Gear & Armormech Question

-psychonaut-

Hello I'm a new player and I was wondering about crafting (armormech) and orange moddable gear. Lets say you have a full set of orange gear - would being a armormech still benefit you? I ask because it seems like once you have that orange gear all you need is mods to maintain its value rather than just replacing it with something else. I'm about 265 in armormech right now and I don't want to continue on if I'm better off just crafting mods instead.

yeah armourmech creates new armour, so if youve found yourself a set of orange that you want to keep, then its pretty much pointless staying as it.

going cybertech is better, especially if you plan on making alts, you can get low level orange gear and keep modding and updating regularly.

the only benefit of armourmech if when you get to 400/400. you can create rakata wrists/waist which are the 2nd best PvE ones in the game.

with 1.3 you can reverse engineer and get materials to make augmentation kits, which can make you a bit of profit, but by the time you are 400/400 the price will of dropped so profit margins will be slim IMO.

Basically, for the way i play alts etc armourmech is pointless.

Armormech makes what it makes.

If you do not think that it has anything left to offer you, then switch to something else.

Most skills are built the same way, though.

Only biochem and, to a lesser extent, cybertech are designed to give you ongoing benefits (the ability to make one or more consumable items useful at endgame).

Run Armormech alongside Scavenging and Slicing, and you can make lot of Augments and Augmentation Kit MK-6, which will pretty much be in constant high demand for quite a while. So yeah, if you have the time and credits to put into it, it can be useful.

I've become rich from Armormech and this was before 1.3

Also, instead of moddable oranges i use blue and purple armor from RE'ing.

I've sold blue and purples for thousands and thousands of dollars and always had the top gear for my level.

Armormech creates ALL your armor - no need for oranges - then sell the blues or purples on the GTN and rake in the cash - -

Last poster is right that actually it doesn't really matter while levelling. Crafting a non-upgradable chest piece to purple is not going to be much different to orange fitted with pruple upgrades, you'll be making new pieces as armormech rather than new upgrades as a cyber.

Take into account you only have to RE the one piece as armormech, as cyber you'll have to RE armouring and mods separately and even then, you'll need to find enhancements (artifcer).

I have both between my characters, my opinion is - if you're levelling an alt, a 400 cyber is very useful in keeping the alt geared via upgrading orange gear, if you're levelling a main, stay with armormech.