Nautolan Skin Color Issue

Xina_LA

Is anyone else noticing a big difference in Nautolan skin colors between the character creation screen, character selection screen, and in-game?

I picked skin color 1, which looks like a subtle grey-blue in both creation and selection, but in game it's intense robin egg blue. I went to a few different places in case it was local lighting, but it's consistent.

I also tried skin color 9, which is a yellowish tan in creation and selection, but a lovely green hue in-game.

EDIT: Skin color 2 looks consistent everywhere.

Is it just me?

Edited by Xina_LA

Is anyone else noticing a big difference in Nautolan skin colors between the character creation screen, character selection screen, and in-game?

I picked skin color 1, which looks like a subtle grey-blue in both creation and selection, but in game it's intense robin egg blue. I went to a few different places in case it was local lighting, but it's consistent.

I also tried skin color 9, which is a yellowish tan in creation and selection, but a lovely green hue in-game.

EDIT: Skin color 2 looks consistent everywhere.

Is it just me?

Yes, it has yellow skin around the eyes in creator, but in game it looks purple?! The colors are so weird. In game they seem so dark, but creator looked lighter... and ya, everything about this new race is junk. they promoted the NPC version model, and gave us frogs

Edited by ptsdgirl

Yes, it has yellow skin around the eyes in creator, but in game it looks purple?! The colors are so weird. In game they seem so dark, but creator looked lighter... and ya, everything about this new race is junk. they promoted the NPC version model, and gave us frogs

Well said. I expected the attractive, well-made NPC models that we've all grown used to... Boy, oh boy... We got the permanently smiling, wide-eyed... hypnotoads.

I was excited to get a new species and Nautolans were a species I've wanted, though they were much further down on my list, but they aren't as good as I was hoping.

- The males seem O.K. in the face but the females fall far short.

- The tentacles needed more variety instead of all looking the same and probably should've had a separate slider which would've given them more customization options.

- The skin colors are just blah imo. Probably not lore based but really wanted a red version.

- The patterns aren't very defined and appear as smudges.

- Eyes could've used more colors or give us different eye shapes.

Yeah, the tentacles and markings could use some work.

I created and deleted SO MANY TOONS trying to see what they really look like before finding a good one...

The preview mode really needs some work (character creation and selection).

Also the default mood is definitely NOT “/neutral”. They are on /smile or something by default which is extremely weird and very creepy looking. The race skill seems to be broken as well. It has the same name as the zabrak skill, performs like the human skill yet does nothing and has a long cool down for no reason.

Also the default mood is definitely NOT “/neutral”. They are on /smile or something by default which is extremely weird and very creepy looking. The race skill seems to be broken as well. It has the same name as the zabrak skill, performs like the human skill yet does nothing and has a long cool down for no reason.

i noticed that,+ that if you give him a helmet he talks like he has one on. unless you hide the helmet.

and whats with those huuuuge lips?

complexions sucks too. should had been 1 neutral.

I wrote in support of their skin of a new race, that there is a mismatch in the colors, the skin around the eyes is always purple. That the eyes are not animated at all. The character does not even blink. It looks awful in cutscenes and needs to be fixed. Do you know what they answered me? Developers are interested in offers, write about it on the forum at Suggestion Box. That is, according to them, everything that we are observing now is the way it should be. I'm just in shock.:confused:

• 1 month later...

Yeah I am also confused about the complexion.

Why do they all get orange cheeks? I picked the complexion with the least amount of orange on it and now my Jedi Guardian looks like he's a dark side Jedi even though I am going puritan on him.

And yes the skin tones do not match the creator tool colors in game.