Developer Blog: Busting Bugs and Fixing Exploits

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article was some good insight into the troubleshooting side of things. I know you are swamped with bugs/fixes, etc. right now. My one suggestion would be to expand your CSR ticketing system so that when we submit a ticket not only can we give more information (in the form of additional radio buttons, or the like), but that once said ticket is submitted, we can check progress of it.

for instance, if i submit a ticket and have chosen BUG BLOCKER (class progression killer), then I should see a priority assigned to it from your staff, and perhaps even know where in the queue I am. that said, I understand if you wouldn't publish queue/ticket numbers, but it would go a long way to allowing your customers to know that they are not going to be ignored for 233 days waiting to see if their ticket is picked up.

It doesn't need to be overly detailed, but it does need to be reassuring that the ticket has been reviewed, queued, assigned, tested, etc.

Otherwise, keep doing a bangup job knocking these things out.

Yeah so is there a team that is fixing basic mechanics like getting what is in the game to work? Like... a properly functioning Auction house. Or vendors... that you know... sort properly. That when I sort by equippable it does something crazy like... sort things that are equippable.

Every single coder you have needs to work on getting what you've made running properly.

Hm ... what this text is about ? sigh ... :confused:

We dont care about new content, fix your game ...

We do care about new content. Game is not as "broken" as some forum posters say.

Ive been playing since Dec. 18th and havent run into 1 gamebreaking bug. I have run into a few regular bugs. I submit my report, and continue having fun. I dont run to the forums and say the sky is falling we're all doomed!!

Excellent article. Thank you for letting us in on the process. I was actually curious as to how you guys handled these things. :)

stop new content and fix the game. All your resources need to be put into fixing the game that exists now!!! You said you patched warzones not properly awarding wins, you lied. There is no argument there. You told the player base you fixed an issue when you did not. That is LYING.

Lying to your paying customers will result in you losing paying customers. As for the bug thing, it would be best for this "future" content you are working on to be tested this time. Please test it and increase the utility of the PTS. The PTS is useless as is right now. Add incentive for players to want to test your patches on there such as character copying!!!! Why is this so hard for you?????

What about those that used these exploits early on for massive credit gain in the millions and are still walking around with the credits? I know a few people that used the sell 1 item as a full stack for easily over 50 million credits that still have it in the game.

What a joke, basically a wall of text of BullCrap.

Bioware, you proved your true colour when you failed to act on the Ilum exploits (like that wasn't cause enough to shut down Ilum? Then what is..) and still haven't fixed that.

And the Slicing exploit took you even longer, with almost as big ramafications (altho, they are more hidden than Ilums was).

Would really like to see a post asking for our forgiveness and explain that you are just human or whatever you wanna use for a excuse.

Actions speak stronger than words, yet you continue to try and smoothtalk us into subscribing another month..If any single one of your last patches had actually fixed the problems, Or not added more bugs, I could buy it and keep subscribing. Altho the utter lack of endgame content probably would have stopped me instead :p

Conclusion; Open your eyes and stop bullcrapping us, Please!

I know they published this to stop the forum complaints a bit. But in a way im glad they did. This was informative, and really gave insight as to the inner workings of a Developers Tech Support Team. This will certainly re-assure me that things eventually will get better. Thanks BioWare

stop new content and fix the game. All your resources need to be put into fixing the game that exists now!!! You said you patched warzones not properly awarding wins, you lied. There is no argument there. You told the player base you fixed an issue when you did not. That is LYING.

Lying to your paying customers will result in you losing paying customers. As for the bug thing, it would be best for this "future" content you are working on to be tested this time. Please test it and increase the utility of the PTS. The PTS is useless as is right now. Add incentive for players to want to test your patches on there such as character copying!!!! Why is this so hard for you?????

Pop quiz time! How many of the 13 paragraphs in this blog addressed bug fixes? If you guess 12 then you are correct!

Excellent article. Thank you for letting us in on the process. I was actually curious as to how you guys handled these things. :)

You must surely mean how they Don't handle these things? ;)

No worries, we all make mistakes, and a typo is a rather small one so you are forgiven.

Honesly, I don't care what you do, I don't care how you do it, and I don't care why.

I do care that something is getting fixed and commitments to a time frame to fix it.

Any good development team has all the stuff you mentioned. However the first major patch was basically a disaster and teh second did not achieve what was promised.

You're still letting people trade kill on Illum.

You still have a faction balance issue.

There are still unanswered questions about class mirroring

We still don't have a combat log

Players have deomonstrated various portions of your game not working as intended.

Yet not one statement made of when this stuff will be fixed.

If anyone in your house thinks most peeps went imp just cause they look cooler, then your being dumber than dumb.

The article describes almost the exact process of live game development that I do at work. Almost to an uncanny level with the phrasing and terminology (even though I work on very different games, and not for Bioware etc).

It makes sense to me. The pity is that the people most likely to rage about unfixed bugs are the people most likely to never make it through that article. And if they do, they won't understand why "their" bug isn't higher priority than everything else. Like the poster above me.

Edited by nezitx