Nightmare Pilgrim should be an instance

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only had to deal with PvP for one boss, Urtagh, the giant Infected Bantha during the Rakghoul Pandemic on Tatooine. I remember going into Outlaw's Den and spending more time killing pubs than fighting the boss. That being said it was interesting to do PvPvE. Given that that once you've killed NP 3 times for the Vehicle Achievement and gotten the Campaign Boots there isn't much of a reason to do him, I suspect people will stop ganking Nightmare Pilgrim Ops by the time 1.4 comes out.

Since anyone without the Buff dies when they fight NP, I suspect that they need to add something to make it more painful for griefers. I'd just set the fight so it was like a Duel where no one could interfere or like the Infernal Council in EV where you're abilities didn't work when you had the debuff. That way griefers could watch but not interfere. And after we were done killing NP we could pwn the griefers!:D

I suspect people will stop ganking Nightmare Pilgrim Ops by the time 1.4 comes out.

Technically, you're most likely right, but as 1.4 most likely won't be for a good while, they'll probably stop before it even arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

the problem is a never ending fight, if some teams of each faction want to do the worldboss at the same time.

The solution which we can find in other games (i think on wow) is quite smart. place the boss in an instance which is part of an open world pvp area and the player get access if they reach some objectives to control that area. Once you control this area the other faction can't recapture it for one or two hours.

Edited by Messiaah

It's a world boss. That's why it's fun.

This argument confuses me. :confused:

I asked this before in another thread dont think anyone answered me so ill ask again.

How is it fun to schedule a raid with your guild. Get everyone there. Make sure everyone has the alphawave inhibitor. Then have another guild run up and ninja the stone? Or have another guild start attacking and get you all wiped instantly. Wheres the fun in that? You cant retaliate against it can you? No way to get back at them? No challenge involved on either side. if they're gonna make it like that they should get rid of the one shot ability the mob has and make it so that anyone who attacks the pilgrim becomes PvP flagged. or make it so that if a group of the same faction jumps in it becomes a contribution race whoever does the most damage gets credit for the kill.

Given that that once you've killed NP 3 times for the Vehicle Achievement and gotten the Campaign Boots there isn't much of a reason to do him, I suspect people will stop ganking Nightmare Pilgrim Ops by the time 1.4 comes out.

+50 main-stat buff for 5h is a pretty good reason to kill that boss...

Does that buff last through death like a proto stim?

I think so, yeah.

But it still works a bit different compared to stims.

It's 5h in total.

So it means if you kill the NP at 6PM the buff runs out at 11PM whether you are logged in or not.

We did this last night. An opposing faction was attacking NP. The dudes were flagged for PVp. So my buddy sent in there and aoe taunted to take less damage. This pulled the boss and killed him instantly, but then they all got mad and said they were reporting bla bla bla.

My thought was, don't be flagged for PVp when fighting an open world boss.

We did this last night. An opposing faction was attacking NP. The dudes were flagged for PVp. So my buddy sent in there and aoe taunted to take less damage. This pulled the boss and killed him instantly, but then they all got mad and said they were reporting bla bla bla.

My thought was, don't be flagged for PVp when fighting an open world boss.

BW won't do anything about that. It is a contested zone, open world, etc. This was their design intention.

As mentioned in the multiple previous threads, Nightmare Pilgrim is only an issue for same faction griefing. One person can wipe the entire raid repeatedly.

BW won't do anything about that. It is a contested zone, open world, etc. This was their design intention.

As mentioned in the multiple previous threads, Nightmare Pilgrim is only an issue for same faction griefing. One person can wipe the entire raid repeatedly.

Not on a pvp server.

It is not fun to use thirty daily comms and get wiped by one or two dudes.

This is my problem with the Nightmare Pilgrim. Well, one of them anyway. I don't mind world bosses, but when you require raiders to spend the comms just for your attempts to be griefed, it sucks the fun right out of it.

The whole one shot mechanic just needs to be completely removed. Its too easy to exploit.

I mean as other people mentioned earlier about racing other guilds to click on the stone? Well what if the guild your racing doesnt like the fact that you got to it first? Then they just attack the mobs and everyone dies. oh yes thats a boat load of fun right there :rolleyes:

The fact that people can still wipe you even on PvE servers is utter garbage. We rolled on PvE servers so we wouldn't have to deal with that crap while we were running PvE content. Bioware said "screw that" and decided people could troll you at your PvE bosses regardless of server type. It's far too easy to simply taunt him and mess up the encounter, especially for stealthers. Something needs to be done.

That's the point of having an open world boss. Deal with it.

What?! How is that even a valid argument? If you were actually FIGHTING over the kill then I would agree. But there is no fighting. If even ONE extra person attacks the boss outside of your raid group the boss will insta kill everyone. That makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it. The only people who benefit from this feature are trolls and griefers who have nothing better to do.

What?! How is that even a valid argument? If you were actually FIGHTING over the kill then I would agree. But there is no fighting. If even ONE extra person attacks the boss outside of your raid group the boss will insta kill everyone. That makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it. The only people who benefit from this feature are trolls and griefers who have nothing better to do.

As the last person said ... deal with it. Our guild has tremendous fun with the boss every week. Many guilds compete over the kill, both Reps and Imps, sometimes we sabotage others, sometimes they do that with us, we almost always end up being victorious. This reset it was hilarious - one bad Imp guild couldn't kill it due to enrages/dps being crappy, so while they were recovering, we quickly pulled and killed it. We even had some Reps sabotaging our healer group.

In other words, please do not listen to whiners, it's just ONE boss, it isn't even necessary to kill if you want the best gear, tbh. There's plenty of instanced bosses, Piligrim is just ONE. If you can't deal with its issues, don't do it, it's as simple as that.

As the last person said ... deal with it. Our guild has tremendous fun with the boss every week. Many guilds compete over the kill, both Reps and Imps, sometimes we sabotage others, sometimes they do that with us, we almost always end up being victorious. This reset it was hilarious - one bad Imp guild couldn't kill it due to enrages/dps being crappy, so while they were recovering, we quickly pulled and killed it. We even had some Reps sabotaging our healer group.

In other words, please do not listen to whiners, it's just ONE boss, it isn't even necessary to kill if you want the best gear, tbh. There's plenty of instanced bosses, Piligrim is just ONE. If you can't deal with its issues, don't do it, it's as simple as that.

So you dont think that the encounter would be more fun if you were actually competing for the kill in a real way? For example Auto PvP flagging when you attack them. Or through a contribution point system? You honestly think its more fun to just get one shotted when one player outside your group from EITHER faction attacks the mobs?