Community Livestream: Which AC to Play?

EricMusco

Which Advanced Class Should I Play on Stream?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Which Advanced Class Should I Play on Stream?

• Sniper
    • Operative

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, Musco. Seems like I need to be weary about which class I play on Fridays so I don't catch your entire entourage running around the same planet/instance when I record my playthrough series. ;)

Good luck with the series! :D

You should play an AC that will be non-viable in PvP, perhaps the combat team might get some better insight of how to perhaps get them up to speed. :)

PS: How are arenas working out after removing 8 man ranked? Splendid idea.

He'd need to reroll and either go sorc or merc. Maybe DPS jugg...

Not sure why there's a push for him to be an operative...The combat team already recognizes their DPS trees have weak defenses and are working on it...

I just hope someone from the combat team agrees to do a live stream too...And I hope people get him/her on a PvP server...Need to make sure it's as a sorc. Merc is also an acceptable option....But with that whole h2f and make them pay fiasco, it should really be a DPS sorc.

4 dev posts today while quite a lot of people are hoping to get some Dev insight into why they chose to nerf Orbital Strike in this way, and perhaps comment on the many different alternative suggestions. Not even so much as a thrown bone to let us know you guys are aware of our issues. No offense dude, but priorities maybe?

He'd need to reroll and either go sorc or merc. Maybe DPS jugg...

Not sure why there's a push for him to be an operative...The combat team already recognizes their DPS trees have weak defenses and are working on it...

I just hope someone from the combat team agrees to do a live stream too...And I hope people get him/her on a PvP server...Need to make sure it's as a sorc. Merc is also an acceptable option....But with that whole h2f and make them pay fiasco, it should really be a DPS sorc.

H2F and make them pay fiasco mean devs should play a full corruption sorc. And solo queue. Without a tank.

Or just get field respec and alternate between corruption/lightning every other match. Though I notice the Combat Team is at least trying to work on lightning but leaving corruption in its current state of total inability to Make Them Pay.

There are so many gap closers that full corruption has almost no ability to shake pursuit, especially in arena, without a tank (or really, really good DPS) to CC for him. Not even with fadeout, which is easily countered by pulls or stuns. Meanwhile, operatives with their EZmode energy management+adrenaline rush get to roll away almost as much as they want. If they get pulled, that's ok, roll moar. It's almost the only way for an op healer to even try to dump energy. Meanwhile, we get to kill ourselves to get enough Force for a single heal. LOL.

But that's why I went back to the very spec the Combat Team tried to destroy with 2.0--bubblestun. In arena that kind of CC to actually keep the melee in place for the duration of Fadeout is what gives us the space to LOS and H2F. (I'd still be willing to play full corruption in 8v8, where I can use objectives as a chaff flare of sorts, but with no ability to separate warzone from arena queue nor respec to run a warzone spec that is different from arena spec, I take the arena spec wherever I PVP now.) We're still not really viable as we gimp our healing to attain bearable survivability, and it takes a really skilled player to overcome that lack of throughput when trying to heal through focus fire...but the fact that the nerfed hybrid refuses to completely die should offer some clues to the Combat Team as to what full corruption needs. Hint hint.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

H2F and make them pay fiasco mean devs should play a full corruption sorc. And solo queue. Without a tank.

Or just get field respec and alternate between corruption/lightning every other match. Though I notice the Combat Team is at least trying to work on lightning but leaving corruption in its current state of total inability to Make Them Pay.

There are so many gap closers that full corruption has almost no ability to shake pursuit, especially in arena, without a tank (or really, really good DPS) to CC for him. Not even with fadeout, which is easily countered by pulls or stuns. Meanwhile, operatives with their EZmode energy management+adrenaline rush get to roll away almost as much as they want. If they get pulled, that's ok, roll moar. It's almost the only way for an op healer to even try to dump energy. Meanwhile, we get to kill ourselves to get enough Force for a single heal. LOL.

But that's why I went back to the very spec the Combat Team tried to destroy with 2.0--bubblestun. In arena that kind of CC to actually keep the melee in place for the duration of Fadeout is what gives us the space to LOS and H2F. (I'd still be willing to play full corruption in 8v8, where I can use objectives as a chaff flare of sorts, but with no ability to separate warzone from arena queue nor respec to run a warzone spec that is different from arena spec, I take the arena spec wherever I PVP now.) We're still not really viable as we gimp our healing to attain bearable survivability, and it takes a really skilled player to overcome that lack of throughput when trying to heal through focus fire...but the fact that the nerfed hybrid refuses to completely die should offer some clues to the Combat Team as to what full corruption needs. Hint hint.

The H2F and make them pay comment was directed at DPS sorcerers. Of course a corruption sorcerer has the option to H2F seeing as how they are designed to heal. For a DPS sorcerer, it means a huge loss in resources something that is severely lacking in madness.

The devs have also stated that specs aren't supposed to be easily shut down but lightning is. They really need to be playing lightning which is severely gimped in arenas.

Pretty sure the devs have recognized that operative healers have too much survivability and need a nerf. Now if only they would recognize what an issue the roll is without a CD.

Also, I'm pretty sure healers are meant to fall apart when under focus fire. They are in no way designed to make a class pay. It's up to their team mates to protect. Pre 2.0 sorcerer healers had better survivability than tanks. There is something seriously wrong when it's easier to bring down a tank than a healer.

Sorc healers are still better than merc healers...

Edited by Dedrayge

4 dev posts today while quite a lot of people are hoping to get some Dev insight into why they chose to nerf Orbital Strike in this way, and perhaps comment on the many different alternative suggestions. Not even so much as a thrown bone to let us know you guys are aware of our issues. No offense dude, but priorities maybe?

Arean't they reducing everything? Cast, Cooldown, Energy Cost, and Damage? Assuming that it is being done in proportion wouldn't that either be a buff, or keeping it the same? I don't generally play my Sniper or Scoundrel, but that sounds like it's just making it so that you can use it more often, get it off quicker, cost less energy, and so they have to take some of the damage away from it. Over all though is it a significant drop in DPS? Or is the DPS the same, or even higher?

Arean't they reducing everything? Cast, Cooldown, Energy Cost, and Damage? Assuming that it is being done in proportion wouldn't that either be a buff, or keeping it the same? I don't generally play my Sniper or Scoundrel, but that sounds like it's just making it so that you can use it more often, get it off quicker, cost less energy, and so they have to take some of the damage away from it. Over all though is it a significant drop in DPS? Or is the DPS the same, or even higher?

62% Damage reduction making it useless for anything... biggest nerf i have seen in any mmo...

MM Sniper kinda got screwed, right, left and centre since it was a spec that was balanced. Let the Scatter Bomb spam begin!

Edited by Xasser

The H2F and make them pay comment was directed at DPS sorcerers. Of course a corruption sorcerer has the option to H2F seeing as how they are designed to heal. For a DPS sorcerer, it means a huge loss in resources something that is severely lacking in madness.

The devs have also stated that specs aren't supposed to be easily shut down but lightning is. They really need to be playing lightning which is severely gimped in arenas.

Pretty sure the devs have recognized that operative healers have too much survivability and need a nerf. Now if only they would recognize what an issue the roll is without a CD.

Also, I'm pretty sure healers are meant to fall apart when under focus fire. They are in no way designed to make a class pay. It's up to their team mates to protect. Pre 2.0 sorcerer healers had better survivability than tanks. There is something seriously wrong when it's easier to bring down a tank than a healer.

Sorc healers are still better than merc healers...

Of course healers don't have the DPS to Make Them Pay. Any ability healers have to Make Them Pay is derived from CC and escapability (making the DPS simply give up and/or occupying enough of their attention for long enough that your team is able to accomplish something in the meantime).

An operative can instantly flashbang a whole focus train and roll away. To say nothing of their hard stun having a shorter cooldown. If they get pulled back, it's not a problem, as they can just roll away again.

A sorc has to hardcast single-target mez. Of course this is automatically interrupted and therefore useless. Even popping polarity shift does nothing for the pushback, which is atrocious, and we're still often dead before the cast lands should we attempt it. If we try to sprint away and get pulled back or stunned, we have no recourse unless Barrier is up, which is unlikely seeing how it's a three minute cooldown. This is why we're willing to give up a third of our healing (approximately) for bubblemez--it gives the CC necessary for fadeout sprint to actually be an effective escape tool. It by no means makes us immortal, especially in arena where there is no one to cross-heal us. We still have to work harder than lolfacerollophealing for the same or even inferior result because we give up so much of our throughput to be able to escape going explodey in the first five seconds (fifteen with barrier).

My comment about healing through focus fire wasn't even directed at healing myself. Of course if we're trying to heal ourselves we're also getting interrupted and CCed, and we should properly melt under such conditions. We do. But bubblestun gives up enough heal output for survivability that's even remotely comparable to the other healers that it's more difficult to heal someone else through focus fire even when we're freecasting.

Merc heals can Make Them Pay through e-net to prevent gap closers, popping their tech override to make their mez instant, and they also have a knockback that's better than ours. Their HO, while slower than our sprint, also gives them pull immunity.They are however somewhat more vulnerable to interrupts. So merc healers do have less ability to H2F (when comparing pure specs--bubblestun probably has a bit less healing output than pure bodyguard) but more ability to MTP.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Why have so many people chosen sniper? Do you really think that live-streaming a turret class will be interesting? Operative is melee and will make for a much better stream, if played well.

Do you really think people are watching for Musco's pro gameplay lol? Only reason to watch is the stream chat or talking to Musco about upcoming content.

It's a ~200 DPS loss for Sharpshooter. The damage nerf is way out of proportion to the other changes.

By the way -eric, that bright blue glowing cube on the ground that was making all of that noise that you ran past at about 8 minute and 40 second mark in the part 2 vid was the datacron that you were looking for.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

It's a ~200 DPS loss for Sharpshooter. The damage nerf is way out of proportion to the other changes.

OS and PVP

Also top tier skills in MM are designed to lesson the cast time, but I now have another snipe ability at a top tier choice. I PVP exclusively and OS in MM is essential in an arena or for adding group/self protection. MM has the bonus of uninterruptable that many classes wish for, but it still has a ramp of 1-2 cast to get a bonus cast decrease on its 3rd cast heavy hitter. OS made up for this by hitting those that were in your face if they focused u as they should.

MM is the hard to kill single target burst and lethality is the HUGE number plus great burst. I saw the difference after I played the class. Lethality OPs and Snipes plus OP healers are loosing an ability, but will not really suffer from it and will help balance them out in PVE and PVP, Concealment OPs are getting damage buffs, but will loose damage output and MM snipes loose damage output in PVE plus utility/survivability in PVP.

I agree that OP heals has a damage ability in OS that is way huge for a healer. I agree that the 2 piece 4th tick needs to go, but it is worthless as part of 4pc bonus now. All specs already have low level low-medium aoe damage abilitys why do we get another one at LVL 50. Concealment and MM were not the builds that got extra advantages from this ability, but will be the 2 that are hit the hardest.

Either scale back the nerf or remove the ability all together and add another high level ability instead.

• Dev Post
By the way -eric, that bright blue glowing cube on the ground that was making all of that noise that you ran past at about 8 minute and 40 second mark in the part 2 vid was the datacron that you were looking for.

Haha I went back and watched it later that night and realized I walked right past it. I felt like such a moron :rak_03:, I knew it was there!

-eric