A quick update on Ability Delay

EmmanuelLusinchi

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every day I wake up to enjoy a nice morning with my marauder in Ilum, collecting my armaments and getting the daily done. It's about all I can do in Ilum as the Republic base is being camped for Valor. I get a morsel here and there in the center fighting for armaments but it's scarce.

I am jealous of ranged classes though, because as a melee DPS I can't just sit back and AOE. You see, you have to at least tag a Republic player before you can get credit for his death. This means that I have to run in facing turrets and in coming AOE from the Republic side. I don't get credit when I'm dead.

To further aid our AOE counterparts, SWtor decided it was not fair to have the Republic fighting inside their base, so when you try to go in there now it's instant death. This means the only classes that are getting any kills are the ranged classes.

That said, their valor is going through the roof and they are making rank 65 to buy Battle Master gear very fast. My friend went up 11 Valor levels in one day.

So to sum it all up for the melee class, You are now having to fight in war fronts with all 50's, with all your button and animation problems, garbage trees, and doing it against people in Battle Master gear.

It's going to be a long road my friends. Might want to put that Melee class on the shelf for now and start an alt.

PS. If I could put a point or 2 in a skill tree slot that would give me 100% chance to use Unleash, I would. Because it only works sometimes right now. Spam click for the lose.

What about the prevailing opinion that the "cinematic combat" of SWTOR is what's to blame for a lot of the ability delay?

Otherwise known as: if my cast bar is 2.5 seconds, and I start moving after the bar has finished, I EXPECT THE ABILITY TO ACTUALLY GO OFF, not to have a hidden half-second cast time as my character finishes his animation.

I have a lot of problems with activating Force Camouflage as a Sentinel in PvP. I'm rank 66 and when I run into situations where I need to regroup quickly and "vanish" but I can't. It just won't activate. I spend 7 seconds to get it to work sometimes.

I know some people would be skeptical and think I'm just stunned during this time, but I've gotten to the point where, to save my sanity, I just start strafing as I command the vanish to ensure I'm not stunned or anything. It just won't activate, it is infuriating.

To be in a situation, in Ilum, like I was, getting jumped, wanting to vanish to regroup quickly to leap them, dot them etc. but I can't get that initial move off so I spend 7 seconds trying to do a move where I go from 70% to dead. This PvP action is just too fast paced for an ability not to go off because it doesn't want to. I need this ability, I have to be able to rely on it.

A Commando healing buddy of mine says he has the same trouble with Reactive Shield. He'll spam the hell out of it sometimes and it just won't activate.

Please do something about this.