The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

If you are going to flame someone's build for not being cookie cutter at least wait until they are level 55 before you criticize their methods.

So, I can't even say anything about using Force Lightning as Assassin if you don't have even one stack of harnessed darkness. Yes, I know... I sometimes use TK Throw/FL at two stacks and feel bad about it but using it at 0 stacks...

That explains a lot... Like for example why I didn't have any issues to rip aggro from this "tank" as level 28 Darkness (I don't even have force cost reduction for Shock yet so it's a lot of basic attack spam between Thrash, Shock, Discharge bursts).

Worse FP experience ever. Never went back to darkside after that. leveling on the jedi side of things right now.

Was that level 10 version? If it was then there's no group roles at all. It was originally designed for two players without companions.

Our guardian tank had no offhand at all he was just running without anything in the slot.

Do you base this on just your look at "inspect character"? Because the offhand slot bugs out fairly often and shows empty, even if you had something there. :)

Do you base this on just your look at "inspect character"? Because the offhand slot bugs out fairly often and shows empty, even if you had something there. :)

Ah, I suppose that could be the problem.

Still, it seems they didn't even know how to pop cooldowns. We wiped a few times. I was so excited that something had popped for a dps character too :(

I honestly don't know why some noob's pretend to be know it all's. Is it because they are too scared to admit they are new? Or is it simply because they are just trying to be show offs? :confused:.

I personally think they are worried they will be kicked for being new. Now I know there are some elitist pr*cks out there that do that, but in my opinion they are the minority. And in all the times I have been running a mission for the first time I have only been kicked once (Lost Island HM), I stuck the guy that kicked me on ignore. There was a second time on my vang tank I said it was my first ever taral V, so he left with a "hate running with noobs", at the end 1 of the dps complimented me on holding aggro (just because its my first time on taral V doesn't mean this is my first character).

If they are going to be the sort of retard that expects people to know it, but refuse to allow anyone to do it, well they will never find a group, as how can you know it without having done it?

Edited by BobFredJohn

So, I can't even say anything about using Force Lightning as Assassin if you don't have even one stack of harnessed darkness. Yes, I know... I sometimes use TK Throw/FL at two stacks and feel bad about it but using it at 0 stacks...

That explains a lot... Like for example why I didn't have any issues to rip aggro from this "tank" as level 28 Darkness (I don't even have force cost reduction for Shock yet so it's a lot of basic attack spam between Thrash, Shock, Discharge bursts).

Bolster in KDY over-buffs lowbies more than lower levels so they can compete with their basic abilities, that's why you'll often see level 15's pulling a huge chunk of threat not because they are DPS gods but because they simply don't have to do much to maintain similar DPS/threat levels to higher levels. A good level 28 and definitely out-threat an average level 48 easily.

However back to my original point I think you're nit-picking, at the end of the day the guy is still levelling therefore probably still learning the ins and outs of the class. There's absolutely no need to require you have every point in specific places until you start doing HM flashpoints or SM operations. While they should have most of their points in the darkness spec they don't need/require specific abilities or passives in sub 50 flashpoints.

Watching a level 48's buff bar to make sure he's proccing certain abilities is almost as dumb as asking a level 10 esseles group to join parsec.

Watching a level 48's buff bar to make sure he's proccing certain abilities is almost as dumb as asking a level 10 esseles group to join parsec.

Now I want to go to the Fleet and start recruiting people with a message like "LF3M for Esseles SM social run. 168+ gear, 3200+ DPS on the dummy required. Must be on Teamspeak!"

Edited by Elusive_Thing

I know Marauders get a bad rap, but the two Juggs I just ran into...

Czerka Core Meltdown HM. Myself on my min-maxed Operative healer, a decently geared Powertech is our Tank, and the two DPS are two reasonably geared Juggs (one male, one female) from the same guild. I make the mistake of expecting a smooth run. Ehehehe....

Trash is alright, DPS seems a little low, and female!Jugg must be distracted by something as she keeps going AFK for 1-5 minutes at a time. Never telling us, just suddenly standing there. But whatever, real life happens, on we go.

First boss we tackle is Enhanced Vrblther (Giant-Toss-Group-Mushroom-Eating-Monster). The Tank makes a few mistakes about positioning but the DPS... the female!Jugg continues to go AFK, and male!Jugg keeps running to the mushrooms, waiting there (not DPSing), and then smacking the mushrooms, usually too early. At least they helped with the adds so I wasn't torn apart, and we managed to kill it without any deaths... eventually.

Then onto Enhanced Duneclaw. The Tank starts the fight by clicking the console and tanks Duneclaw there, and of course the first generator to light up is the one across the room, though the Powertech did almost make it. From then on it takes two doses of 'Rampage' to down each generator, but I'm managing to keep everyone up. Male!Jugg is again running ahead and hardly DPSing, and female!Jugg stops for decent lengths of time. We down the last generator and I'm thinking the boss must be close to death... nope, still at 55%. That's right, 55% after all the generators are down.

We fight on but eventually the boss enrages and we wipe.

I ask if anyone needs a reminder of how the fight works. The male!Jugg, and I can't believe he said it, replied with "well maybe if you actually healed and not just AOE healed we'd get this". O_O He wasn't trolling, he was being serious. I literally ran into a true idiot. And his guildy was no better. I mean I would love to be able to just AOE heal that fight through to the boss enrage... oh wait, boss enrage... yeah, totally a healer fault >_>

I politely (since I didn't want to start a fight) pointed out that the boss is meant to be dead when we run out of generators, and definitely before the enrage. Female!Jugg replies with "So It's a DPS problem?" You think honey?

We hit it again and the first generator is smooth, but then the male!Jugg runs to one of the generators and tells the Tank to get over to him. The poor Tank does so just before sandstorm fires up and... it's not the right generator. The three of them stay at that generator up until a 'Rampage' at which point I type a "........" into chat, which wakes the Tank up and sees him move to the correct one. He sends me a whisper apologising, to which I replied with "it's alright, it's not a tank problem". When the final generator goes down Duneclaw is sitting at 35%. We manage to down him before the enrage hits, thank the Force.

On our way to the final boss the Tank asks the DPS to stop telling him how to tank, which gets a "******" from the male!Jugg and a 'we're not doing anything wrong it's your fault' from the female!Jugg.

During The Vigilant I don't think the Juggs realized there were adds... or that there were cores we needed to kill on the outer (upper) ring. They leapt off smacking the cores on the ground leaving the Tank and I to handle the adds and the upper ones. When we finally get The Vigilant down the Juggs need reminding to step out of the 'Spin' attack, but we get there.

I say thanks to the Tank and then scamper back to my Stronghold to calm myself with some interior decorating.

Czerka core meltdown HM.

PT tank, mara dps, sorc heal and myself as sniper dps.

Everything runs smoothly (if by smoothly you mean tank only holding aggro when his taunt is active, otherwise its on me the rest of the time, still no wipes, or even deaths thanks the the damn good healer). Guard remains on the healer. His rotation doesn't really do much on the aggro front either: open with dfa, run into melee (not jet charge, run) while spamming rapid shot, rocket punch, spam rapid shot until the end of the fight (switching target constantly).

We get to the bridge section, I think its after the 2 habitat bosses, not sure, where there's a pull of 3 strong and 1 standard. We all stand there, nothing happens. The mara asks what the delay is, no response from the tank. I start a cast of orbital strike, still nothing, during the pause between the cast and first tick, still nothing. My orbital strike ticks, mara and myself leap into action...tank, still nothing. OS ticks a second time at which point the tank attacks (by now theres only 1 strong left anyway).

After the fight the pt comes out with "lol, you like to pull?" I point out we were stood there waiting for a while, and he could have pulled at any time during my cast of the following delay. He comes out with "I was writing in guild chat". The healer asks him to explain the delay in future as none of us knew what was going on.

For the rest of the mission before every pull the tank stops and says "so *my name* you want to pull this too?" then would stand there doing nothing until I answered with "you go ahead". After the 4th time the mara speaks up. "Stop throwing f*cking tantrums and just pull." Well at least this got the tank moving, though according to the mara he started being abused in whisper.

Edited by BobFredJohn

HM Hammer Station on my Commando.

I was in healmode (36k HP) alongside a Shadow tank (40k HP) and two Sage DPS, one TK (37k HP) and one Balance (25k HP). We downed everything without any deaths, but the tank was a bit odd.

How odd? Well, SQUISHY odd. If I've got a decently-geared group, I can usually get away with keeping Trauma Probe on the tank, using Kolto Bomb on its cooldown, and DPSing otherwise, but this (fairly well-geared and properly specced/stanced) tank kept melting to 40%, forcing me to dump a bunch of heals on him. I whisper the TK sage and ask if the tank seems squishy to him; his response was that the tank DID seem squishy, which is why he'd been Force Armoring the tank. Much appreciated, but the tank was STILL squishy even with the absorption cushion up!

I checked the tank's stats, which were all right. I decided there must be something wrong with the rotation.

The tank never pulled from stealth for the Shadow Protection stacks, but whatever. I saw Harnessed Shadow procs coming up, and the tank certainly used Telekinetic Throw a lot, but somehow those Shadow Protection stacks never appeared. By the time we reached the first boss, I realized the tank was using TK Throw on its cooldown, meaning that he only had one or two stacks of Harnessed Shadows whenever he used it.

He started half-heartedly using TK Throw only with 3 stacks while fighting the boss, but he kept letting his stacks fall off and he stopped even trying on the upcoming trash anyhow.

The rest of the instance was pretty much like that. Tank never ran out of Kreshan's conal and kept running over to adds during that fight, causing the boss to start channeling the conal while facing into the DPS. Ah well, good DPS and my slightly distracted heals carried the day.

Bonus: on one of those pulls where three strongs spawn in when you pull the group...instead of pulling the group, the tank ran to the door that the strongs come in through and humped the wall for a few seconds until I mercifully grenaded one of the standards.

I understand everything you said. The thing is, the dps dont move when the sandstorm/green gen comes up, they just stay in one spot and keep dps'ing the boss, which means I have to get back into range and taunt. If I use the taunt and I am not close enough to the generator that would be a wasted taunt, an instant smash, and a ton of unnecessary healing for the healer. Of course I guard the highest dps geared player. My tank is in almost full 180s with about 44k hp, and because the dps group isnt moving, I don't want to use taunt, yet. Is there something I am missing here?

Here is what I do on my Jugg for that fight.

I guard a DPS of course and have Rule of Two so my speed is increased when they take damage which of course they will be for this phase.

Start of the fight I leap in, use saber reflect and use my high threat attacks. If for some reason I lose aggro before the fist sandstorm I use my single target taunt to get it back.

As soon as the sandstorm starts I throw my AoE taunt and run the the generator. The AoE taunt gives everyone else a small damage shield, boosts my threat, and assures that it will follow me for six seconds. Also it comes back in time to use it every storm. If the dps are in position you can intercede to them but thank to Rule of Two I'm usually there first. Then I turn around and beat on it till it rampages and after it breaks the generator I take it back to the middle.

So far that has not failed me.

Now I want to go to the Fleet and start recruiting people with a message like "LF3M for Esseles SM social run. 168+ gear, 3200+ DPS on the dummy required. Must be on Teamspeak!"

I've seen something along those lines. Sadly, don't remember exactly what it as, but yeah it was basically that but for Black Talon.

This past weekend during the "run flashpoints on alts for points" event, I had a really interesting HM Cademinu.

I was on my shadow tank, wearing a mix of 162/168. First off, the poor Scoundrel healer was woefully underskilled. The trash fights with 5+ mobs required me to use ALL my defensive cds. I don't think I've ever needed to use Deflection, Battle Readiness, a Medpack AND an Exotech Absorb adrenal all in the same trash fight, (even when soloing H4s). I manged to not die, while keeping the mobs off of the healer and dps.

I tried to delicately bring the issue up to the healer, but I didn't get any response. /le sigh

The Sentinel in the group was the other problem. When we hit the bonus boss, I discovered he was addicted to standing in bad.

He died FIVE TIMES during that fight. FIVE. Every single AOE. He wouldn't run out. I tried typing it in chat, no response. The AOE would kill him, he'd revive, run back to the fight (which was still going on), attack the boss, just to die in the next AOE. It went from annoying to amusing, actually. I guess his dps must have been pretty low, because we didn't really miss him all that much.

On Ortol, I was certain that we'd have troubles, so in addition to typing the instructions for the fight, I put myself on shackle duty. I positioned the boss, broke as many shackles as I could, and moved us around the room.

Within a minute, the Sentinel had already died from standing under the rocket exhaust. He wasn't shackled, he just didn't move. The healer tosses him a combat revive (wishful thinking) and on the very next rocket cycle he died again. I was watching closely this time. He didn't have any shackles, and the boss was running away from him (following me). Instead of running after the boss, he stood still and did a Saber Throw followed by a Twin Saber throw.

O.o

Of course, the rocket exhaust killed him right after that. We finished the fight without him.

Edited by Khevar

NiM KP, arranged via gen chat so not group finder per se.

As usual the 4 dps are spamming fleet for healers and tanks, but my Sorc has had EV and EC done for ages and damn I want that shiny black speederbike, so I agree to heal. We finally get a pair of tanks and most of the raid zones in, at which point I see the first tank. Pink sith (dark side with corruption showing) in Dramatic Extrovert set, already has the other healer guarded. Alarm bells deafening, stick finger in ear and wiggle around a bit, shake head to clear ringing.

On inspection, the horror intensifies. Defence chance around 11.5%, mostly stock 156 with accuracy and absorb. Out of curiosity I later asked that tank what their shield/absorb were - around 35% and 32%. They were squishy as hell, especially on Foreman Crusher.

The other tank, what can I say? Name was a single letter removed from Vader, which already told me a lot. Mouthy, tunnel-visioner in Eradicator shells, so far so predictable. No attempt to tank Sorno when Jarg leaps to the balcony, leaving our poor lightning sorc or marksman sniper face tanking instead. Fortunately the carboniser probes were dealt with in decent time, but it was still hell to heal during those phases.

Foreman Crusher, not-Vader calls the boss, pulls and parks him by a wall then promptly disconnects. Squishy UnderBoobTank takes FOREVER to taunt. The 2 marauderps completely ignore the adds, leaving them to pound on healers or lightning sorc. UnderBoobTank almost dies 4 or 5 times during frenzy and I'm desperately typing "adds", "kill the mother********* adds" in an attempt to get their attention with foul language. Finally Crusher dies and I breathe a sigh of relief. Surely the worst is over.

Oh wait, this is KP. I know what's next. *cry*

Yes, the stupid-killing derpblock that is Fabricator. I make futile attempts to marshall a sensible strat, but notVader has by now reconnected and pressed the starter button. He's doing ready checks, asking if we can get going. I finally have to put "NO! We are not even close to being ready" in raid chat to get him to shut up. One of the marauderps complains about being put on button duty as he "does current NiM content". I mollify him somewhat by pointing out it's hard enough to keep notVader and UnderBoobTank alive as it is without adding more melee. I eventually give up and tell him to go dps and that I will personally handle that button.

As it turned out, I was on the right button in the end, not the middle one. Each time we had the puzzle assembled, there followed 30s of "Get out of the black square", "Get on the stripes", "GET ON THE MOTHER******* STRIPES" before finally Extricating UnderBoobTank up onto the platform so I can hit the button without killing her. notVader is screaming at us to fire it, with apparently zero concept of where his co-tank is standing. He manages to die by standing in stupid himself, and then takes almost a minute to accept the combat res. I'm finally ready to fire for the fourth time when Fabricator dies and it takes all my self-control to simply type "nm" into chat instead of the heartfelt tirade I could feel hardening my arteries. Still, I got a Karagga's helm out of it.

The first pull with the cannons, both tanks go in and tunnel vision, so yours truly attracts healing aggro from an Eye of Karagga, gets yanked in and punted off the platform in less time than it takes to sigh brokenly. 2 Extricates later (yay edge of platform bug) and we're on our way to the big slug himself.

An explanation of the fight is given, including an oh-so-pretty line of purple tank markers to indicate the path the tank should take and extra care given to "just get to the edge of an oil patch, don't run all over the place". I should've saved myself the effort. The very first oil patch, notVader, who's decided he's tanking the boss, runs off in multiple random directions. The melee give chase, swinging wildly at the slugs rapidly receding nether regions. By the time we were finally done, my hair was in clumps and greyer than ever, and the nice neat line of oil patches was actually somewhat reminiscent of a starfish that's been brutally attacked with a half ton of bricks. The marauderps had given up trying to find a safe space to stand.

notVader's feeling pretty self-congratulatory and, of course, won the decoration item. I couldn't resist admitting in Ops chat that it was the single worst experience of that fight I had ever had. A couple of raid members thanked me for trying to give advice, however unheeded it had been. I just headed to the terminal to get my Nightscythe and decided I need to get in some XCOM time where at least the soldiers largely follow orders.....

Edited by CrazyGreggy

Had a Cad which I refer to as "A Mara and his bot". The group is a Mara and a Jugg tank, both from the same guild, along with an operative heals, and me on my sorc dps.

We start off and on the first trash, the mara jumps first followed by the tank jumping on the same target. That sets the stage for the rest of the run: mara always goes first, jugg follows, and both always attack the same target. After a while I begin to suspect that it's actually one person with two accounts with the mara always doing something first and the jugg doing a similar move a moment later. This means of course that mob aggro always goes to the heals and I'm trying to aoe things to grab aggro and we end each fight with jugg/mara almost untouched and me and the operative taking all the damage.

We make it to Ortol and heals and I have barely entered the room when twin sabers go flying at the boss, The two of us are still close together when the first shackles go out and it gets both of us. I type "s" in group chat and.....nothing. Then type "shackled" and.....nothing. By this time we're seeing smoke so I force pull our mara to me which breaks the shackles on me and the operative and both of us run for safety. Well, that got a response: "You're ranged you don't need to move"

For some reason pulling the mara really messed up the jugg who just stood there while the mara was typing his response. At the last moment mara stops moving and jugg uses his leap to the heals and we finish the fight with the mara smoking on the ground. Oddly enough, neither myself nor the operative offer a combat rez to the mara. I have to say, it was an interesting run. Not one I'd want to repeat, but interesting.

HM Atheiss

myself on my sniper, a sorc healer, jugg tank and sorc dps

Im the wierd 1 in this story, it was my first every Atheiss HM run.

Everything goes pretty well up until beast of Vodal. Tank pulls and we get going. However the tank is always facing the beast towards the group so everyone gets hit by the stuns/knockbacks. Ofc being mm sniper I just throw entrench on cd and im pretty much safe. However when I point this out to the tank he says he has to be on same side of boss as healer as the boss will block LOS. Now I feel abit bad for asking the tank to change what hes doing when hes actually doing it right so I apologised. The fight ended up as rather a shambles with the tank tunnel-visioning and me trying to pick adds with my grenade/supressive fire before they get to the healer (and often missing, I don't use supressive fire often so im not familiar with the delay).

My real derp moment came at prophet of Vodal. Second round of flames I get them, but I decide I will be really clever and use cover roll to make it easy. I stand somewhere clear and cover roll once they are near me, kite round until my debuff reads 3 seconds. Now I be really smart (or not). Evasion gives 100% dodge chance for 3 seconds, so I enter cover and switch on evasion then begin my dps. The silly flames sit on top of me and my 100% dodge does....nothing, I die instantly LMAO. I wont try that again.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Evasion gives 100% dodge chance for 3 seconds, so I enter cover and switch on evasion then begin my dps. The silly flames sit on top of me and my 100% dodge does....nothing, I die instantly LMAO. I wont try that again.

That's because it's only melee/range dodge, and the flames are (probably) Force damage. :3

However when I point this out to the tank he says he has to be on same side of boss as healer as the boss will block LOS. Now I feel abit bad for asking the tank to change what hes doing when hes actually doing it right so I apologised.

Except he's wrong. The beast does not block LoS any more than any other mob in the game. You can target through it just fine.

HM Atheiss

myself on my sniper, a sorc healer, jugg tank and sorc dps

Im the wierd 1 in this story, it was my first every Atheiss HM run.

Everything goes pretty well up until beast of Vodal. Tank pulls and we get going. However the tank is always facing the beast towards the group so everyone gets hit by the stuns/knockbacks. Ofc being mm sniper I just throw entrench on cd and im pretty much safe. However when I point this out to the tank he says he has to be on same side of boss as healer as the boss will block LOS. Now I feel abit bad for asking the tank to change what hes doing when hes actually doing it right so I apologised. The fight ended up as rather a shambles with the tank tunnel-visioning and me trying to pick adds with my grenade/supressive fire before they get to the healer (and often missing, I don't use supressive fire often so im not familiar with the delay).

The boss does not block LOS. The healer could stand directly behind it and still be able to heal the tank. The ideal position is for the tank to stand directly in the doorway behind the Beast so he doesn't get knocked around (in that place he'll just bounce off the sides of the doorway and basically not get moved at all). The healer and ranged DPS generally stand to the side of the boss so they can see the adds when they spawn.

As for the tank tunnel visioning the boss, that's pretty typical for a pug Juggernaut/Gaurdian on that fight. It's the job of the DPS to kill the adds quickly so they don't cause problems.

That's because it's only melee/range dodge, and the flames are (probably) Force damage. :3

Actually after 2.7 Evasion also gives 100% Force/Tech resistance while the Sniper is in cover.

Edited by Gardimuer

The boss does not block LOS. The healer could stand directly behind it and still be able to heal the tank. The ideal position is for the tank to stand directly in the doorway behind the Beast so he doesn't get knocked around (in that place he'll just bounce off the sides of the doorway and basically not get moved at all). The healer and ranged DPS generally stand to the side of the boss so they can see the adds when they spawn.

As for the tank tunnel visioning the boss, that's pretty typical for a pug Juggernaut/Gaurdian on that fight. It's the job of the DPS to kill the adds quickly so they don't cause problems.

Actually after 2.7 Evasion also gives 100% Force/Tech resistance while the Sniper is in cover.

Was reverted because it was gonna be OP

Stories from KDY on my mara:

Had a horrible one with 2dps from the same guild, and a healer from another. They tried doing full room clears and failed horribly. Not just at the holding cells, but also at the scenario where you destroy the 3 consoles. They were moving pretty fast, so it seemed like they knew what they were doing, but I could tell from their utter failure at room clears that they thought they were better than they actually are. All I can say is, thank goodness for force camo. They died repeatedly during both scenarios, and I managed to die only once at the console one.

How is it that some guilds just seem to have only horrible horrible players? Not talking new / inexperienced, just real nozzles.

Also, another thing I thought was strange. So the majority of my KDYs recently are 4 dps, and usually against other dps I'm holding aggro on champs and bosses. If I ever lose aggro to a dps, it's usually cuz they switched to tanking stance. So there was a jugg dps that was with us and was pretty good, and actually managed to hold aggro over me (also I had just switched to rage spec to try it out). So at Mr. Benes, I managed to get aggro before the first grenade. He throws grenades, and we all run to the console -- except the jugg. He was almost there, but stopped, 180d, and jumped to the boss. Naturally, aggro switched to him, and remained with him for the rest of the fight.

So, he ate a grenade just so he could be the one with aggro. Hrm.

What I hate is when people trash talk those that are not on TS. There was one case I saw a few months back where some guy was in TS but the guild that was running it thought he wasn't, was pretty funny when they all went silent after he made the announcement he could actually hear them all :D

In guild runs I have TS open with sound but not mic on, and I sometimes wonder if some people know I'm actually listening as well as reading that...