Toon surname question

GomurrTheAncient

I've noticed that BW has enabled spaces in the naming of characters. While this isn't quite the name and surname system many had hoped for, it is a nice concession for the players who had wanted to use last names without having them all tied to their legacy. Despite the seeming demand for this feature, I've not seen anyone in game using a space in their name on the RP server I've been playing. Being new to MMOs, I was wondering if there was a reason for this and if using a space in my name should be avoided. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I've noticed that BW has enabled spaces in the naming of characters. While this isn't quite the name and surname system many had hoped for, it is a nice concession for the players who had wanted to use last names without having them all tied to their legacy. Despite the seeming demand for this feature, I've not seen anyone in game using a space in their name on the RP server I've been playing. Being new to MMOs, I was wondering if there was a reason for this and if using a space in my name should be avoided. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Actually once you complete the first chapter in your class story you get your sername (Or legacy name)

As for the reason for no spaces I don't know if the character limit for a regular name would allow for a first name and a last name

Odd... I tried an apostrophe and it said "Invalid Name". and it wasn't (at least I thought) a name that was very popular. Perhaps I was mistaken :p

Did it say "name unavailable" or "invalid characters" (or actually "invalid name"?... which means they blacklisted the name). Did you have it at the end or begginning of a name (has to be between characters)? Also its a basic apostrophe, non-curly style -> '

Plus any other odd character would throw the error too. Numbers, symbols, etc.

Edited by Frigidman

Uhh.... you can't put spaces in your name. You must be mistaken.

And the Legacy system allows you to choose a surname/title for all your characters on that server (option to toggle it on/off on each character) once you complete Chapter 1 for one of your characters.

So what about uniqueness requirements? Main character name has to be unique I assume, what about surname? You can't make "Fred Jones" if someone out there already has "Jane Jones" ?

I believe this is correct; however I'm willing to admit I'm mistaken if it's been announced otherwise. I'm fairly sure this is what I read when it was announced, however. Names are unique, both first and last.

I believe this is correct; however I'm willing to admit I'm mistaken if it's been announced otherwise. I'm fairly sure this is what I read when it was announced, however. Names are unique, both first and last.

The Legacy name (surname) has to be unique yes, and is shared between all your characters (on that server).

Thanks for the info, as you can tell I haven't done char creation yet, just trying to get this stuff sorted out.

Last two questions then...

1. Is there a way to change your character's name? Rename "Fred" to "Bob" (or start out Fred-Jones and rename to Fred when you get your surname Jones?)

2. Is there a way to check which surnames are taken before you actually get yours?

Thanks for the info, as you can tell I haven't done char creation yet, just trying to get this stuff sorted out.

Last two questions then...

1. Is there a way to change your character's name? Rename "Fred" to "Bob" (or start out Fred-Jones and rename to Fred when you get your surname Jones?)

2. Is there a way to check which surnames are taken before you actually get yours?

1: Not at this time

2: Not at this time either

Unknown if we will be able too in the future.