Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

WHAT THE FORK?! Are you kidding me?!

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

BW needs to fix this crap.

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

Take care of both BW! Your current system is horse crap.

literally this entire post is incorrect.

im not gonna bother with your crap about the premades...

what do u think will happen when you start punishing people for rage quitting? ill tell u... they will stop rage quitting... then they will sit at your objective point and "defend".

so i ask you... which is worse, someone who rage quits? or someone who gives up and still holds a spot on your team?

ill go on record saying EVERY player that rage quits a WZ is a noob and your team is better off without them.

most of the games where iv seen several people rage quit have been wins because the people who stay know how to turn the fight around and the people who join are willing to actually PVP.

to the rest of the people who "defend" when they decide to give up... you are just as bad as the rage quitter, if not worse.

Is it poor sportsmanship to join a premade, or poor sportsmanship to cry about losing to one?

I CBA to read this drivel.

People have to practise teamplay anywhere, doing it in the ranked warzones leaves not mutch room to practise and ruins the stats.

Yeah, why are valor90 EWH premades in the pug zones, idk, thats above me, but thats the WZ i wish i could just cancel but never did. Nevertheless, if you cannot win the game, then you may eventually win the fight. A lot to learn out of that, even if it tends to be frustrating, but still ...

It still is poor sportmanship to ragequit over a better opponent team.

I don't rage quit. I quit warzones when it is simply pointless to carry on. There should be no penalty for quitters simple as.

The whole concept of warzones is crap and adds to poor pvp in all mmos. Open world pvp is the alpha and omega and shows who the real talented pvpers are. BW need to implement swg style rewards for open world pvp rather than pandering to noobs who truly think wz are the way forward.

Yes it's great to be in a guild roflstomping pugs but I guarantee they wouldn't know the first thing about open world pvp.

dufox has the /thread argument.

Quitters are rubbish, yes, and I've been in loads of warzones that turned around after ragequitters took their inflated sense of their own adequacy out of the way. If a warzone's a bad loss, then at least it's over quick and you can pick up your comms at the door before trying again in a minute or two. Quitting to try and pick up only winning warzones is an ineffective strategy for collecting xp/valour/comms, but some people's ego gets all inflamed if they're on the losing side, so they convince themselves it's a reasonable action.

However, as soon as you come up with a punishment harsh enough to stop people quitting, all you've done is come up with a way to make them afk in the warzone. The result is that those still making an effort are punished worse, because there's no chance of a replacement who isn't deadweight coming in.

It *may* be possible to come up with a way of motivating the lazy/cowardly/entitled/ragey types to keep fighting instead of quitting that doesn't simply make them afk. I haven't seen it yet. If you can come up with it, then great work, but that's the test it has to pass. Until then, the imperfect world of letting quitters quit and replacing them is the best option for those who want to play.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Punishment for choosing to leave a pointless warzone when ŷou are a paying subscriber? Get over yourself.

I guarantee you naysayers have all quit warzones. Stop spouting crap.

No sir, ive not left a warzone, except one time when my lil son woke up late night.

Warzones are NEVER pointless, PvP is some kind of a sports game where ballz collide ^^

You are not a paying subscriber in a WZ, you are just a player. If you leave, i'd take it as that ...

Until you pay my sub I will play as I see fit as do my guild.

Ofcause i understand that, its all about fun.

But why participating in PvP at all, when you consider leaving an option ?

You wont learn anything out of such a behavior.

Ofcause i understand that, its all about fun.

But why participating in PvP at all, when you consider leaving an option ?

You wont learn anything out of such a behavior.

Ok I'll bite. I leave when über elites won't target healers, more interested in fighting tanks than getting the ball in the abortion that is huttball; when in alderaan you get an idiot who consistently goes to a turret single handed when our team has two already and we end up losing one as a result of being overwhelmed; noobs trying to cap the furthest node from our spawn on denova at the expense of losing the ones we already have; not trying to cap doors in voidstar,or the opposite faction capping all three doors in less than 2 minutes and you spend most of the time in the spawn because you get rolled as you're the only mug who tries to stop a team capping.

My time is precious and I won't waste it on lolwz

Edited by BoDiE

I just TOR and have not participated in pvp yet, but im looking forward to it, my last 3 years in SWG i only logged on to pvp and i enjoyed it until the time when the servers went almost empty.

Now ive lurked in the forums for a bit and im a bit confused, are people really up in arms against people who group up and communicate togheter? Isn't that kind of the best part of pvp, to fight in an organised group where every member knows their role and all of the people work towards achieving clearly defined goals?

Problem is that game puts solo queuers against these groups way too often. Premade vs Solo queuers is almost 100% certain crushing win for Premade that plays well together.

Some poster said that the game needs to be fun, but in my opinion fun has many layers to it, the most fun that i have ever had in pvp is when the eventual victory has come with alot of organising, planning, team building and effective leadership.

I dont think you need very much planning, ledaership and organizing to walk over solo players team, build decent team from you frieds that you know and youre ready to make soloers cry. Of course I could be wrong, but almost all matches are same in lv 50 for me, opponent walks all over us.

The impression i get reading these forums about pvp in this game, is that most people want a more quicker, easier and shallower pvp, which in itself is not wrong, its totally fine to get your quick fix by just jumping in and out with people you don't know and maybe will not see ever again, but that kind of pvp is not for me.

Quicker, easier and shallower PVP can be achived already. Get 3 friends who are decent players and can play as team and form premade.

Putting in effort to do something better should be rewarded, it pushes others to become better aswell, so in my mind disorganised group losing to organised groups should be the norm and its the first time i have ever seen an argument about something like this.

Hard to achive when team changes in every wz and theres not always even 1 healer, better matchmaking might help.

Or maybe im getting the wrong impression, since like i said i just started with this game and havent had the chance to check out the pvp firsthand.

My impression of lv 50 PVP might not be right either, it was long time ago when I stopped playing lv 50 wz. Short while ago I tried 2 matches with my tank, results were 100%-0% loss in Novare and 5-1 loss in huttball.

I myself dont mind that PVP is what it is, I found my solution and it was under 50 wz, there winning % is somewhere near 20-30 and its fine with me. To be honest I cant even confirm that I lose at 50 because premades, I usually dont care who is in other side. But you dont have to be Nostradamus to foresee what will happen to server population when new players hit 50 and want to play lv 50 wz and if that happens there might not be even under 50 lv wz for me to play anymore.

I think I see both sides of the issue here:

On one side, it -is- unsportsmanlike to drop out of a warzone, especially if it's due to "Ew... we got 2 recruits!" It is something I rarely do, though I will not lie there have been times where, after the first few minutes I just do not have patience nor drive to deal with fail-tastic teams (<.< you know who you are). However, I would say those are my "Unsporting" moods, and as a human I get those.

On the other side, I do not think people should have to be forced to play something they don't like -as long as- they are willing to accept the penalty for quitting (which is no rewards for the warzone, lost time, and having to wait for the next queue.) As others have mentioned, people will quit/give up... and if you increase the penalty all they will do is sit and "defend" or afk somewhere, gimping you 1 player.

^ and before anyone tries to use this in one of the other threads I'm active in, please note this doesn't apply to dodging ranked queue's, because you are not accepting the penalty for quitting. You take a minor hit to your rating, and then fight the opponents you wanted to fight, which is just selfish. The same applies for the premade vs. pug argument, as most are arguing against having a penalty for their choices (The penalty being losing for choosing not to group up, use tools available to you, and truly try to be competitive)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side not, curious tale:

After a long streak of terrible teams (when usually I do just fine with a 50/50 win/lose while pugging) I finally decided I was going to defend our node rather than fling myself at the enemy only to be unsupported or have my team mates just plain flat ignore healers and get wiped in seconds. (Or when I would head to steal a node, I'd get a non-stealther or 2 following me, soon followed by the main enemy mob.)

When told by the two guarding (both in the same guild) to go mid, I confess I told them "Nope, not doing it. Tired of terrible teams, I'm going to guard.)

They wandered off, and when someone came to the node I called it out. "One on Snow." No one came to help. A second showed up, and then a third, and finally a fourth. I called no less than 4 times. My team took an enemy node, and about 20 seconds later I finally died and the enemy took ours. I asked "Wth?" in chat, and was promptly ridiculed "I thought you said you were -defending.-"

Long story short, some kids got upset I told them they were bad, and so they threw the match to spite me while at the same time shooting themselves in the foot (and felt achieve at 7 of them taking the other node from 2-3 defenders while I tied up 4 attackers). With the level of maturity and plain flat skilless players, I think we have bigger problems than wz's quitters.

Ok I'll bite. I leave when über elites won't target healers, more interested in fighting tanks than getting the ball in the abortion that is huttball; when in alderaan you get an idiot who consistently goes to a turret single handed when our team has two already and we end up losing one as a result of being overwhelmed; noobs trying to cap the furthest node from our spawn on denova at the expense of losing the ones we already have; not trying to cap doors in voidstar,or the opposite faction capping all three doors in less than 2 minutes and you spend most of the time in the spawn because you get rolled as you're the only mug who tries to stop a team capping.

My time is precious and I won't waste it on lolwz

Usually not going to leave a warzone just because people are being bad as long as people are still putting out effort(no matter how useless). But as soon as I see 5+ people sitting at our node and just completely giving up very early in the game im done. Just because you were dealt a bad hand in teammates is no reason to leave imo no matter how terrible its going if people are putting out effort theres no reason to just rage quit.

Usually not going to leave a warzone just because people are being bad as long as people are still putting out effort(no matter how useless). But as soon as I see 5+ people sitting at our node and just completely giving up very early in the game im done. Just because you were dealt a bad hand in teammates is no reason to leave imo no matter how terrible its going if people are putting out effort theres no reason to just rage quit.

There's every reason to quit when you are wasting your time. I don't leave close fought wz. I don't leave even when we are being outplayed. I leave when you are playing with full wh individuals who refuse to play for the team. I won't waste my time and neither should anyone else.

The issue is not premade vs pug. It's skill, coordination, and willingness to learn from one's mistakes, vs coddling.

At any rate, a public announcement to both sides about ragequitters, a 30 minute Deserter Debuff (15 minutes is not long enough to punish someone, and if they had to leave for legit reasons well they probably need the time off anyway), -Social Points (even resulting in the loss of Social Level if it empties out), maybe even -50k credits to pay for their space taxi.

I would be on board for ALL of these going into effect simultaneously. And anything else people suggest.

I'm against a 50k cred straight out fine, but I'd be happy to have something like "pay 50k to remove the deserter's buff".

I don't want to lose 50k everytime I disconnect.

WZ quitters should just have a 45 minute Valor earning decrease,that way even if they AFK or dont try in a match they will be getting alot less Valor or wait out their 45 minutes but then hopefully logic kicks in and they start trying and not picking teams etc.

Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

WHAT THE FORK?! Are you kidding me?!

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

BW needs to fix this crap.

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

Take care of both BW! Your current system is horse crap.

Dude, if you are good, ppl dont leave wz with you. If you are bad... /facepalm - cry more!

There is in game already IS ninja debuff for leavers:

1. After leaving, your first next WZ will be SAME, same type. So, if you boring of NC and leave it, your next wz will be also NC.

2. After leaving, there is timer several minutes you will be waiting, waiting, waiting in wz queue, probably until previous wz ends - 5-7 minutes. But if you are re-log, you enter in new wz in new queue pretty fast in few secounds.

I strongly feel that a deserter buff, while it may seem good will cause more harm than intended. Players will not quit warzones they will simply afk or you will see 3-4 players guarding a node as soon as they feel the warzone cannot be won. Instead and I believe a dev said this that they might increase warzone gains to give players more of a reason to not quit.

I'm not too fussed about pre-mades in WZ's. I think they are feared much more than they should be. (nb: I don't run pre-mades.)

However, people rage quitting IS a problem. What do you hope to achieve by quitting? Nothing but keeping your delicate ego in tact!

I fully support some form of penalty for this kind of behavior. They have it for people who quit LFG, why not. Maybe it can be a reduction of WZ comms say 10%, or a debuff locking you out of any WZ for 30 mins or so. As some have argued, you have every right to run away, but with a 30 min penalty, I'm pretty sure you would reconsider when you extend this right.

All I am going to say is this.

If you are moaning about ppl quitting, then improve your game. Its that simple. Its funny how the majority here just spout out a load of rubbish regarding quitters, without a thought why they quit.

I have and always will quit when I encounter an idiot in pvp as I do not wish to play with ppl who can't call inc, watch a door, or allow a door to be capped behind them inside 8 seconds as it happened yesterday.

That and those clueless ones coming in PvE gear are the reasons why ppl quit. Don't like it? Learn to play. Its that simple