View Single Post

Lhancelot
01.27.2017 , 03:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post

PVE is about gearing and progression. I don't think PvP should be that way.
It's pretty clear they put no thought into it.

Obviously lesser geared players will be at a disadvantage in PVP, but not only that; the grind to get gear sets is so slow it's not fulfilling enough to keep you interested in doing it.

The RNG only adds frustration. RNG is discouraging. RNG is not encouraging.

It's like having to walk 100 miles to a slot machine that MIGHT win you a thousand dollars, but then again you might win nothing. How many times are you going to walk 100 miles and win nothing before you just give up? Probably not very many.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
Um, they got a new Producer in August just before 4.0 in December. He's the same guy that told use "RNG was exciting"
I don't know how much dev control a producer has, but even if this guy is new there's no excuse to basically take advanced dev work that was done on the gearing system for the past 2 years and implement the very same type of gear grind system that was running prior to 3.3 which was phased out 2 years ago.

You'd think a new producer would have done some research on what changes were made in the past already, and known better than to make huge gamebreaking changes that essentially reverted the game back to an archaic state that had proven itself unsuccessful and extremely unpopular.

If this is the case, it's sad and pathetic that someone would have that much control over the development of the game costing resources/money, time, and energy from a dev team that has proven capable of improving the state of this game.

I have to admit, I have seen games that took a turn for the worst, and eventually died due to their mishandling of the game.

That being said, I have never seen a game put dev work into changing an awful gearing system then literally a couple years later spend tons of time and resources going back to using the exact same type of awful gearing system that was removed.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.