Thank you Teso?

HG_Hulk_Smash

This has been awesome, the off topic keeps **** poppin. Let's get back to how 8 free class stories isnt enough for F2P that's the good ****. They should get everything for free. Anything you need to complete the 8 class stories you are given as f2p, yes it's slower and a lot of QoL items are missing but its a pretty good deal for not paying ****. Any complaining about that is generally laughable. What would be gained by changing the F2P restrictions? No one can say with any certainty it's all conjecture.

Isnt it about time for WFW to take over? Wildstar is going to kill this game, if not then the WoW X-Pac will! Down with SWTOR!

I don't consider ability to open/accept quest rewards to be a QOL item, I consider it to be essential part of the base game. moreover - most in demand quality of life improvements can be purchased in form of unlocks. thus providing revenue to the company (and some cases - ongoing revenue since group content passes you have to keep buying, the way you pay for subscription). there is no good reason to punish non subscriber any further than that, especially someone who is playing on preferred account (meaning they paid a minimum of $5 to the developer directly, and likely generated more indirect revenue by creating demand for cartel market unlocks that can be sold on GTN)

speaking of wildstar. would you consider someone who buys monthly pass with in game currency instead of paying real life money - a freeloader? because whatever else I feel about wildstar? at least their developers understand that it doesn't matter how the players got their pass, only that someone somewhere payed for it and everyone involved got what they wanted out of it. developers got money, buyer of the pass - got game access and seller of the pass? got fast in game funds.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above all thanks to Zenimax for making Bioware look competent.

Item duping known in beta made it live? Bravo!

Theres nothing on this planet that can make bioware look competent. You must not have been here for swtors launch or saw the hundreds of servers with 10 or 20 people on them months after release, lol or ilum. How about all the hackers still running around swtor?

Only bioware devs could make themselves look competent and turning out 10 raids bosses a year and dumbing down the game with tactical flashpoints is doing the opposite.

Theres nothing on this planet that can make bioware look competent. You must not have been here for swtors launch or saw the hundreds of servers with 10 or 20 people on them months after release, lol or ilum. How about all the hackers still running around swtor?

Only bioware devs could make themselves look competent and turning out 10 raids bosses a year and dumbing down the game with tactical flashpoints is doing the opposite.

my goodness you are bitter.

speaking of competence, I'm genuinely worried right now about just how secure accounts are with Zenimax.

becasue at this time, there is no free way to play the game, no free trials, nothing. in order to chat in game - you "supposedly" have to buy the game. but considering number of gold selling accounts (and they ARE separate accounts) I have high doubts that these people actualy spend that much money on buying ESO boxes. which means.... they are hacking. a lot. probably more then I see, becasue the ones I see - get through my spam filters. and that is just terrifying

I'm still crashing to desktop constantly - most often when there's group battle going on like active Dolmens or public dungeons. I remember SWTOR launch. and I never crashed like that back then.

yes, bioware overextended themselves when it comes to servers. but they fixed that.

funny thing is... I have expected bugs from Bethesda game. its what they are famous for after all. but some of those bugs are just...

yeah, they are making bioware look competent. they really are. I'm sure they will figure it out few months down the road. eventually. by that point though the damage would have been done.

Do you need a bottle? Can't handle the fact that ESO kinda... well, sucks?

speaking of competence, I'm genuinely worried right now about just how secure accounts are with Zenimax.

becasue at this time, there is no free way to play the game, no free trials, nothing. in order to chat in game - you "supposedly" have to buy the game. but considering number of gold selling accounts (and they ARE separate accounts) I have high doubts that these people actualy spend that much money on buying ESO boxes. which means.... they are hacking. a lot. probably more then I see, becasue the ones I see - get through my spam filters. and that is just terrifying

I'm still crashing to desktop constantly - most often when there's group battle going on like active Dolmens or public dungeons. I remember SWTOR launch. and I never crashed like that back then.

yes, bioware overextended themselves when it comes to servers. but they fixed that.

funny thing is... I have expected bugs from Bethesda game. its what they are famous for after all. but some of those bugs are just...

yeah, they are making bioware look competent. they really are. I'm sure they will figure it out few months down the road. eventually. by that point though the damage would have been done.

What's more funny, is that all these people keep saying that ESO is the best game since Sliced Bread, but when I went to my local game store(s), each place still had ALL their copies of ESO. Hell, even Wal-Mart did. Of course, I live in a red neck town in Colorado, so...

Bethesda didn't make the game, Zenimax did.

And you're really comparing the number of bugs from a single player game against an mmo? Really?

And you're really comparing the number of bugs from a single player game against an mmo? Really?

Why not? People do it with SW:TOR all the time. They compare it to Mass Effect and Dragon Age and other BioWare products. So why shouldn't ESO be compared to other single player games?

EDIT: and you really should say Zenimax Online Studios since Zenimax is the company that owns Bethesda and Zenimax Online (amongst others)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Bethesda is the publisher. its kinda like saying that SWTOR is EA BIoware game, you know? both are correct.

and yes. I have expected bug ridden mess from Bethesda published video game (multiplayer vs single player didn't factor into my expectations of stability. company precedent did). at first I was pleasantly surprised. I mean... it didn't seem nearly as bugged as their other stuff. I wasn't originally going to preorder TESO - not because I have something against other MMO's on principle, but becasue i expected it to be unplayable for the first few months at least.

but then I tried BETA. and I was able to play. and I had fun. and I bought into the whole "its Beta, they will fix it when it goes live"

there are 2 things that irritate me when it comes to TESO. some of those things will eventually be fixed, at which point I'll give it a try again, resubscribe if its still subscription based at that point. other things... I doubt would be fixed becasue many of them are at the core of the game. they are the reason why TESO will never be my main MMO. they are also entirely subjective and I know people for whom those very design elements that push me away - are the reason why they love the game, so.. to each their own.

That's not incompetence tho, that's over-reaching and then under committing. But what they deliver(ed) tends to be not game braking.

Point isn't in the number but severity of the bugs. A rooster up of these proportions is less forgivable in an mmo because of the overreaching effect it has on the game as a whole. It's understandable that there are perfect storm hardware combos that make some CTD constantly at launch. It's somewhat less understandable to let known item duping make it from beta to live. Makes one wonder what kind of messes they had on their hand for them to out-prioritize something as big as this.

Edited by aeterno

Yes I will admit I am extremely bitter about these devs destroying a star wars mmo that could have been very successful if not for some really stupid ideas about how an mmo should work, then sticking to those ideas after their game burned down around them.

I have few technical problems playing eso, I don't crash, don't lag, even in pvp fights with hundreds of people. I cant say that any of those things about swtor which I run on the exact same computer.

Games with a lot of people have a lot of gold sellers, might be shocking to someone coming from swtor but zennimax is working on it. They'll die down when the game levels out or everyone leaves it for wildstar if zennimax goes all bioware and doesn't fix their problems.

Do you need a bottle? Can't handle the fact that ESO kinda... well, sucks?

What's more funny, is that all these people keep saying that ESO is the best game since Sliced Bread, but when I went to my local game store(s), each place still had ALL their copies of ESO. Hell, even Wal-Mart did. Of course, I live in a red neck town in Colorado, so...

So youre the guy that still goes to the game store and buys a box.

Edited by Mallorik

Yes I will admit I am extremely bitter about these devs destroying a star wars mmo that could have been very successful if not for some really stupid ideas about how an mmo should work, then sticking to those ideas after their game burned down around them.

I have few technical problems playing eso, I don't crash, don't lag, even in pvp fights with hundreds of people. I cant say that any of those things about swtor which I run on the exact same computer.

Games with a lot of people have a lot of gold sellers, might be shocking to someone coming from swtor but zennimax is working on it. They'll die down when the game levels out or everyone leaves it for wildstar if zennimax goes all bioware and doesn't fix their problems.

1. that's just your opinion. your dislikes are entirely subjective and don't objectively make a game bad anymore then design decisions that irritate the crap out of me about ESO - make it objectively bad.

2. computer I'm running ESO on is new. updated. and yet... I crash. I actualy didn't crash during early access as much as I crash now. I'm NOT the only one with game crashing issues. your insistence that your personal experience = everyone else experience is absurd. becasue guess what, SWTOR doesn't crash on me. so there you go. I do wonder though if its video card compatibility issue. even though... video card I have specifically supports ESO, as in - it scans for supported games I can optimize through it, rather than in game interface. so I guess its something else?

3. oh bull. lets take WoW. becasue its the game with a lot of people yes? it doesn't get nearly as many gold sellers as rampantly as ESO does and WoW has free trial option. SWTOR has a built in credit to real money exchange system. you know... through buying stuff on cartel market and then selling it for in game credits. it also has some very annoying systems in place for account protection. but as annoying they may be - they seem to work out pretty well. the reason ESO is swimming in gold sellers right now, well 2 reasons really. its new. and apparently its easy to hack.

last but not least. this whole "people will leave for that next new shiny game deal. I got news for you. THEY DON"T. why? becasue there are multiple factors that keep people engaged and/or put off certain games. and those factors are NOT solely gameplay and/or pvp system and or whatever else.

even so called issues with ESO, other than bugs? are really more of subjective preferences.

arm chair developers /scoff.

I swear its like SWTOR is your ex that you had all these grand expectations and demands for, but they weren't what you imagined they should be, so now you are pissed of at them, simply becasue they are what they are, not what you personally want them to be. >_> but of course your personal preferences trump all right? >_> /sarcasm.

hell if it worked that way, the ESO is one of the *******r games to come out in recent years because there are things I don't like about it and would prefer to be done differently - everything between limited active combat abilities to crafting system to freaking horse training to how banks work - except.. not.

Lol! I'm sorry... I couldn't help but notice your continuing defense of other games. It seems you are a defender yourself.

So... TESO is a bust. You are just about to conceded that. And what will you say about Wildstar when it doesn't meet your expectations? Will that be Bioware's fault as well? Lol!

You are bitterness is blinding you. You need to just step away.

Anyway, it just seems to me, that with another "big time" mmo being released, more players are suddenly checking out if the Darkside really does offer cookies.

Was too lazy to read the whole thread to see if anyone else did this, but I would like to point out the Dark Side no longer has Cookies.

Darth Baras ate them all :mad:

Thats because you are a fanboy cheerleader and like pedophiles and alcoholics you all want to believe that everyone else is one too.

whoa whoa whoa, there is NO WAY you can justify comparing a guy defending a game to those two examples that's going way to far, whatever your opinion about "defenders" that comparison is a grave exaggeration and very offensive.

Edited by Sangrar

I don't have the time or patience to read another one of your novels of nonsense so ill just take the first one.

Its not just my opinion, you can keep telling yourself that this game lost 1.5 million players because people are mean! wow sucks! or its gods fault! The simple fact is that bioware made an mmo from 2005 and players noticed.

wow dude...

just wow..

no, this game lost players, like pretty much all MMO's lose players. people try out the game, figure out its not for them, and the ones with healthy minds? move on to something they may enjoy better. and those who stay are the games target audience. with exception of the fabulous individuals like you who just cannot. let. go. who keep hoping that the game will be something THEY want it to be, and then make claims about how much the game sucks because its not what THEY wanted.

you.

are.

ridiculous.

and possibly in need of psychological help.

LOL, you people are like zombies.

I'm seriously intrigued by which standard this game falls short. Last I heard its making the publisher a tidy sum of profit, probably why it hasn't gone the way of WH yet. Meaning BW is not completely incompetent.

Which brings me to my original point, zenimax is giving the vanilla bw team a very good run for the money in terms of not the smartest design decisions and implementation botches. That's a fact and they will take justified and unjustified flack for it whether your sensibilities can handle it maturely or not (not). Even the messianic AN lost its heavenly glow relatively fast when it came to it. Only zombies around are those still idolizing these companies such as yourself, "zenidrone".

Edited by aeterno