stats, etc, would be better suited to tank specs.

But as you rightly point out. You are getting tank set pieces with dps gear inside. And that’s the bug with the whole system.

If they can stop us getting the shield and defensive mods, etc, then there is absolutely ZERO reason they can’t stop us getting dedicated tank sets for dps, etc.

Another flash point and another wrong tactical

Your class role and spec?

Juggernaut Rage (DPS)

Your toggled role (if different)?

Tried using the "current setting" toggle

Current item rating?

iRating 306

Where did you receive the item?

“Illum” Master Mode Flash point (FYI, did not get one 306 item in the whole flash point)

Exactly what item did you receive?

Ancient Tome of Wrath (tanking tactical)

———————————————————————————————————

My wife and I also have multiple of those exact tactical’s and have multiple preservers set bonus gear dropped from our Deception Assassin’s. We are now deconstructing it as it useless to us. We are at the point of not even bothering to play anymore.

———————————————————————————————————

Eric, do you need us to keep posting these bugs, or do you now have enough evidence and feed back to fix them???

Just want to know so I can stop posting if you have enough (this is getting tiresome) or do I need to keep posting each time this happens??

I would appreciate if you would reply.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey folks,

I have seen quite a few posts since Onslaught launched regarding intended loot drops for characters, especially as it relates to the loot toggle. First, let me do a quick recap on exactly how loot is determined for your character (or the selected toggle) and then I have some specific details I will need for anyone experiencing “bugged” loot drops. For the remainder of this post anytime I refer to you, your spec, etc I am always referring to either what your current Advanced Class and Discipline are, or the role you have selected, as the behavior is the same based on either.

• Stats – One thing that may not be clear about stats is that they effectively fall into two buckets, tank and non-tank. Tanks will receive their respective stats (Defense, Absorb, etc). Healers and DPS stats are mostly similar so they are in the same bucket currently.
  • Set Bonuses and Tacticals – These are quite a bit more simple than stats as these should always drop for your current character and should always drop items usable in that spec. Keep in mind that usable by your spec means base class and general sets also. Ex: You are a madness sorc, it is intended that the system could drop an Inquisitor set for you (even if that specific set may seem more useful for a healer, it is a base class set usable by all Inquisitors)

Now, the place that things get a little complicated is that although the game targets drops specifically for your character there is one situation where it doesn’t and that is anything that counts as a world drop. The most likely place this would happen is on any non-boss NPC kill (there is a very small chance that bosses can drop a world drop as an extra drop). Every other place you get loot; boss kills, Renown Crates, Conquest Crates, Missions Reward crates (such as from PvP or Heorics) will all always drop loot specifically for you. This means that it is possible to get items not for your spec, but that only happens from the rarest place those items drop (standard world drops).

If you are receiving an off-spec item based on the information above, that is likely a bug. With that in mind, here is the information I need to help the team investigate the issue:

• Your class role and spec?
  • Your toggled role (if different)?
  • Current item rating?
  • Where did you receive the item?
  • Exactly what item did you receive?

Please be as specific as possible when providing the above details and thank you in advance for the information. I am already grabbing this information from the other relevant threads where these details are provided, just want to get it one place for investigation.

-eric

The biggest example that comes to mind is my lightening sorcerer has a full set of healing gear (6 piece), and half of a second set of a different healing set already (both for inquisitor/consular class). And, not a single dps 6 piece set drop even though 8 of my 9 characters are dps! I believe almost all of them came from conquest reward boxes (maybe an onderon box and a pvp weekly box or three as well...can't remember) from both my lightening sorcerer and my jedi Infiltration shadow (which doesn't even have a healing spec but gets consular healing gear nevertheless).

My gunnery trooper has almost a full 6 piece set of healing gear as well....but not a single 6 piece dps set piece.

They all come from reward boxes...mostly conquest, but occassionally the onderon weekly box, or pvp weekly box. The fp and story ops drops seem to only give generic or 4 pieces sets (except The Victor set of which I have 4 fulls sets already).

It would be really nice if reward boxes all dropped (mostly) 6 piece sets that adhere to our preferences. I mean I read somewhere that purchasing set pieces with tech frags was not supposed to be the main way of getting a 6 piece set to use. But it is really the ONLY way to get it today. Most of what drops (fp's or reward boxes) isn't that useful, isn't what we want, and almost never adheres to our preference gear selection; ....fp's dropping generic crap, and reward boxes dropping gear for other specs (and generic gear). To actually get the best 6 piece set for our spec, you have to buy them with tech frags (all of them!).

In fact out of all the gear I have gotten (from anywhere), the only set piece that that dropped from conquest boxes that I actually wanted was a chestpiece for my sniper (precision targeter's). Unfortunately, I had already bought that piece with tech frags, so even the one set piece that I wanted (out of literally dozens that dropped) was useless.

Oh, and you asked for our gear level. All my 9 toons are 306 and have been for a while now. Also, I guess since I don't like any of the tanking gear for Juggs, I guess you could say I got about 4 pieces of The Final Breath set for him to drop from reward boxes (all conquest I think) and from multiple characters (I don't remember which dropped for which character sorry). And, so I just bought him the 2 missing pieces to give him a "tanking" set. But honestly a set that doesn't give any bonuses until you are below half health isn't that useful. But it is one of the few 6 piece set items that occasionally drop from reward boxes (I don't use this character, so none of them could have dropped from fp's, and I don't remember getting any pieces of this set dropping for the characters I do run fp's with....so they all must have come from reward boxes). But I do distinctly remember buying only 2 pieces of the set for him...and only because I had most of the set.

Anyway, if you guy's intention was to have the BiS gear actually drop for us (in reward boxes, fp's, etc.) for our class and our spec/preference, you have failed. It has literally only happened once for me. And, I run 9 characters for large conquest every week, 2-3 through the pvp weekly (unranked) most weeks, do heroic weeklies on 3-4 characters (onderon), and have run the **** out of red reaper (vet and MM). So, if any of those are supposed to drop BiS gear pieces for our spec, I can confirm with confidence that they don't.

Edited by aristein

306 iLevel Balance Sage; specifically set to Balance in loot discipline.

Opened Medium Conquest Equipment Crate

2 Separate Empowered Restorer's Set Bonus Pieces dropped. (Boots/Robe btw)

------------------------

306 iLevel Gunnery Commando; specifically set to Gunnery in loot discipline

Opened Medium Conquest Equipment Crate

Tech Medic boots dropped

What is the point of specifying a loot discipline when drops are far too often for the wrong spec and more specifically PLAY STYLE? If I wanted to heal; i'd do so; not because gear drops are hinting at it.

DPS - Gunnery Commando

Gunnery

Current item rating?

Small Conquest Equipment Crate

Tech Medic's Boots (This is the third copy of this item I have received from conquest crates on dps specced and toggled commando/merc mirrors)

Deception Assassin

N/A

Current item rating?

254 (was a bit lower at the time of receiving the items)

Flashpoints on Shadow of Reven

Battle of Rishi & Torch's Flame

1) Masterwork Ancient Survivor Gloves

2) Masterwork Ancient Bastion Package

This was a few days ago. I have still had a few tank spec gear drop for me from KOTFE also but not Masterwork gear.

Healer, Seer Sage

Your toggled role?

Seer

Current item rating?

The Nikto Tech Frag gear vendor in Supplies section on Fleet

Accuracy enhancements. Dropped more than Alacrity. A lot more. I do not need Accuracy as a healer. Waste of tech frags.

Healer, Seer Sage

Your toggled role?

Seer

Current item rating?

The Nikto Tech Frag gear vendor in Supplies section on Fleet

Accuracy enhancements. Dropped more than Alacrity. A lot more. I do not need Accuracy as a healer. Waste of tech frags.

Unfortunately that is not a bug and is working as intended. But I do know it is a pain in the arse and I feel for you.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Not sure if I’m supposed to keep reporting instances of this bug because Musco won’t reply and tell us. It’s now been 4 weeks since you created this thread and you’ve gone afk again.

I can say it’s certainly not fixed.

Lightning Sorc (DPS)

Tried using the "current setting" toggle

Current item rating?

iRating 306

”Personal small conquest equipment crate

Revitalized Mystic’s Gloves (these are healing specs for the bonus because Lightning doesn’t have innervate as an ability. Therefore this is 100% a bug to get this on a dps Sorc)

Eric, I’ve tried to be polite and patient. But I’m at the end of my tether and so are a bunch of other people.

Why was this not fixed for 6.0.2 or 6.0.2a???

When will this be fixed?

If it’s too hard, just tell us.

The silence on your part is what pisses everyone off because we are left in limbo to guess if you will ever fix it. That’s not a good way to feel and encourages people to stop paying for a sub.

Probably why people have stopped reporting the bug because they’ve left already.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

this prolonged silence really feels kinda awkward ...

to sum things up:

- there are some bugs indeed (you do get set pieces/tacticals that you CANNOT equip with your advanced class)

- to add to that: the cosen loot discipline is obsolete when it comes to specific gear piece drops because:

- the source always overtrumps loot discipline (aka a dps sage will NEVER get a dps set piece out of a conquest crate because the source for both dps sets is operation bosses - which is by all means no bug but a major design flaw/oversight!)

worst case: nothing will happen

2nd worst case: they will bandaid-fix it aka for example the sage dilemma: they'll just eliminate the drops of the revitalized mystic set pieces from CQ crates so now you will only get the empowered restorer because DUH you have benevolance as a dps sage :( ...

my wish and best case for me would be:

they eliminate the source thing altogether so that now - depending on your cosen loot discipline - you'll have a higher chance for an appropriate set piece/tactical to drop from ANY crate/boss - aka play your way >.>