Darth Malgus isn't strongest Sith after Emperor

djmt

Darth Jadus is. Here is why ;

At the last quest of Imperial Agent's act 1 , a fellow agent who helps player states that Darth Jadus' power is second to emperor and facing him would be grave for him.

The reason i say this beceause of many people think Malgus' coolness of cinematics could make him strongest after emperor , but isnt really. Anyway he is so ****** and strong at least more than Satele anyway :)

Darth Jadus is. Here is why ;

At the last quest of Imperial Agent's act 1 , a fellow agent who helps player states that Darth Jadus' power is second to emperor and facing him would be grave for him.

The reason i say this beceause of many people think Malgus' coolness of cinematics could make him strongest after emperor , but isnt really. Anyway he is so ****** and strong at least more than Satele anyway :)

One NPCs opinion of another NPCs strength, dosn't make it true. Far as I know, Jadus and Malgus haven't directly squared off against one another.

Well the problem with the word "power" in Star Wars is it can mean a great many things.

He could be talking out:

Force Strength/Power.

Political Strength/Power.

Militaristic Strength/Power.

Physical Strength/Power.

Force Knowledge amount (certain Force techniques are so deadly even weaker Force user can destory the strong with ease).

Political/Militaristic Secret Knowledge (if you know a deep dark secret that would humiliate the rest of the dark council you pretty much have the power to do anything).

Personally I think that fellow Agent was talking about power in the Political/Militaristic strength sense of the word, in that Jadus had Political influence and Militaristic control only second to the Emperor.

However in Physical Strength/Power he was much weaker than Malgus, Marr or The Wrath.

In Force Strength/Power he was behind Thanaton, Nox and Baras.

In a 1 on 1 fight Malgus would take him, in a War or a power struggle though, Jadus would defeat Malgus easy.

Edited by AngelousWang

Malgus had a different vision and a more direct opportunity to take control of the Empire than Jadus. In addition, Jadus had too many enemies on the Dark Council and otherwise to really sieze control. Finally, Jadus has a variable fate, while Malgus has a certain fate up until the False Emperor.

Malgus had a different vision and a more direct opportunity to take control of the Empire than Jadus. In addition, Jadus had too many enemies on the Dark Council and otherwise to really sieze control. Finally, Jadus has a variable fate, while Malgus has a certain fate up until the False Emperor.

This mostly. Malgus generally distanced himself from the sociopolitical power struggles high-ranking Sith are so fond of. So when he made his move, it pretty much came out of the blue. Jadus, being on the Dark Council and thus always being watched, couldn't have done that without the rest of the Dark Council coming at him en-masse almost immediately.

In Force Strength/Power he was behind Thanaton, Nox and Baras.

I can't say much about Baras, but from the parts I've played through of the SW story line, he seems more inclined toward manipulating others to do his dirty work. Not saying he's not personally powerful, but from what I've seen I'd have to rank him at the lower end of those powerful enough to be on the Dark Council.

Thanaton was probably one of the weaker/middle-of-the-road Dark Council members as well, imo.

Nox has plot armor, which skews things.

Jadus, on the other hand,

held part of his flagship intact while the rest of it exploded. In adddition, simply being near Jadus caused physical distress from the Dark Side power leaking out.

Its somewhat safe to assume Jadus was near, or at, the top of the Sith hierarchy in terms of Force strength, sans the Emperor and plot-armored Nox.

What is this plot-amor for Nox people are mentioning? Curious to see

He's "half undead."

He has force spirits bound to him, and according to a scene early on in the SI story he can't die as long as they are bound to him because their connection to the world forces the SI's spirit to stay. Mind you it is possible for LS SIs to purify the force ghosts, so a powerful lightsider could likely forcefully purify the spirits removing the plot armor.....or SI could be blown to pieces presumably breaking the connection between the spirits and the body. *shrug*

The Emperor is meant to be mysterious, we still haven't seen his face yet.

Yes, we have.

At the end of act 3 in the Jedi Knight story, you will actually fight and kill the emperor. And no, he does not have a mask on, so you do see his face.

I liked Darth Jadus, wish there was more information shed on him though.

What I found interesting was the fact he knew about the Emperors real plans(DS Ia) and had a way to survive it with also another tidbit saying only a few beings(including Jadus) could survive the Emperors life absorption on the galaxy.

Edited by Girdeux

Yes, we have.

At the end of act 3 in the Jedi Knight story, you will actually fight and kill the emperor. And no, he does not have a mask on, so you do see his face.

That is the Voice of the Emperor and not the Emperor himself.

What I found interesting was the fact he knew about the Emperors real plans(DS Ia) and had a way to survive it with also another tidbit saying only a few beings(including Jadus) could survive the Emperors life absorption on the galaxy.

I would need to double check, but wasn't his plan to survive it basically to run to someplace outside the galaxy and then just wait for the Emperor to finish....and then come back to a dead galaxy?

Yes, we have.

That was the true voice of the Emporer, if you played the SW story, you'd know this.:p

Yes, we have.

That isn't him.

Thats a body that hosts his voice.