Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?

Rhesus_TOR

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which ones are you seeing? I'd like to check it out as well and test out. Your comments seem to indicate Diplomacy and Slicing??

I don't recall seeing anything in any patch notes or forum posts about this.

Bioware folks? Can you elaborate on this maybe?

Edited by dscount

Which ones are you seeing? I'd like to check it out as well and test out. Your comments seem to indicate Diplomacy and Slicing??

Slicing

Diplomacy

Treasure Hunting

Investigation

I'm still waiting for Archeology, Scavenging and Bioanalysis 340s to finish.

I don't recall seeing anything in any patch notes or forum posts about this. Bioware folks? Can you elaborate on this maybe?

For instance, I just got a return on a Treasure Hunting mission. 2 Lorridian Gemstones and 2 Corusca Gems. It takes 6 Lorridian Gemstones to make a single Nightmare Pilgrim item and the cost in time and credits to get them just went up significantly :/

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

My Scavenging mission just came back. 20+ of both materials. Scavenging was not nerfed. Also, including feedback from other players in-game it appears to be just a nerf to blue/purple crew mission materials.

So we get a moderate cost reduction for modd'ing gear, but we get a massive crew skill nerf in exchange. That seems like a pretty raw deal to me.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

Yeah, I've noticed this nerf too, but there's nothing in the patch notes.

Regular CREW missions appear to be unaffected. There's little to any incentive to run a purple CREW mission right now, but regular CREW missions and purple GATHERING missions are unaffected.

I've been noticing this with my slicing. At least no one here has complained about having 10000 affection and sending them on a mission and they come back as failed. Like Scorpio does to me everytime i send her for some sliced tech parts.

***?

I imagine slicers are just going to raise the price of purple missions, purple mat prices will increase and end game crafted gear prices will increase. I expect GTN velocity to really slow down now.

I mean I know they wanted money sinks, but this really sucks.

As much as I disagree and don't like the change I am really bothered that they wouldn't even tell us or put it in the notes.

As much as I disagree and don't like the change I am really bothered that they wouldn't even tell us or put it in the notes.

Because it would've caused a massive mission panic prior to 1.4, prices would've skyrocketed and there would've been a lot of complaining on the boards.

Now people will just suck it up, inflation will kick in, and people will have to start doing more of the regular crew missions.

I imagine slicers are just going to raise the price of purple missions,

You think ? Why would anyone pay more money to get half of what they used to ? Spamming the regular missions for the appropiate type might be less costly. I'm assuming, ofc, that the rewards from these ones are untouched, that "only" the purple tokens from slicing got nerfed.....

1 exotech stim for 60k , yay !

I imagine slicers are just going to raise the price of purple missions, purple mat prices will increase and end game crafted gear prices will increase. I expect GTN velocity to really slow down now.

I mean I know they wanted money sinks, but this really sucks.

Money goes from one player to another. Apart from the 1% transaction the GTN does not provide a money sink.

As a buyer of 10-15 UT missions a day I hope this is not the case. Well, honestly, I'm biased as selling purple UT metals is the majority of my income for one of my 50's.

I guess tonight when I log on if the GTN is fixed I'm gonna load the hell up on UT missions and exotech stims, jsut to make sure I have an abundance :D

Just ran a purple 340 TH mission and got back:

- Purple: Corusca Gem x6

- Blue: Lorrdian Gemstone x4, Perfect Yellow Crystal x4, Perfect Orange Crystal x2

Plus:

- Inheritance Headgear

- Class 6 lockboxes: Ancient Prototype Mission Box (roll lvl 50), Ancient Large Credit Box (gave 6455 credits)

- Unique Rakata Grenade (purple lvl 5 gift)

I think that's a crit but the numbers seem correct for a crit? Are only non-crits affected?

Edited by Telanis

Money goes from one player to another. Apart from the 1% transaction the GTN does not provide a money sink.

If the materials provided by Slicing (through crew missions) are halved that difference, to satisfy the demand, will have to be obtained by spamming regular missions. Those are a money sink.

I can almost promise you this is a bug. Why? Because the return for Rich Thermoplast Flux missions also got cut in half. It went from 32 to 16 for a non-crit. Why am I confident this is a bug? Because a Bountiful Thermoplast Flux mission still returns 24. So either it's a bug, or they blew the nerf, having a Bountiful return more makes no sense. And no, this isn't a mislabeled mission like the old Rich Grade 6 missions were, as the Rich missions are more expensive than the Bountiful.

I think that's a crit but the numbers seem correct for a crit? Are only non-crits affected?

Bingo, I just had a Rich Thermoplast Flux mission crit, and it returned 40, which was the pre-patch number for a crit for that mission. So it looks like the results are getting cut in half for all non-crit Rich missions that I can remember the pre-patch numbers for, crits aren't being affected, and non-Rich missions aren't being affected.

Edited by EricJS

IBingo, I just had a Rich Thermoplast Flux mission crit, and it returned 40, which was the pre-patch number for a crit for that mission. So it looks like the results are getting cut in half for all non-crit Rich missions that I can remember the pre-patch numbers for, crits aren't being affected, and non-Rich missions aren't being affected.

Part of the new feature to encourage people to stop logging in/out to refresh missions until they get rich ones they want?

Part of the new feature to encourage people to stop logging in/out to refresh missions until they get rich ones they want?

Neither having the rich return less than the bountiful, nor having only non-crits affected by this change would make sense in this case. In fact, I can't see any case where the first makes any sense, and I can't see the second making sense unless they want to make crits more important in crafting, in which case it doesn't make sense to not widen the gap on the moderate/abundant/bountiful missions as well.