world pvp Ilum in january? do u know?

LUCASCASADEIS

i heard it's coming with a new event but i want to know!

The engine's still as ****ed up as ever when large groups of people are in the same area. If BW can manage to fix that, Ilum will be spectacular.

As long as it takes...

actually they said they want to do that and a ilum no lag

I don't doubt that BW would like to have a functional Ilum, it would be a great addition to the game. I'm only skeptical the engine can be altered to such an extent so soon, with all the staffing changes they've gone through this year.

If they pull it off, great. :)

Edited by arunav

I can't remember exactly but didn't say this was going to be more of an event rather than a full-time fix. It was something like a ship crash lands on Ilum so there will be a quest forcing users into pvp zones.

If that's the case, it will be really disappointing. I think a lot of folks interpreted what was said as Ilum is going to be functionally relaunched, and an event would also take place there at that time.

If not there, perhaps there is something in the works for open world PvP on Makeb?

What is the PvP team doing if not working on expanding the the current system somehow?

If that's the case, it will be really disappointing. I think a lot of folks interpreted what was said as Ilum is going to be functionally relaunched, and an event would also take place there at that time.

If not there, perhaps there is something in the works for open world PvP on Makeb?

What is the PvP team doing if not working on expanding the the current system somehow?

What are they working on you say???How about a roller coaster ride of class changes and an astonishing pace of one new warzone a year...AND 3 different types of gear grinds AND one new set of PvP gear.

What are they working on brah...lots of things man, they are working on lots of things.

What are they working on you say???How about a roller coaster ride of class changes and an astonishing pace of one new warzone a year...AND 3 different types of gear grinds AND one new set of PvP gear.

What are they working on brah...lots of things man, they are working on lots of things.

Truth....

They are planning on dropping content every 6 weeks. They understand where the mistakes were made it seems, only time will tell but I'm once again becoming slightly optimistic about the future of this game.

Truth....

They are planning on dropping content every 6 weeks. They understand where the mistakes were made it seems, only time will tell but I'm once again becoming slightly optimistic about the future of this game.

Information about content will be stealth removed just like cross server queues.

Truth....

LOL! Good luck with that promise. They may drop something every 6 weeks, but I promise that you won't ever see more than 2 WZ's in a year.

As for the event in January, I believe it was mentioned in a video interview and it was kinda an 'aside' type comment, not something focused on Ilum. He had talked about "aliens" crash landing on Ilum to start the event.

They've been very open about cross server queue's since damn near launch.

The PvP queue window said cross server queues soon™ and was then stealth removed a few months into 1.3. That lead at least me to believe they actually were working on it and that it actually would arrive before the end of the year.

LOL! Good luck with that promise. They may drop something every 6 weeks, but I promise that you won't ever see more than 2 WZ's in a year.

As for the event in January, I believe it was mentioned in a video interview and it was kinda an 'aside' type comment, not something focused on Ilum. He had talked about "aliens" crash landing on Ilum to start the event.

It's definitely a big promise but in that last developer discussion thing or w/e you wanna call it he talked about the major problem being that we are consuming content faster than they have been creating and one of their top goals is to counter that with lots of new content. It's just nice to see that someone high up recognizes the problem. It gives me hope.

While I would be surprised to see more than 2 war zones next year... I would be OK with 2 a year. Giving us a rotation of 7 war zones instead of 5. (I'm including the new one since it drops before years end) isn't so bad. And I'm assuming a lot of the new content will be events... and I'm OK with that too. It creates world PvP and that's what many of us are craving. The most open world PvP I've had was during events and between a new event say... for 2-3 weeks every 2-3 months to give us something more while q'd for 7 different war zones... I'll stay subbed.

Just the recognition of some of the problems and a newly motivated team which is giving us 2 major patches in the next 2 months is lifting my optimism again.

Only time will tell.

It's definitely a big promise but in that last developer discussion thing or w/e you wanna call it he talked about the major problem being that we are consuming content faster than they have been creating and one of their top goals is to counter that with lots of new content. It's just nice to see that someone high up recognizes the problem. It gives me hope.

While I would be surprised to see more than 2 war zones next year... I would be OK with 2 a year. Giving us a rotation of 7 war zones instead of 5. (I'm including the new one since it drops before years end) isn't so bad. And I'm assuming a lot of the new content will be events... and I'm OK with that too. It creates world PvP and that's what many of us are craving. The most open world PvP I've had was during events and between a new event say... for 2-3 weeks every 2-3 months to give us something more while q'd for 7 different war zones... I'll stay subbed.

Just the recognition of some of the problems and a newly motivated team which is giving us 2 major patches in the next 2 months is lifting my optimism again.

Only time will tell.

I have hope too. I just wish we had those 7 WZ's yesterday. The staleness of 4 is killing me.

Ya know what, they should totally pull a Call of Duty and release 4 BRAND NEW MAPS...NIGHT VERSIONS!!! Whoa...wild huh?! ;)

The PvP queue window said cross server queues soon™ and was then stealth removed a few months into 1.3. That lead at least me to believe they actually were working on it and that it actually would arrive before the end of the year.

Really? Is there a SS of that somewhere?

As far as official statements, I haven't seen any commitment toward cross-server queues besides it being a possible option.

ESO, 3 faction world pvp...gonna be sick.

Please. No. For that games sake, stop the hype train for unreleased MMOs. People were hyping up GW2's WvWvW, but now that it has been released, it seems people are already moved on to set unrealistic expectations for the next big upcoming MMO :(

Edited by Antipodes

Really? Is there a SS of that somewhere?

As far as official statements, I haven't seen any commitment toward cross-server queues besides it being a possible option.

Figures I should have taken a screenshot of that. I believe it was tied in with the season 1 soon text. I remember being quite upset when a patch removed that text. Btw went through all my old screenshots in case I might have capped it. So much nostalgia. Full fleet instances and 40-60 people online in my guild at all times.