In your opinion (gearing up fresh from 50)

Hi, I've read some of the guides here which are great resources for transitioning from quest gear to hard modes and eventually raids.

I really enjoy a number of the flashpoints I've run, and I was excited to jump into the new ones at the level cap and the hard modes of all of them. Now I'm reading up on ways to gear up, and the main method being cited by everyone is to complete dailies on Belsavis and Ilum. That would be great to grind for cash and tokens.

The problem is that my class quest bugged on belsavis, so I never got to finish my class line OR start these Ilum and Belsavis chains. I guess my question is, are there other ways to effectively farm tokens and gear?

It sounds like these dailies are really the main source of stepping up you gear enough to start hard modes. If there isn't a comparable approach to do this, I guess I at least enjoyed the leveling.

Hi, I've read some of the guides here which are great resources for transitioning from quest gear to hard modes and eventually raids.

I really enjoy a number of the flashpoints I've run, and I was excited to jump into the new ones at the level cap and the hard modes of all of them. Now I'm reading up on ways to gear up, and the main method being cited by everyone is to complete dailies on Belsavis and Ilum. That would be great to grind for cash and tokens.

The problem is that my class quest bugged on belsavis, so I never got to finish my class line OR start these Ilum and Belsavis chains. I guess my question is, are there other ways to effectively farm tokens and gear?

It sounds like these dailies are really the main source of stepping up you gear enough to start hard modes. If there isn't a comparable approach to do this, I guess I at least enjoyed the leveling.

This may be redundant - but you've tried resetting, dropping etc. of your class quest right?

I haven't seen a Daily comm dropped randomely on Ilum, so I can't tell you to just farm Ilum mobs.

Your best bet seems to just buy a bunch of level 50ish gear on market and/or slog your way through HM's. Start with BT/Esseles (: and/or you can pvp for gear :o

Best bet is to do the Warzone PvP quest, daily and weekly. Also farm warzones for commendations.

The weekly quest gives 2 champion bags.

The daily quest gives 1 champion bag.

A couple hours of doing warzones gives enough commendations to buy 1 champion bag.

The champion items are far better than all gear not dropped in raids. Gear up with champion pvp gear and use it in pve.

Brother actually I personally have not done all of the dailies and frankly you dont need to grind them. I am full columi right now with some rataka items and running Nightmare modes.

Here is what I did -

PVP, PVP, PVP and more pvp.

Do daily and weekly pvp. You will get bags and from bags you will get tokens and chance of purple gear drop. If you are lucky like me you will be in full purple gear (pvp ofcourse) in 1 week and will be able to run regular (I even did hard mode) Eternity vault and get better PVE gear.

I know it is cheating but in my opinion this is the fastest way to start raiding if that is your goal. I find grinding very boring. I only do dailies when I have nothing else to do and I really dont find any need for it.

I've tried resetting, which allows me to finish the last step again, but then I go to use the holoterminal and it just doesn't respond. It appears to be interactive, but it isn't. After doing the last step twice (different endings jus in case), it still bugs out. I've submitted many tickets, but they aren't bothering with this sort of thing on a case-by-case basis. I'm sure it'll be several months before I can finish my class story.

edit: thanks for everyone's responses, I'll work at the pvp for a bit and see how my RNG luck goes.

Edited by MPagano

edit: thanks for everyone's responses, I'll work at the pvp for a bit and see how my RNG luck goes.

Its gonna take time. Dont expect to get many pieces in a week. I did 4 bags today and got no pieces, but thats normal. I don't care anymore tho cause I'm just going for extras for my companions.

I know you guys will hate me but the drop rates for tier pieces in bags for me was crazy like 95% or more (the first week). I was getting 1 piece in almost every bag.

I have 2 head pieces, 2 chest pieces, 4 something relics in addition to full DPS and Healer gear set (PVP only). Same was reported by my guildmates.

But I have seen that for the past 2 weeks I didnt get anything. Zero. Just badges. Which is fine as I have all gear I need but just wondering if they have nerfed the drop rate or we just got extremely lucky.

I hope you also get lots of drops hehe :)

Edited by Yummymango