Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

What is kind of a worry is when the tank and dps dies in a boss fight and me healing a single dps are able too finish off the remaining boss fight with less trouble than me keeping the tank healed.

I am begining to find many tanks lacking in gear lvl for the content or lacking in tanking knowledge. Most of my ignore list is made up of tanks as is my friends list made up with all the great tanks.

It is annoying as a healer sometimes as any wipe is automatically blamed on you.

Had a lvl55 Maruader abuse me the other night for the wipes on Hammer Station bonus boss, cause it is not like him only having 800 max "buffed" damage stat and blue/green gear had anything to do with it. Even my full healer specced merc has 1350 max damage stat. Fight went so long i ended up running into heat management issues as i tried to keep tank alive through the boss enrage. So this "dps" Maruader abuses me then drops group, we reque and within 5mins pick up a new dps. Killed the boss first try in half the time as before.

Gonna keep on running healer merc and am currently leveling up a Sin Tank.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will still wipe on some occasions if someone makes a huge mistake, but for a good focused group these are far too easy. I can't wait for some NiM and proper challenge.

Your entire post can be best summed up by saying, "When we were appropriate geared for the content, it was hard and fun. Now that we're overgeared, it's no longer hard and fun." *That's the entire point of gearing up". Complaining that it's too easy because you're a tier and a half above what it's actually designed for is like complaining that NiM KP/EV was too easy and should have been buffed up whenever everyone was running around in BH gear pretty much as soon as they hit 50. The content is designed for a specific level of gear. If you're geared above that, you really don't have the right to complain about it being too easy.

Now, you *could* make the argument that we need new tier 2 FPs, but that's a bit different than NiM FPs, especially since they've pretty much demonstrated with LI that they want tier 2 FPs (which drop Ops gear, functionally) to be set up as something of a mini-operation so they are pretty much required to be mechanically intensive. There are a number of things they could tweak with the current and old FPs to make them tier 2 viable (ex: on the Beastmaster in Mando Raiders, have all of the enemies apply a stacking DoT like the DG in TfB do so that you are *forced* to do some target swapping, and, because all of the enemies have threat drops, it could be done without any alt-tanks; conversely, have the dogs generate an increasing damage buff over the course of the fight until they spend 10 consecutive seconds in the boss's bonus damage aura and have the buffs stack so that you have to choose between major spikes and consistently high damage), but just cranking up the numbers (like was done with KP and EV) doesn't really solve anything since they'll *still* be too easy at some point (i.e. when you no longer need the gear that drops from them) since they're not mechanically challenging. The hardness of most of the NiM modes wasn't in the numbers: it was in the unforgiving mechanics.

You are right of course. But I do not think you need super-unforgiving mechanics that kill the whole group if one person makes a mistake (like EC HM/NiM) to make FP's challenging. I do not also need to have gear drop that is actually useful to me to do FP's I can do them for fun or to play for other people. I am just trying to say we need FP's that are still challenging to people who do ops and have gear from them. As we can't do more ops due to lockouts. Of course you can say we need to make ourselves ALT's and many people do, but at some point they are all going to be overgeared as well. In my case full 69 gear (apart form MH of course) was about two evenings of doing FP's - from your standpoint I do not have reason to do them any more on this character.

Didn't read much of the thread, but my friend & I duoed Hammer Station and Cademimu wearing full PvP gear (so only 63-65 stuff) using a companion tank equipped with crafted... Scoundrel healer, Commando DPS, companion tank and dps.

Some of the bosses like the first in Hammer and the Wookie in Cademimu were pretty intense healing but not too hard. Most of the 55 HM bosses don't actually do much damage and are insanely easy to heal as long as you avoid their mechanics (scorch etc in hammer, first and last bosses in Cad...)

I can heal them on my sage in 61s. It's very easy once u know the cleanses. Stop trying to make this game easier the it already is. I remember when me and my guild hit 50 and we did Esseles on HM and got our *********** **** rocked.

I can heal them on my sage in 61s. It's very easy once u know the cleanses. Stop trying to make this game easier the it already is. I remember when me and my guild hit 50 and we did Esseles on HM and got our *********** **** rocked.

True. Plenty of people clearing HM Athiss and Hammer Station in 61s with a piece or two of 58s.

As a healer main the first time I stepped into the new 55 FPs I did notice some interesting mechanics compared to the previous FPs, e.g. need to cleanse, healers pull more aggro etc...

I loved that fact a lone we have to use a Cure felt like a OPS .. and Aggro love that to makes the tank work.

Edited by tanktest

THis thread made me think healing HM FPs would be unpossible without gear. Full Columi with 2 pieces of Basic and I healed 3 HM FPs without a single issue. Every single one had a tank in 61s or so with 25-27k HP. They aren't that hard...

I was healing our guildie tank in 63's. At first I also thought it was hard as he was taking a lot of damage at times, especially early on in the pull.

But then he noticed he didn't had the correct stance. After that it was easy peasy.

dont think the issue is as much as the healing but rather how much gear has progressed now over our level. in the level 50 hm everyone started with 49/50 mods. in the level 55 hm players minimally go in with level 61 to 66.

i would like to see if the 55 hm would be doable in 55 columni which would put them on the same level as the 50 ones starting level gear wise. but that gear isnt no longer available.

the argument could be made that the 55 hms are made with this gear discrepancy in mind. but then just how accurate is this if so.

dont think the issue is as much as the healing but rather how much gear has progressed now over our level. in the level 50 hm everyone started with 49/50 mods. in the level 55 hm players minimally go in with level 61 to 66.

i would like to see if the 55 hm would be doable in 55 columni which would put them on the same level as the 50 ones starting level gear wise. but that gear isnt no longer available.

the argument could be made that the 55 hms are made with this gear discrepancy in mind. but then just how accurate is this if so.

It is doable as a healer in full Columni. Additionally we didn't start with Columni or even Tionese when I first went into 50HMs in 1.0. We had questing gear and some normal 50 FP gear.

Before 55 lvl FPs, a well geared healer could help keep up an ok geared Tank. Now the tank has to be ridiculously almost over geared for the two to stand a chance. I am referring to the DOTs that need to be cleansed in fight like the first boss in Hammer Station, the last boss in Athiss and the last boss in Mandalorian Raiders.

WAAAHHHH WAHHHH I have to use more than 3 buttons and pay attention to more than that little bar that goes up and down WAAHH WAHHH

I have been in far too many FPs where even healers in full 69's quit because of far too many wipes.

WAAAAAAH WAHHHHH I run with baddies.

The only boss I can think of that you can't get away with weak gear is the bonus boss in Hammer Station, and even that yesterday I beat him when he enraged at 4% (our DPS was very weak). Well, the bonus boss in Athiss is tough too if he clips himself into the wall which prevents you from interrupting his special move, but I assume that's not supposed to be an intended part of the difficulty. Edited by Astarica

OP might also be running with tanks that are high in endurance and low in mitigation, or not managing defensive cooldowns effectively. For shadows at least, the Black Market Comm gear is pretty much trash. The way to really gear is to optimize for mitigation, not maximum health. I did this on my Shadow, went from 37k HP to 33k HP, and things got much easier because I wasn't taking near as much damage.

I promise you, those 69 geared healers rage quitting are not the good ones. A skilled 69 geared healer with low latency should be able to keep everyone topped off a majority of the time, or close to it. Try mezzing a couple of elites if things are too rough.

I can keep up a bad group fine, but when players are truely terrible.. such as one tank on final boss of athiss who insisted a strat was to stand in a purple circle and tank the boss so more purple circles would be in one place and not spread around the chamber for instance ... I can't keep up stupid to the point of fail.

sometimes i feel like i should just go dps and pew pew and not have to work hard sometimes.. i run torparse and I have to have HPS in the 3k to 4k range generally while the dps doesn't even break 1500 DPS. it does feel a bit unfair that I have to put up three times the numbers that the dps does in order to succeed. I've hit 5k or more HPS on some trash pulls just to keep the group up and rolling.

i'd just like to see the group working as hard as I am and there's where I don't feel the HM's are tuned properly. it's not that they're hard.. it's just the effort required out of healers is, according to the parse numbers, three times that of the tank or dps.

if i have to work three times as hard.. i should get three times the rewards but that's not the case

Edited by Feztonio

^^ Agree with this.

The Healers typically have the hardest time in the new FPs as you see an awful lot of people rush into trash mobs and know that you have managed to keep them up last time that you will keep them up this time.

Every now and again I should let the party wipe to prove a point. My healer typically pulls 2.5-3k healing on a single target and can get up to ridiculous numbers (5k+) on trash mobs if everyone is in my puddle. But to have to hit every cooldown correctly because of the amount of dmg people take means I cannot make a mistake. Bioware gave you defensive cooldowns, interrupts and stuns for a reason.....use them!!!

I ran through 3 level 55 HM falshpoints as a scoundrel healer the other night with some pretty nice people. It was my first time going through them. 1 of the flashpoints i didn't see the tactics online for, but they were happy to explain. There were only 2 deaths, 1 where i was silly and got knocked off the edge in hammer station [they were able to live till i got back as well] and the other where a dps suddenly got hit by lots of enemies at once. 2 seconds and he was down, nothing i could really do. I didn't even get the time to target him.

Yes we did each of the bonus bosses. Each fp we got was different from the last, only one i didn't get to do was Athiss. This was with a group of people i didn't know previously. It was..pretty fun. c: I had no problems. Except for the fact that only heavy armor dropped each fp, mostly aim, a tiny bit of strength.

Note I wasn't geared all the way. I might have had a few 58 mods, headpiece was 61, and i had a fair amount of 63 mods i had bought, but not all purples. I don't think they are..that hard myself. But i might have just lucked out with a nice tank c:

It is not, but Rakata gear is available for very cheap at the planetary com vendor on Makeb.

Also the main hand weapon for 85 basic token is a steal, even though you'll need reputation to unlock it.

I'm seeing things from a tank perspective, but if the healer can go afk to get a beer out of the fridge during the mining Droid and Battle Lord Kreshan when I'm in full still in level 50 gear doesn't feel that ludicrously hard.

Bonus bosses actually all deal quite a chunk of damage to the tank, but this seems to be intended and sone of them actually do nothing else at all.

I don't think they are..that hard myself. But i might have just lucked out with a nice tank c:
They are not that hard, at least with a decent group. You get with a group that knows positioning, uses cooldowns, interrupts, kill order and basically knows their rotations and these are a breeze to heal. Get with a group that knows nothing and they are a utter pain in the you know what. That goes for anything in the game. A good group makes average look like world beaters. I know my regular group makes my healer look extremely good. I have to beg them to random pull, not use cooldowns or to not use aggro dumps just so I can have a little excitement. Edited by mikebevo

they're not hard at all.. they just require the healers to do the lion's share of the work, while the tank just has to hold aggro and the dps get to stand in all the fire, ignore cc and interrupts and run behind things breaking my heals LOS. then they always seem to get the drops, even needing and winning a roll on an upgrade for me (cunning) when they're a commando dps - on the grounds of "well the enhancement is an upgrade for me" lol

perhaps I'm jaded from months of carrying all the pugs :)

Welcome to level 55 flashpoints.

Enter the BAD GROUP.

1. Tank leaps to everything, never asks for a cc

2. Dps get agro and die.

3. Healer is forced to constantly hit shield and de-agro

4. Group genius votes to kick healer from group

5. Healer puts all group members on ignore

6. Healer re-ques and completes the flashpoint in 20 minutes with competent group

I have succesfully healed a pug Hammer Station HM with my merc healer even when he was mainly in stock columi gear with 2 pieces of black hole and campaign MH & OH.

I had to use my cooldowns a lot and had previous experience about the place but still the point is if you and more importantly the other people know what they are supposed to do & utilize their cooldowns well you can do it even naked.

In fact I tanked everything until 1st boss on my guardian with no armour, except belt because I still wanted to be classy yet naked, on :D

So yeh, like others mentioned the actual difficulty of the FP depends on the team in it.

Edited by Davionix

Snip. The deadliest enemy packs are probably the 5 dogs in Cademimu or 5 droids in Athiss. snip*.

I'm reading this thread and this is "Droids in Athiss" idea keeps popping up. What droids in Aithiss? I've done that FP 55 HM a few times and never come across any droids at all in that FP am i missing something?