More characters after merge, Devs please give us QOL sort functions

Totemdancer

Hey Bioware dudes and dudettes (do you still have those;))

With these mergers, lots of us will have over 50+ characters and sorting through them is going to be a “hair pulling” exercise.

Would it be possible to add some QOL tools to help us handle so many characters.

1. Allow the front screen to display more characters at once than it already does. Listing them all and putting them in a scroll wheel would be the best. If they are in the scroll function, you can add a sort feature

2. Sort features for characters on the front screen so you can sort by -

• Advanced Class
    Level
    Name
    Faction
    Professions (crafters, which many of us will have many multiples of)

3. Information features in game that could be linked to the family tree.

• Crafter professions
    ** more to come if I can think of any or someone has some suggestions)

4. Add a seperate tab to the Legacy Storage that is for crafting materials only. It should be large enough to accommodate at least one stack of every crafting material in the game.

5. (This is a QOL thing I’ve just experienced in another game) When we have collected crafting materials that are in our normal cargo, allow us to right click on them and deposit them straight into the legacy crafting tab section (proposed above) from anywhere in the game. Meaning we wouldn’t need to go back there to deposit them all the time or even remove them from the legacy crafting tab when we need to use them.

6. Give us legacy storage tabs as large as the guild ones to accommodate all out stuff.

I think these QOL features would really help with so many characters.

Edited by Totemdancer

With these mergers, lots of us will have over 50+ characters and sorting through them is going to be a “hair pulling” exercise.

Would it be possible to add some QOL tools to help us handle so many characters.

1. Allow the front screen to display more characters at once than it already does. Listing them all and putting them in a scroll wheel would be the best. If they are in the scroll function, you can add a sort features

• Advanced Class
    Level
    Name
    Faction
    Professions (crafters, which many of use will have many multiples of)

• Crafter professions

4. Add a seperate tab to the Legacy Storage that is for crafting materials only. It should be large enough to accommodate at least one stack of every crafting material in the game.

5. (This is a QOL thing I’ve just experienced in another game) When we have collected crafting materials that are in our normal cargo, allow us to right click on them and deposit them straight into the legacy crafting tab section (proposed above) from anywhere in the game. Meaning we wouldn’t need to go back there to deposit them all the time or even remove them from the legacy crafting tab when we need to use them.

6. Give us legacy storage tabs as large as the guild ones to accommodate all out stuff.

All of this. The character select screen is pretty minimal in usefulness right now, I have to have a spreadsheet just to check which character does what in terms of crafting / gathering or skills. The problem also stems from how many characters you can actually see on the character select screen, it quite simply is not very useful as it is.

Dedicated legacy material storage would be highly useful, we simply don't have enough tabs for me to be able to use my legacy bays as I would like to, leading to multiple characters having to store specific things.... which I then have to either remember or keep a record of.

Actually what would be really nice is to have a separate Legacy Crafting hold completely, this way we can add as many tabs to it as we can, like with the current Cargo and Legacy holds. Currently I'm already using 3 1/2 tabs of my Legacy Hold just for crafting materials and that is still not enough. I don't even keep anything below 6 in them now, but would love it if I could, I just don't have the space necessary for it.

Seeing as my legacy storage is nearly entirely populated by crafting mats I would indeed like more categorical.....categories.

Like one for each particular skill.

In fact extend that to regular storage as well. My Mara can't find anything in there.

1. Allow the front screen to display more characters at once than it already does. Listing them all and putting them in a scroll wheel would be the best. If they are in the scroll function, you can add a sort features

Yeah. When you can only have a dozen characters, six per page is OK. Not perfect, but OK.

After the merges, when one of the new US servers will have the characters from FIVE old servers, a player might end up with 260 characters. At six per page, that's completely unmanageable.

• Advanced Class
    Level
    Name
    Faction

You left off "last log in time, most recent at the top" (what we have now) and 'last log in time, least recent at the top", which helps if you want to make a grand tour to check mail. It might also be a good idea to have "Advanced Class" be "class then advanced class" so all the troopers are together, commandos then vanguards.

You play Guild Wars 2?

Yup, thought so. You play GW2. Well, maybe not, but exactly this feature is in GW2, and yeah, it's a real time-saver, especially if you have a Copper-Fed Salvage Tool and therefore never have to worry about running out of salvage kits to remove all that rubbish blue and green gear you keep finding.

• Advanced Class
    Level
    Name
    Faction

• Crafter professions

Forget no money in it for EA

well i didn't see this thread when i posted my own in the Suggestion forum.

But yes, I agree with the sorting option, a filtering option, something.

I also agree we need at least 2 more legacy bays for sale. I have the first 4 bays filled with crafting mats, crystals, and such, the 5th bay is general stuff like conquest stuff, jawa scraps, etc, and the 6th bay is filled with commonly used legacy gear.

All of this. The character select screen is pretty minimal in usefulness right now, I have to have a spreadsheet just to check which character does what in terms of crafting / gathering or skills. The problem also stems from how many characters you can actually see on the character select screen, it quite simply is not very useful as it is.

Dedicated legacy material storage would be highly useful, we simply don't have enough tabs for me to be able to use my legacy bays as I would like to, leading to multiple characters having to store specific things.... which I then have to either remember or keep a record of.

LoL, I use a spread sheet too that is all nicely colour coded for crafting, specs, gear, level, guilds, GTN bankers, etc.

It can get tedious, but it also becomes a nightmare to update it all if you leave it too long.

Edited by Totemdancer

Yeah. When you can only have a dozen characters, six per page is OK. Not perfect, but OK.

After the merges, when one of the new US servers will have the characters from FIVE old servers, a player might end up with 260 characters. At six per page, that's completely unmanageable.

You left off "last log in time, most recent at the top" (what we have now) and 'last log in time, least recent at the top", which helps if you want to make a grand tour to check mail. It might also be a good idea to have "Advanced Class" be "class then advanced class" so all the troopers are together, commandos then vanguards.

You play Guild Wars 2?

Yup, thought so. You play GW2. Well, maybe not, but exactly this feature is in GW2, and yeah, it's a real time-saver, especially if you have a Copper-Fed Salvage Tool and therefore never have to worry about running out of salvage kits to remove all that rubbish blue and green gear you keep finding.

Yeah, I started playing GW2 about a month ago because I saw no light at the end of the swtor tunnel and decided I’d join my partner and friends who were playing it.

The QOL features you’ve mentioned are just so good. Even being able to check the “auction/GTN/blacklion” to list things or buy them where ever you are is great.

I just got my first mount tonight in GW2 (Raptor). The movement, mechanics and animations for it are amazing. I spent all night exploring and jumping to amazing places, but the whole time I kept thinking, this is what my Rancor or Tauntan should be like. My partner and I spent hours exploring on them tonight and I think every minute I was muttering how awesome it would be if my mounts were like this in swtor.

Anyway, I got side tracked talking about my new mount, oops. Sorry.

I really do hope Keith sees this thread and looks at some of the ideas.

Seeing as my legacy storage is nearly entirely populated by crafting mats I would indeed like more categorical.....categories.

Like one for each particular skill.

In fact extend that to regular storage as well. My Mara can't find anything in there.

Been wanting this for ages. Seems like an obvious thing to me but I guess it either wasn't feasible or they didn't see it as important. I get cranky sorting through it all. Every once in awhile I manually sort it but, well, it somehow doesn't stay sorted.

I thought I was an altaholic with 16 characters. I don't even register on the Alt Richter scale next to some of you.

There was a time when I would have blown past the 52 max limit post merge, but I've been slowly weeding out older toons I am not attached to.

All the suggestions I have seen here are good, not all equally important to me, but good. I would like to add an option to "not display" a toon by default. If I can limit the toons I see to those I'm actively playing, that'd be great.

I just got my first mount tonight in GW2 (Raptor). The movement, mechanics and animations for it are amazing. I spent all night exploring and jumping to amazing places, but the whole time I kept thinking, this is what my Rancor or Tauntan should be like. My partner and I spent hours exploring on them tonight and I think every minute I was muttering how awesome it would be if my mounts were like this in swtor.

Anyway, I got side tracked talking about my new mount, oops. Sorry.

Don't apologise. I agree, the mounts are great. The Springer is a bit narrow in what it's for (big huge vertical leaps), but if you need that, you need it. The Skimmer, though, is epic. it floats above the ground, skims over water, quicksand, and other nastiness, and if you ride it off a cliff, neither it nor you take any damage when you reach the ground(1). And it skids like a hovercraft would if you turn hard while riding it.

But yeah, SWTOR mounts seem a little feeble by comparison.