PvE titles? What!?

As a progression guild the one thing you want to see and boast about is your gear, mounts, and TITLES! Having downed Hardmode Soa a week ago, i was expecting some sort of title. Nada. Tonight, we downed Nightmare Soa. Any title? Nada. So why in the world does every little thing in the game have a title, yet the biggest thing next to PvP (who oh, has their titles) doesn't have one single title to prove, hey we effing did this! Completing a Nightmare mode of any end game boss should deserve a title of some sort. For the amount of titles I have is ridiculous and not one is based on what I progress (and others) in the game.

As a progression guild the one thing you want to see and boast about is your gear, mounts, and TITLES! Having downed Hardmode Soa a week ago, i was expecting some sort of title. Nada. Tonight, we downed Nightmare Soa. Any title? Nada. So why in the world does every little thing in the game have a title, yet the biggest thing next to PvP (who oh, has their titles) doesn't have one single title to prove, hey we effing did this! Completing a Nightmare mode of any end game boss should deserve a title of some sort. For the amount of titles I have is ridiculous and not one is based on what I progress (and others) in the game.

Ehh, I don't have that many titles tbh. They removed a lot of the pointless ones you got for completing the planets in beta and left only the story related ones.

So far I have: 2 titles from Black Talon, 3 from my class quest chain, 1 (out of 3 possible iirc) from the space minigame and 2 (out of 3) from my alignment. (might have missed a few, but nothing major)

If they'd add a title for each operation it would get out of hand real fast, not to mention that in 6months probably nobody will still be using those titles. The problem is made even worse by having 3 difficulty modes, if you only add titles for Nightmare that'd be unfair to the more casual people that complete Hard Mode while adding titles for both Hard Mode and Nightmare will result in title overload again (not to mention adding titles for normal mode...).

I'm not against adding titles to raids but I don't see the point of making up stupid titles just so every raid/difficulty combination can have its title. If they add a title it should imho be one that is desirable for itself, so the title is a goal by itself, not just a way to show of what you've accomplished.

Edited by MareLooke

As a progression guild the one thing you want to see and boast about is your gear, mounts, and TITLES!

Actually, as a member of a progression guild, the one thing I want to see is more FPs and operations. Let's generically group it under the "more content" heading.

If Bioware came out with a "woo, supa-dupa awsum playa who completed a HM/NM FP" title instead of a new FP, I might not be satisfied.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

Actually, as a member of a progression guild, the one thing I want to see is more FPs and operations. Let's generically group it under the "more content" heading.

If Bioware came out with a "woo, supa-dupa awsum playa who completed a HM/NM FP" title instead of a new FP, I might not be satisfied.

Actually, as a member of a progression guild, the one thing I want to see is all the bugs in the EV, Kraggas, FIXED before they release more buggy and unfinished content which sucks and drops useless loot for classes who cant use them.

AND FIX RAKATA WEAPONS BIOWARE FFS

I know what your saying. More content the better. But yet when you have a title for space combat, 10 titles for pvp, 10 titles for social, titles for flashpoints, but they have not one for any type of Operation and that is more of the *** why was that left out?

Especially when your trying to go for server firsts and you have no way to tell who got it and can back it up, it's something you want as a competitive guild. (no achievements and titles) Only a mount.

If they'd add a title for each operation it would get out of hand real fast, not to mention that in 6months probably nobody will still be using those titles. The problem is made even worse by having 3 difficulty modes, if you only add titles for Nightmare that'd be unfair to the more casual people that complete Hard Mode while adding titles for both Hard Mode and Nightmare will result in title overload again (not to mention adding titles for normal mode...).

That's what you do with raiding titles, you wear it while it's relevant, then you wear the next tier's once you down that. I see no problem with that. Having 3 difficulty modes is not a problem, it's a necessity. It gives each level of player ability something to accomplish. Also, what's unfair about giving a different title to someone who completed a raid on nightmare compared to someone who only did it on normal? Nightmare guild did something harder, they deserve extra rewards. Does that not seem reasonable to you?

I want titles too, because I would wear the title for downing Soa or Soa hard, etc. beacuse not many people on my server have done that yet and it would be worth boasting about. I think my character looks pretty sweet in his raid gear already, so that's one way to show it off, but its always cool when you have a title like that and its unique and someone asks you where you got it and youre like Hardmode Soa or w.e. It's okay that they go out of date with each new operation because then you can show all the noobs a year from now, hey Ive still got all these titles for every operation since launch. Plus, they give the PvP titles, is it every 10 levels? And I have a title for most of the flashpoints ive done. That alone should qualify operations for giving titles, which are like big flashpoints. I dont wear any of my titles right now cuz none of them I am extremely proud of, and the founder title is gunna be not cool for the first couple months while everyone has it. A bad***** title for killing regular/hard/nightmare operations would be perfect. :cool:

"If they'd add a title for each operation it would get out of hand real fast, not to mention that in 6months probably nobody will still be using those titles."

I never EVER took my Sergeant Major title off on my WoW Druid. Ever. I wore it as a badge of honor for being a Vanilla Druid. My point is that if this game runs a long time, wearing a title from the first few months of its release would be such a badge of honor.

I wish there were a lot of titles. A lot more than now. Even pointless ones. They don't harm anyone, dunno why people get all up in arms over them. So what if completing every FP gave you a title? Display it if you like, don't if you don't.

Its not a big deal. I doubt that many people really notice what title each and every person are displaying at all times. Its something cool to aim for if you want and it doesn't hurt anything if you don't.

I wish we had more.

That's what you do with raiding titles, you wear it while it's relevant, then you wear the next tier's once you down that. I see no problem with that. Having 3 difficulty modes is not a problem, it's a necessity. It gives each level of player ability something to accomplish. Also, what's unfair about giving a different title to someone who completed a raid on nightmare compared to someone who only did it on normal? Nightmare guild did something harder, they deserve extra rewards. Does that not seem reasonable to you?

It's not a matter of reasonable, it's a matter of pointless. There's already the gear and the prestige, that was always enough for me. Anyway, I'm not against rewarding people visually for their achievements, but I don't think every raid needs 2-3 titles that become useless in a month (I mean, the game's only been out a month and Soa NMM has been beaten by how many guilds already?)

"If they'd add a title for each operation it would get out of hand real fast, not to mention that in 6months probably nobody will still be using those titles."

I never EVER took my Sergeant Major title off on my WoW Druid. Ever. I wore it as a badge of honor for being a Vanilla Druid. My point is that if this game runs a long time, wearing a title from the first few months of its release would be such a badge of honor.

That's because those became unavailable and usually required loads of work, the same happened to Champion of the Naaru and Hand of A'dal. There's few titles that carry as much prestige as those because they could no longer be acquired once their content became trivialized unlike all the others (Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Twilight Vanquisher, Kingslayer, Starcaller,...) that only mean something when you take the date at which they are acquired into account.

Anyway, imho ymmv.