1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 things that are more useful than SWTOR's 1st Year Anniversary gift of In-Game Fireworks:

10 - A cat blinking at you coldly

9 - A chewing-gum wrapper

8 - A used-up glowstick

7 - An AOL-Install disk from the 90's

6 - A dried-up permanent marker

5 - Expired pancake mix

4 - A key to an unknown lock

3 - Ketchup lid crust

2 - A single shoe insole

And the Number One thing that is more useful than SWTOR's 1st Year Anniversary gift of In-Game Fireworks:

LINT!

They haven't said anywhere that this is all that's going on for the anniversary/holiday season. There's some sort of Life Day thing happening in the game, I think?

You guys are silly for assuming that fireworks are definitively all there is to all of this. I bet there's more to come.

Complimentary pet, mount, piece of gear ( no stats just shell ), a title, etc. and ONLY for subs then maybe we have something to talk about.

I am just waiting for all the threads about how massive setting off of fireworks on the fleet or some other high pop area will kill the graphics engine and cause people to lag out and or DC ( at leat for us nVidia Card owners ). :rolleyes:

^ this. Even DCUO's 1 year anniversary gave us a neat looking cape (which is a style piece!) but fireworks? Bah.

Edited by Timarick

Wow, almost a year and chat bubbles are still missing from the game. You should work on them instead of wasting time making fireworks and Wookiee Life Day stuff. What's use is Wookiee Life Day stuff without playable Wookiees anyway?

That is an awesome thread - and an amazing indictment of the management and development teams.

The game is approaching one year of age and there is still no trace of the promised "chat bubbles are a high-priority feature for launch or shortly thereafter" is nowhere in sight. A sad testament. :(

Chat bubbles are nigh-impossible to create, apparently they take more man-hours to get working than a successful manned mission to Mars.

Fireworks... lol

Funny how people dont get news like this in their EMAIL even tho they have signed up for updates in account...

Fireworks eh? uhm weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee im so happy and full of joy now, my life is so complete now that EA & Bioware gives me FIREWORKS in SWTOR!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....

One thing EA & BioWare can learn, make events and if they dont know what it means, then google it!!!(type in any MMO game name and event in google)

Take other MMO games, there you find that players enjoy the game more because there are events.

I could tell all about how UO had amazing events, oh and this was Before EA bought it... lol also, EQ and MxO ect.. i could go on, but, im sure someone within SWTOR can see what i mean.

I know, it's a lost hope, but, im allowed to have that tiny 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001% hope.

:mad:Really SWTOR?? This is all I get for suscribing for a Year, this is all I get for playing since beta testing, really? A couple of fireworks? Come on the least you could do would be to give all the subs a couple thousand cartel coins or something big from the cartel market. I mean even Star trek online got a cool thing from their member reward program, something that they could use. Really SWTOR this is an insult.:mad:

Wow, almost a year and chat bubbles are still missing from the game. You should work on them instead of wasting time making fireworks and Wookiee Life Day stuff. What's use is Wookiee Life Day stuff without playable Wookiees anyway?

They won't give us chat bubbles anytime soon. Reason ? Performance issues.

That's right, you've read it correctly.

Chat bubbles reduce framerate drastically. The engine is that terrible.

December 20th marks the 1st Anniversary of the official launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! To thank our community for their continued support throughout this memorable first year, we’re happy to announce that all players with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST will receive 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Fireworks will be delivered via in-game mail on December 11, 2012 to all qualifying players.

Read More

Screw you fireworks. Give me AMD Crossfire support.

Edited by Rogoo

so instead of give us a stack of 25 why not just make it like the party jawa were it has unlimted uses :rolleyes:

ya but for the subs that have been with the game for a year so we can brag how cool we are. It would show that bioware loves the long trem subs

:wea_09: lvl 50 sniper

:wea_01: lvl 50 sin tank

:csw_blaster: lvl 50 slinger

I'm overcome with excitement.. :confused:

Overcome with disappointment would be more like it...

Here for part of beta and then pre-launch...

Here through forced server moves, countless bugs (most of which still exist) daily crashes (no solution given for this issue)...i could go on, but why bother...

When I logged in and saw the fireworks announcement all I could do was sigh and say "REALLY?!"

Don't get me wrong, I love this game or I wouldn't still be here. But this so called reward felt more like an insult to me. The faithful that have been here since pre-launch and before....surely we are worth more than fireworks that are going to cause crashes and horrific lag.

Give us speeders, titles, color crystals....but fireworks?!!?!! REALLY!???

This is a terrible idea. But whatever, I don't "expect" or "deserve" something decent for playing since the start, so I don't really care.

Gonna be interesting to see all the graphics-lag complaints hit the forums though...

Seriously though, you want to REWARD players? Give us a Campain Mainhand token for each char we have at lvl 50.

Edited by Gemin

I f we had chat bubbles and could talk to other players maybe something like this would be fun. As it stands, there is no community and zero player interaction. This is still a single player game with the possibility of an mmo.

*** was the idea behind the face emotes? YOU NEVER SEE ANOTHER PLAYER UP CLOSE ENOUGH TO USE THEM! Why? Because the only way to talk to another player is a little box wich no one looks at and shouts across the entire planet.

If I am standing next to someone and ask them a question, or vice versa, what is the chance they or I will even see it? None. Bad, bad, bad design.

Chat bubbles will reduce performance?!?!?! Really?! If that is even remotely true then this game is doomed.

To come out with a game, in this day and age, with the Star Wars IP, and not be able to include the most basic functions is just *insert any term you like*.

I f we had chat bubbles and could talk to other players maybe something like this would be fun. As it stands, there is no community and zero player interaction. This is still a single player game with the possibility of an mmo.

*** was the idea behind the face emotes? YOU NEVER SEE ANOTHER PLAYER UP CLOSE ENOUGH TO USE THEM! Why? Because the only way to talk to another player is a little box wich no one looks at and shouts across the entire planet.

If I am standing next to someone and ask them a question, or vice versa, what is the chance they or I will even see it? None. Bad, bad, bad design.

Chat bubbles will reduce performance?!?!?! Really?! If that is even remotely true then this game is doomed.

To come out with a game, in this day and age, with the Star Wars IP, and not be able to include the most basic functions is just *insert any term you like*.

Why would the word "what" turn into ***?