Gree pvp ganker heroes

DarthSmokealot

RANT ALERT - SICK OF THIS BS ......

what exactly makes a person so sad and lonely in their own life that they have to sit around in the top end pvp gear stopping other people from being able to complete the objectives in the pylon area of the GREE event ?

i appreciate its a pvp area , and if everyone was pvp'ing then it wouldnt be soo bad , but when there is 1 or even 2 groups of friends sitting around the objective killing everyone in their PVE gear quicker than you can hit force speed or stun or anything else .....

IF THEY ARE SOOO GREAT AT PVP .... WHY DONT THEY TRY AND PLAY ON A PVP SERVER ....

but in all fairness , its the dev's fault for rewarding them for it , even if its only valour they get , its easier valour ganking pve geared people trying to get rep than it is to que for a warzone against people that actually want to play pvp ......

the pvp side of the event SUCKS , it forces people to try and do thiings they dont want to do just to try and gain enough reputation to buy a legacy weapon or similar item , if the event was permanent , then there would be adequate time to farm the reputation and tokens from the pve dailies , but with the limited time people will be able to play over christmas , it means they have to try and get as much rep as they can when they are able, and to be totally honest , todays 3 hour long ganking session on every instance of ilum has made me not want to go back to ilum , as i dont feel it deserves my time , i think more people should be able to come and voice their complaints , but as you block the forum away from the F2P people , those who havent had enough time to earn enough wz comms etc to get pvp gear if they wanted to ..... it says YOU DONT WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT WE REALLY THINK

the last time i voiced my opinions about what i really think, i was given an infraction for telling the truth ... so i dont hold out much hope that anything gets dealt with honestly or properly anymore .....

and for those who want to know why i got an infraction , it because i had to rename one of my characters due to 'naming policy violation' yet there is many people with other lore names on my server , one guy even has the name i had to change ... and when i named their names , i was given an infraction.....

just so people are aware of how things are dealt with here

the pvp side of the event SUCKS , it forces people to try and do thiings they dont want to do just to try and gain enough reputation to buy a legacy weapon or similar item
While I am no fan of PvP, your mistake is that you seem to think the PvP quests are required.

They are 100% optional and absolutely everything from the event (except the PvP achievements) can be acquired with ZERO PvP.

Yeah, you can earn a few things faster by including the PvP Dailies, but with greater reward comes greater risk.

If you're not willing to deal with that risk, then you'll have to make do with a slower acquisition of rewards.

you must be one of them sad kids that sit an gank , all you read was what you wanted to see ....

i said i know its optional , but some of us players have LIVES and JOBS and REAL GIRLFRIENDS .....

we cannot sit and do every mission on 5 characters a day for the reputation .....

we have to get done what we can when we can , which means not a lot of time to play more often than not , so if we dont do the pvp missions , it means we will have to wait ANOTHER year to be able to get enough rep for a legacy weapon .... and all because of some sad individuals that think they are awesome ...... Ganking people that may as well be naked and unarmed for the amount of good their pve gear does them in that area .....

why not offer some pvp gear as rewards ? then those that do stick it out will be able to get something that is actually USEFUL form the gree event , useful for something other than ABUSING the collections system so they can send CARTEL CRYSTALS all around their 30 characters via the legacy weapons ....

THANKS AGAIN FOR THAT EAWARE

I hear you smokes, you may need to wait a bit longer for that weapon but it will mean that much more when you do get it. I don't PvP in this game but the only times I've survived that gree PvP mission was when I grouped up. I'm all for the PvP crowd patrolling the PvP areas, gotta give them some love too.

Creating a PvP area and shipping PvP quests (where you actually need to do PvP stuf like killing other players) is one thing. But Gree is another - both quests are actually PvE oriented. No words about necessity of killing other players. The Gree event is a perfect ground for Ganking - not PvP. PvE servers are more affected by this because there are more potential 'victims' and more potentially 'hunger' gankers.

Assuming that since its first appearance year ago almost nothing have changed, gank - is a part of initial design of this event. Not a coincidence. It appear developers in my eyes in not best light.

It also doesn't help that most world PVPers are essentially cowards.

I've yet to play an MMO where toons looking to PVP weren't either several levels higher and/or have you outnumbered, or attempted to flee when in equal numbers or of equal level. 90% of the time if you run across PVP enabled characters who are near or at your level and don't have you outnumbered, they try to run.

you must be one of them sad kids that sit an gank , all you read was what you wanted to see ....

i said i know its optional , but some of us players have LIVES and JOBS and REAL GIRLFRIENDS .....

we cannot sit and do every mission on 5 characters a day for the reputation .....

we have to get done what we can when we can , which means not a lot of time to play more often than not , so if we dont do the pvp missions , it means we will have to wait ANOTHER year to be able to get enough rep for a legacy weapon .... and all because of some sad individuals that think they are awesome ...... Ganking people that may as well be naked and unarmed for the amount of good their pve gear does them in that area .....

why not offer some pvp gear as rewards ? then those that do stick it out will be able to get something that is actually USEFUL form the gree event , useful for something other than ABUSING the collections system so they can send CARTEL CRYSTALS all around their 30 characters via the legacy weapons ....

THANKS AGAIN FOR THAT EAWARE

Duran'del here:

1. THESE ARE ENTIRELY OPTIONAL. I got to Legend with the Gree by doing one or the two PvP dailies the ENTIRE EVENT. You can do the event without ever heading into the PvP area.

2. You can only have up to 22 characters.

3. You don't get helix components via PvP, just heroics and Xeno, which makes your point invalid.

Edited by TheSupaCoopa