Soulution to end game

This is a post for PvE.

In my opinion End game makes or breaks a MMO. To date SWTOR has little to offer end gamers.

A few things for a simple solution,

1. Have better drops with a separate lock out for 16 man raids.

2. Allow one (of the latest) commendations drop from the final boss in 4 mans.

3. Same as above for the 8 man raids.

4. More [weekly] daily's that will drop the latest commendations.

You could raise the cost of gear with these comms a little, but this would enable the 4 mans to mean something other than social points. Would allow end gamers to have more than 1-2 nights of end gaming.

1. I disagree. Coordinating 8 extra people is its own reward. And the bosses are tuned in 16man to be proportionally weaker to make up for that challenge.

2. I disagree. I don't want to feel obligated to complete a FP to max out my BH commendation gain for the day/week.

3. They already drop in 8 man raids. Nightmare KP and Story/HM EC.

4. I wouldn't mind if the Heroic 4 Chasing Black Hole Daily gave BH coms instead of daily coms. As it stands right now people only do it once a week, for that weekly requirement.

The problem with giving us more ways to get BH coms is that it leads to Com inflation. Then Bioware will have to increase the price of the items to match. I'd prefer to keep the BH gear cost low. 50 points for most gear, and (IIRC) 35 for the Ear Piece (which is better than the Rakata one that costs 120 daily coms).

(this is not a completely fleshed out idea, but merely to show some numbers and give some examples of what could be looked into, to increase the system, while not increasing the amount that are earnable each week)

placing a max earnable total, while then also allowing a larger pool to gather them from could work . You can even break it down to having the bulk of your weekly limit come from Ops, but still giving a few more options to those who are not finishing all the raids each week.

Currently, comms are earned as follows (copy/pasted from various sources):

There are 7 sources for Black Hole Commendations (that can be completed on a weekly basis):

1. [Weekly] Black Hole Crisis (6 BH Commendations) - Quests

2. [Weekly] Rakghoul Conflicts (8 BH Commendations) - FP

3. [Weekly] Galactic Crisis Points (8 BH Commendations) Op

4. [Weekly] The Nightmare Pilgrim (4 BH Commendations) Op

5. Story Mode Explosive Conflicts (Denova) operation (20 BH Commendations) Op

6. Hard Mode Explosive Conflicts (Denova) operation (28 BH Commendations) Op

7. Nightmare Mode Karagga's Palace operation (12 BH Commendations) Op

for a total of: 86 per week

Drops by Type (# then % of total, rounded):

Ops: 72 = 83.7%

FP: 8 = 9.3%

Other: 6 = 6.9%

They could up the # of sources to attain these, while setting a weekly max, and setting a hardset cap on how many can be earned through a certain way. Make it so that in order to get more then 25% of your weekly total, you had to do it via Ops (anything requiring 8 people or more). 25% is approx 22 comms (rounding up). this is 8 higher then currently allowed.

2. I disagree. I don't want to feel obligated to complete a FP to max out my BH commendation gain for the day/week.

But there's nothing really obligating you to maximize your Black Hole commendation collection. Although I think changing the HM Flashpoint daily and/or weekly to give better commendations might be a reasonable compromise to simply having end bosses drop better commendations.

Edited by Reedscam

This is a post for PvE.

In my opinion End game makes or breaks a MMO. To date SWTOR has little to offer end gamers.

You could raise the cost of gear with these comms a little, but this would enable the 4 mans to mean something other than social points. Would allow end gamers to have more than 1-2 nights of end gaming.

1 - Absolutely disagree. This is coming from someone who wants to go to 16-man raids. People want to do smaller groups, 8-mans. Which I completely understand and respect. Making the rewards better with a seperate lockout will make people believe they NEED to do 16-man as well to keep up. I do not think effectively forcing players into 16-man is a good idea. Why do you think WoW tried to equalize 10/25 loot? It doesn't work with legendaries or RNG of drops, but the intent is still there.

2 - I like the intent here, but it's not enough. It just won't get geared people into 4-mans again.

3 - This is already in-game.

4 - I disagree with this as well. As it stands, we can gain a lot of BH comms already. I don't think we need to get any more.

why can't bosses also have rare/ultra-rare drops as well?

to me it's just boring getting through these Operations and then seeing some "Rakata X Commendation" drops.

Whee!

Sometimes RNG epic loot is fun. Especially when you know not everyone has it.

end game is fine they did it this way so u can work for the candy and as many others pointed out they do drop in fp and ops

also the game is 5 months old and has pleanty of end game content with years more to come not to mention the dvd rom expansions to come so relax cos no new game will satisfy some one who cant take a look at the game thats been made for them and tend just to lvl asap do this asap this is a sad way to play new mmo games and yes i have 3 toons 1 lvl 50 and i dont have 1 pice of bh gear yet but when i get that first one in 2 more days it will be rewarding not just ah i see that was easy to get lol;)

Edited by TheLordMagnus

This won't fix anything. Besides that, the changes you propose are terrible, and it just sounds like you want loot to be a lot easier to obtain (Despite it already being ridiculously easy to obtain).

Endgame sucks because the content gets stale really, really fast.

This won't fix anything. Besides that, the changes you propose are terrible, and it just sounds like you want loot to be a lot easier to obtain (Despite it already being ridiculously easy to obtain).

Endgame sucks because the content gets stale really, really fast.

How is this different than any other MMO model? Do you think all endgame sucks? Maybe you just haven't realized that you don't like MMO's.

Edited by Typeslice

This is a post for PvE.

1. I agree the rewards for 16 should be different, not just more. More importantly I think the design team needs to look at item uniqueness. Right now there are only a handful of unique items and none of them are useful, e.g. Karagga's hat. Prior to 1.2 the Fabricator relics were probably the closest thing to a coveted drop. Where's the unique rare drop that you'll want to equip at all times and show it off because you're so proud of it.

Rare mobs that drop rare loot from heroics or flashpoints would also encourage players to do them.

2-4. disagree.

Lastly, the real solution to end game is more content. PVE 50s need a lot more things to do. Would be great if soloing, heroics, flashpoints could be tied into operations in various ways.

You would know if you played other successful MMOs.

Ah - ok. Sorry - my history of endgame raiding for 10 year must not precede me. My money is on the fact that you haven't even cleared half the content currently in the game.

Edited by Typeslice

Ah - ok. Sorry - my history of endgame raiding for 10 year must not precede me. My money is on the fact that you haven't even cleared half the content currently in the game.
Ah, yes. The tried and true internet tactic - if you can't argue with reason, resort to personal attacks.

I've cleared all meaningful content in the game. It's ridiculously easy.

Ah, yes. The tried and true internet tactic - if you can't argue with reason, resort to personal attacks.

I've cleared all meaningful content in the game. It's ridiculously easy.

Right, you've proven in this thread that you are a master at arguing with reason and never resort to personal attacks. What can I say, dude? I guess you beat the game.

Edited by Typeslice

Sadly this is how WoW does it and it works...

Define works?

Gear is easy enough to get already, if you want top of the line gear dedicate alittle more time to the game, If you can't dedicate time don't expect the same rewards that others who are willing to drop the into this game.

Its what Blizzard are doing wrong and what drove me and alot of the people i used to raid/play with away from the game.

Asto incentives for running 4 mans, theres another post with a bundle of non gear related rewards you can get.