What Gets Your Goat In GSF?

lwiggles

God yes, so much this. You probably know I start almost every dom match with tensor, so I see it all the time. My favorite is when we end up with a preponderance of bombers on, say, Mesas...I announce I'm going to B...and then all the bombers head to either A or C. Together. And then we end up with a single sat bristling with mines and multiple repair drones.

....but it's one secure sat. ;)

1) Getting sabotage probed - guarantees for whoever did it that we will be BEST BUDDIES FOREVER for the rest of the match.

2) Solo capping a node, asking for a guard, then watching the node get recapped as soon as I'm finished at the next node

3) Watching people smash into gunship/bomber nests when I've told then repeatedly not to go there

4) People who trash talk despite contributing NOTHING

5) Conquest point leechers that do exactly enough to remain in combat, while doing nothing

6) Cluster bukkake

7) Being unable to carry a team in domination because bombers - note I have nothing against people running bombers, people stacking bombers, or members of a ****** team - this is me being frustrated with myself

8) Railgun target evasion RNG - nothing like 4 misses in a row to make your blood boil

I absolutely hate being destroyed within a few minutes, having 10-20 deaths in one match in the end - even with not that bad equipped fighters !

I might be exaggerating a bit, but I think you get my message ...

What I also hate is matches which go like 100 vs. 1000 points in the end score ... Horrible !

Not for them of course ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

When a target slips behind an obstacle/dies the instant you let go of a fully charged railshot...

Teams spamming gunships, doesnt matter which side.

Performing completely terrible, getting killed almost instantly the entire match, flying into stuff and generally being a complete noob for whatever reason... Then ending up with twice the score in damage, kills, accuracy, AND objectives anyway.

Really, that one is the worst. Nothing is worse than playing a utterly horrible game only to see your entire team still somehow managed to do worse.

For me number one is unbalanced matches. I have no problem flying on underdog team somedays I even prefer losing horribly to completely effortless victory, but I hate it when experienced players who I know have mastered ships stack bombers/gunships/T2 scouts againts clearly weaker team. I think it is happening more and more these days. When on underdog team I have almost always tried to give it my best shot no matter what the odds are, but lately I have just started to give up every now and then. Soon I will probably start leaving those matches before they even start in order to deny enemy pilots even slighest possibility of challange. I can't really blame enemy pilots for doing it, because mostly it's group finder issue and even I do it sometimes when I just want to fly certain ship no matter what for some random reason. Also I know in the end it really wouldn't make much of difference even if they all flew worst possible ship with worst possible build It's just one thing that I hate more than anything else in gsf.

Trash talking. I especially remember one TDM when I was in premade with 2 or 3 other players and one of them who is pretty experienced pilot kept complaining and blaming noobs for most of the match.. our premade carried the match, but we lost 49-50. I can't but think that if that one guy had focused on enemies instead of chatting we would have won it.

I agree wholeheartedly, on all counts.

I left my first matches ever today. 2 of them, in the pre-match screen. One on impside because I was with nothing but two shippers (which I was impside till the start of the week) against a team with some big-name aces (I shan't name those names, but some of the best pilots on the server). Were I in the right mood I would have played it for the ultra-nightmare mode challenge (well, impossible, really, but probably fun and educational) and see what I can do with a sting that doesn't even have all the components I want yet against that brick wall, but I was in more of a '**** it' mood and left.

The other, the opposite. Repside, q up into a good team, opposition is a bunch of two-shippers. I was in more of the mood I should have been in for the previous fight, and that looked boring as hell.

Plus I have to think, sometimes you're probably fighting alts of experienced players. You can often tell. But if they're new players and just get utterly hammered, how many will re-q?

On the trash talk: Anyone that does it needs to grow the **** up. I always look at their performance. It's usually very poor. Not always, but usually. But even if they're an ace, they should know better than to set that tone in the chat and community.

Edited by MDVZ

Bombers dropping mines on spawn-points in TDM.

Gunships vaping pilots from their hyperspace entries in TDM.

Players that cannot kill anything unless they're using their burst laser scout, gunship, or bomber while shooting at low-skill, under-geared opponents and then complain when you completely wipe the floor with them in your Rycer or Star-guard.

Then they accuse you of hacking after logging over into the opposing factions /gsf channel and again, you wipe the floor with their poor accusations.

1) Unbalanced matches. I hate being on the stomping side even more than being on the stomped side but both are a waste of my time. Most of the time just bad matchmaking.

2) Que syncing premades. 8 on voice chat stacking sting, gunships and bombers vs pug. See above but this is intentional (and used to be very common on JC). This makes me RAGE.

3) The sab probe bug. I can't take the clearly superior slow on the T5 of sab probes because a glitch causes the probes to stop working if I do. Very annoying.

4) Wall-o-gunships. Doesn't matter which side, or which game, or how the match is going. This is a dogfighting game, not a duck shoot or a game of chicken.

5) Non-utillity cooldowns and RNG based defense. I really hate moves like TT, blaster overcharge, distortion field, ect. Burst is all fine and good, but these moves feel almost like cheating to me, like an offensive CD from the ground game. I swapped out my spare fuel tank for TT recently on my blackbolt and holy crap, its so much easier to get kills with that ability. I haven't gotten any better as a pilot, i'm just stacking the odds in my favor via a button click. Booooring. Same for the double missile break on distortion field. I respect those pilots who know how to fly, who rarely need missile lock breaks because they know how to do a manual power dive. And I myself never rely on distortion field (run shields to engines instead) because I prefer to dodge (or get vaped) based on my skill as a pilot not RNG. If i'm approaching a gunship, I do a real corkscrew (Or as one guy named it the Demitrov Roll ;p) and rarely get hit even if its head on from 15km. Distortion field is a lame workaround for actual pilot skill.

^ pardon the rant but there is a reason I don't do groundside pvp anymore and it annoys me to see similar mechanics define the GSF meta.