** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

I want to see a fraps of someone not getting any credit. I don't believe a word of it.

Really? This isn't just one person complaining about it, it's majority.

I actually logged in around 11am CST and seemed to be getting credit for every kill and valor up until about 43 when I logged off (only about 45minutes or so). When I logged in later during peak hours, I got credit for about 3 kills over an hour of killing. Whether it was outside of the republic base, chasing them from the south point, or by myself killing a loose guy at center when I gave up and started PvExPvPing, I still got no credit. Very strange bug, but very real.

My first thought/hope was they were trying to limit kills/valor on a per day or per hour basis, because no one should be able to complete a weekly in a couple hours of play max. I mean that's a day's worth of play for a casual player, so it makes no sense that it should be that easy.

At the same time, what was going on there isn't the answer. It needs to get fixed badly.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they getting NO credit or are they simply getting 5-10 at a time and then having to die and continue.

NO CREDIT on kills!

Not all, but MOST!

Last night we had 68 Rep's and close to the same number of Imps on Ilum (HoG server). I fought 1v1, 3v1 and had a blast when we were going 40v40. I assure you, I had well over 200 'kills' that would have counted 2 days ago...I got credit for 41. These weren't trading kills, it was genuine open world, push em back PvP that ranged from our base, to their southern spawn, to central, to southern capture point and on. I crashed and re-logged 5 or 6 times in the 90min, so the whole "just die and it'll count" bs is just that...BS! My very first fight of the night was 1v1 and I won...getting NO CREDIT!

If 3 virtual bags for your virtual character are worth 6 hours of your life I feel very sorry for you.

It isn't. And I'm not talking about the weekly, I'm talking about the daily. 6 hours for the daily. 30+ for the weekly. I zoomed through and there were 3-5 people at each crate spawn, frantically trying to beat each other every time one spawned.

That's some hardcore world PvP action from Bioware.

Edited by Iriestx

Last night i joined a Imperial Ops group while we were being pushed back from the Republic base. We fought all the way back to central, rallied, and killed around 30 republic scum. In about 45 mins of DPSing and healing between these 2 large groups, I received 9/30.

A battle to this degree before the patch would have easily finished off my daily.

1/2 of PVP is undeniably broken atm. I feel for any battlemaster trying to gear up, though I'll be in their company fast if this doesnt get fixed.

Daily hell! In an event like that I would have wrapped up my Weekly before the patch!

So basically everyone should shut up and eat BW's turd sandwich and be happy regardless of the fact that this is the third time in a month they've messed up Illum, which was already terribly designed to begin with. I don't get why we have to do BW's job for them when they can't even bother to test their own damn game. Where are the millions of dollars going?

You 100% missed the point of that post.

I want to see a fraps of someone not getting any credit. I don't believe a word of it.

I killed over 100 players last night, in multiple instances, after dying, etc. Not a single one counted. I tried everything, including suiciding and logging off. It is completely broken on my server. I don't know of a single person on either side who was getting credit.

Believe it or not. Who cares what you believe anyway?

I have no doubt that some people are having issues with kills. There are too many people complaining for there not to be some kind of issue at play.

However, I have only noticed lack of credit in large scale situations where maximum tagged people is likely the cause of missed credit. I expect there are limitations to how many players will get credit for 1 person dying, so that I don't consider buggy.

It took about an hour and ten minutes to finish my weekly in a full ops group, pushing back and forth between middle and a turret outside of the rebel base. I died 5 times during it, a few being very close together - as we were regrouping and the mass of the other side was moving forward. I say that, because it wasn't a case of distributing deaths throughout the time invested for crediting kills.

It was, honestly, like every other trip to Ilum on a Tuesday for me. I know several of my guildmates experienced the same thing.

I have no idea what the lack of credit issue might be for some people, I just know I haven't experienced it myself. I wouldn't even have known of a problem, had I not read the forums.

Helm of Graush server at about 9PM ET last night...Ilum 3

Server The Bastion, no credit for any kills. we are just fighting for controle of mid. and looting crates can take hours with 20 people searching for them. not worth it. Ilium is truley a dead idea. I have been playing enoiugh MMOs to see that eventually they will scratch ilium "untill we find something that works"

If they don't have an update, they need to change the daily/weekly for Ilum to require 1/5 crates, respectively.

Let us get our rewards and get out while you try to fix what you screwed up.

6 hours of crate gathering, 3-5 friendly players at each crate spawn trying to outclick the other, just for a daily? That's broken beyond the point of absurdity.

Edited by Iriestx

Yesterday morning I had no problems, logged in, got my kills and moved on.

Something broke after that and the flood of no credit kills began.

This morning, it was still broken and I could not complete my daily.

There were a whopping 11 people in Ilum and the only Imps, were a group of 6 in center, I killed one solo, then grouped with 2 other guys and we killed 3 more. I received no credit for any of them. So it's not a large scale issue, and it's not an instance pop issue, since there were probably less than 25 people in the zone.

Someone was insisting the issue was only with Ilum 1, but that was not testable since you need people to cause a second instance to spawn and there were NO people.

I am dumbfounded they didn't roll back the patch, but I am also pretty sure they film those Monster commercials with the office full of monkeys, at the Bioware QC department.

I've had no problems with this new patch's "measures" to avoind exploiting on Ilum. I raid with a small gruop of 5-8 people and we've done our dailies in 15 minutes these two last days, today i finished weekly aswell in not more than 1.5 hours.

I guess this new system is there to avoid the use of stupid and dumb tactics like staying at your base semi-AFK just buffing random players and AoEing, expecting to get credit for eveything else other people do : )

I only had no credit for my kills when we encountered the same players we killed like a few minutes ago and i guess there must be a hidden timer in place where if you kill the same player twice in a row the second time you don't get credit. That's fine, since i just love moving around Ilum looking for random groups of Imperials with a couple friends, as it should be.

Camping bases for 4 hours is stupid, the sooner people realize, the better. Also, this problem might affect the overpopulated faction the most but that's entirely their own fault, they should just stop trying to base camp and move around the whole Ilum map capturing points, it's a big zone, just use it...it's no use complaining about something you're not doing right in the first place and considering Ilum still has far more worse issues (like lag/FPS) this "bug" is just a trivial thing.

Anyways, i don't know if BW has said something regarding this issue, this is just my experience since the new patch regarding this "bug".

I've had no problems with this new patch's "measures" to avoind exploiting on Ilum. I raid with a small gruop of 5-8 people and we've done our dailies in 15 minutes these two last days, today i finished weekly aswell in not more than 1.5 hours.

I guess this new system is there to avoid the use of stupid and dumb tactics like staying at your base semi-AFK just buffing random players and AoEing, expecting to get credit for eveything else other people do : )

I only had no credit for my kills when we encountered the same players we killed like a few minutes ago and i guess there must be a hidden timer in place where if you kill the same player twice in a row the second time you don't get credit. That's fine, since i just love moving around Ilum looking for random groups of Imperials with a couple friends, as it should be.

Camping bases for 4 hours is stupid, the sooner people realize, the better. Also, this problem might affect the overpopulated faction the most but that's entirely their own fault, they should just stop trying to base camp and move around the whole Ilum map capturing points, it's a big zone, just use it...it's no use complaining about something you're not doing right in the first place and considering Ilum still has far more worse issues (like lag/FPS) this "bug" is just a trivial thing.

Anyways, i don't know if BW has said something regarding this issue, this is just my experience since the new patch regarding this "bug".

You're one of the lucky few that has a working Ilum on their realm. For most the new countermeasures have completely disabled valor gain and quest credit for any kill in any scenario. Trivializing the problem when you're not experiencing it and clearly don't understand it is pretty dick-ish.

Edited by Iriestx

You're one of the lucky few that has a working Ilum on their realm. For most the new countermeasures have completely disabled valor gain and quest credit for any kill in any scenario. Trivializing the problem when you're not experiencing it and clearly don't understand it is pretty dick-ish.

Well if you call "working Ilum" to a 10 FPS lagfest of 20 rep vs 120 Imps yes, i guess it's working. I just believe i barely see this issue because we are very underpopulated on Ilum, so i never get to kill the same imperial twice, most of the time, as i said, i've still suffered the problem ocassionally, but i just don't camp inside my base where the same group of imperials are allways waiting outside.

Still waiting for official responses anyway, i want to know if this is intended or not, just like anyone else, it could become a serious problem, no doubt.

Edited by BanzaiChigau

This issue has happened to me and I KNOW it has. I got to Illum with 0/30 on daily and 120/150 on weekly. Explain to me how they got out of sync???? I noticed initially I got 10 kill credits for Daily that didn't show up on Weekly... Please look into this very carefully, a broken counting system would really be the tip of the iceberg on the already broken pvp system... fix fix fix! Edited by LordMantequillas

If they don't have an update, they need to change the daily/weekly for Ilum to require 1/5 crates, respectively.

Let us get our rewards and get out while you try to fix what you screwed up.

6 hours of crate gathering, 3-5 friendly players at each crate spawn trying to outclick the other, just for a daily? That's broken beyond the point of absurdity.

Terrible idea. Just make ilum give NO REWARDS, so no one is forced to do the quest. Freebies aren't the answer. Remove the daily/weekly or simply shut down Ilum until a fix/rehaul is complete. It's a joke of an area. Applying small band-aids doesn't work.