Orange weapons for Khem

Jedi_Barbie

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that I am missing (and yes, I did attempt to search and scan the forums, with no luck). I'm a lvl 22 Sorc and want to outfit Khem in the best OJ gear and keep him modded up. I got him an OJ chest, pants and gloves, but I want to give him and orange weapon. I see a couple on Torhead, but no listings as to where they drop.

Please note, if your only contribution is "Check your GTN." or "Search the forums first." please don't bother posting and return to your bridge. Thanks.

As a reward for the "Lights Out" Heroic 4+ daily on Belsavis you can pick an orange weapon for your companions, there is one option for Khem there.

EDIT*

Sorry, did not read your post thoroughly enough it seems. You clearly mentioned you are lvl 22, my bad. The daily mentioned is lvl50, please disregard.

Edited by RawHead

http://knotor.com/items?category[]=25&name=&minrtg=&maxrtg=&minlvl=&maxlvl=&flt[]=moddable&fls[]=0&flv[]=

Some are Republic only. You may be able to look up the names on Torhead and see if there are comments stating where to get each. I think Drummond Kaas commendation vendor might have one.

All the ones that say "Khem Val's" should be quest rewards from Heroics.

Thanks. The ones I liked were Khem Val's (amazing vibrosword of awesomeness) so I'm going to start farming the heroics. Now to try to determine which heroics drop the items. :)

I could be wrong on this, but matching the quest level with the level requirement on the item you're looking for should work. Like if Khem Val's Sword of X has mods in it that say (20), then the item is level 20 (as said on the chart I gave earlier), you then find Heroic quests that are level 20 and check the rewards you get from there.

Another place to look is the GTN, though you won't find any Bind on Pickup ones there so the Khem Val ones are out.

I picked up a sword for Khem in early levels. I think it was either one of the heroics or quest chain (not main story) I have been upgrading his weapon since.

I DO believe that weapon from first planet commendation (or even Black Talon mission for empire) provide an orange weapon he can use (vibrosword)

note: you will need to upgrade the hilt FIRST to increase his damage.

You must also keep in mind that every model of Vibrosword but the one he actually uses at the start of the game clip horribly through his back and shoulders. I think it is because he is a humanoid, but is significantly more built than any model in the game. Not certain on this, but I do remember seeing (and owning) a fully modable Green Vibrosword in his accepted model from the normal weapon's Vendor in Kaas City.

You must also keep in mind that every model of Vibrosword but the one he actually uses at the start of the game clip horribly through his back and shoulders. I think it is because he is a humanoid, but is significantly more built than any model in the game. Not certain on this, but I do remember seeing (and owning) a fully modable Green Vibrosword in his accepted model from the normal weapon's Vendor in Kaas City.

Every model except the ones that has his name on them.

Nope, every model but his original one. A green one in his model is sold by the weapons vendor in Kaas City and it doesn't have his name on it or Clip.

Well the orange one from the Belsavis Heroic daily does not clip, it just disappears. Maybe only the orange ones don't clip.

Actually, there is at least one more model of vibrosword that won't clip. The Ancient Vibrosword disappears when he puts it away, just like his starter one does. It looks a lot cooler, though. It shows up as green instead of orange on the vendor, but it has 4 mod slots. (It's not the only vibrosword that's this way.) On my warrior, I have an MD-5 Shock Viper Vibroblade (orange quality) on Broonmark. It has the same graphic as the Ancient Vibroblade, but it doesn't disappear when he puts it away. That may be because it's on Broonmark, instead of Khem, not sure. At any rate, the Ancient Vibrosword has a nice graphic. It's a huge obnoxious looking blade, and you can give one to Khem without any clipping issues. (It's the graphic you always see on npc's while you're levelling up, and wish you could have one, but can't yet.)

It probably bears mentioning that as soon as you get to Dromund Kaas, the weapon vendor there sells "green" quality Vibroswords that are fully-moddable. Every weapon vendor from there on out has "green" vibroswords that have full mod slots (not sure if this is a bug or intentional).

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/1/subcatg/12/mods/eq/1/and/sort/level,-i.basequality

(starts with the Ceremonial Vibrosword at L9 from DK)

This assumes that that the OP isn't specifically looking for an "orange" item to stick in Khem's weapon slot.

If moddable is all you want, you can use a vendor sword from DK all the way to L50, modding it to your heart's content all along the way.

Don't get me started on the complete inequity that faces techblade/sword/stave users... ugh...

I'm hoping someone can tell me which missions I need to run in order to get some of the Khem orange weapons. My character's 37 and just finishing Taris, I'd be more than happy to go back and run some of the older heroics if it means I can get an orange weapons for Khem that doesn't clip right through his back.

I'm hoping someone can tell me which missions I need to run in order to get some of the Khem orange weapons. My character's 37 and just finishing Taris, I'd be more than happy to go back and run some of the older heroics if it means I can get an orange weapons for Khem that doesn't clip right through his back.

http://www.torhead.com/item/1MeXHi5/md-5-shock-viper-vibroblade

I don't know about clipping but this is awesome, and you get it with 14 Taris commendations.

There is a level 11 world drop that is orange. It is of no use to Khem val right now and honestly I am not sure he can equip it even if you could pop all the mods out.

I know I got a purple staff and my Aim+Staff character could not equip it.

Don't really understand the point of needing it to not clip. If you just want it for looks get whatever one doesn't clip, no matter the stats. Then switch to one that can be modded or whatever for when you are fighting. After all you are fighting and most of the time the weapon will be in his hand.