The Grand Acquisitions Race World Event walkthrough from dulfy

Iwipe

Hey everyone, with all the buzz and hints from Bioware, I am sure alot of you are aware that there is a world event going on right now. If you are just jumping into it, you might find the whole event a bit overwhelming. I stayed up a bit late to do the world event and have a walkthrough here for those just starting or those stuck on some particular quests.

Lets answer some important questions first!

:rak_02: Important Dev posts

:rak_02:What new quest is unlocked today?

:rak_02:Where?

Just head to Nar Shadda (don't need to go to the fleet), take speeder from spaceport to Lower Promenade, find that big fat gold hutt statue and the quest giver (it is an object you have to click) is right there.

:rak_02:When?

The world event started on 3AM EST or Midnight PST on August 14. All the quest unlocks will be completed by Aug 17, friday but the event will not end then. End date have not being announced yet but expect at least to last another week

:rak_02:What level do I need to be to participate?

If you can defeat mobs in Nar Shaddaa, then you are high enough to do this world event. if you are a bit low, then consider grouping up with some people!

:rak_02:How do I get item X?

Getting each item involves a quest. There are 6 quests you can complete right now and 3 that are unavailable at the moment.

Empire

Republic

:rak_02:What is this thingie I got in the mail?

That is a side quest that give you 40 Tokens of Enrichment upon completion.

The writeup for Empire version - A questionable motive - is up right now and Republic's Dubious motive

:rak_02:Where can i spend those Tokens of Enrichment?

http://dulfy.net/2012/08/13/swtor-live-event-chevin-grand-acquisitions-race-coverage/#rewards

Basically, 6 rilfes (some sniper, some blaster), a 90% mount, a sandpeople outfit (you can see the screenshots inside), a pet

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H

:rak_02:How do I get item X?

Getting each item involves a quest. There are 6 quests you can complete right now and 3 that are unavailable at the moment.

Empire

Republic

Is this right? The Empire can find 3 more items (now) than Republic?

Great stuff Duffy, per usual. I stayed up as long as I could trying to work things out for myself... finally had to give in about 6am this morning.

My question to you is simply, do you sleep at all? Ever? :D

Edited by Rafaman

How long will this event last? I don't remember how long the last one did. I'm going to be out of town for several days on a family vacation. I have to pack tonight and may not be able to get on. I won't be back until next Tuesday. I hope I don't completely miss it.

Oh hai!

Republic version is complete now as well, happy questing, will add in the rewards soonish :D

TY for this, first of all.

second of all, think you can add a list of the in-game clues that point to some of these? Like the note on the body in the DK spaceport, etc. Just because it would be neat to know :p

I haven't been online yet (at work) so I haven't seen the event, or rewards yet. Are there really Bind to Legacy weapons? That would be pretty sweet.

I'm also wondering if anyone has seen the speeder yet. The tiny icon makes it look somewhat "movie speeder" ish, if you get my meaning. Any pics?

Also...thanks to Dulfy!