Redistributing some crafting recipes (What do you think?)

DracoDruid

Hello once more.

I just wanted to get another thing regarding crew skills of my chest.

Something I came to wonder while playing with my guild mates (one from each class).

Namely:

Why do CYBERTECHS get the recipes for ARMORING and MODS, and in this, not even all possible 8 but rather only 4 of them?

This makes not much sense to me, so I thought to ask you, wouldn't it be better if:

a) ARMORMECH and SYNTHWEAVING had the recipes for ARMORING and MODS,

with AM the ones for Aim & Cunning and SW the ones with Strength & Willpower

AND

b) CYBERTECH would had the recipes for ENHANCEMENTS and AUGMENTATIONS instead

Would this make AM/SW too powerful or CT too weak?

I think it would just make more sense this way.

What do you think?

Edited by DracoDruid

No. Armormech and synthweaving already make armors.

Cybertech makes mods.

Artifice makes a few mods as well because they have nothing else.

All you're doing is stealing from other skills so you don't need more than one toon to fill orange gear. If it's a problem just make some purples and move on.

Well, my thoughts were more like:

ArmorMech

Tech-User Armor

Armoring (Aim/Cunning)

Mods (Aim/Cunning)

Tech-User Off-Hand Generators/...

ArmsTech

Tech-User Weapons

Barrels (Aim/Cunning)

Mods (Aim/Cunning)

Color/Power-Crystals

Artificing

Force-User Weapons

Hilts (Strength/Willpower)

Mods (Strength/Willpower)

Color/Power-Crystals

Synthweaving

Force-User Armor

Armoring (Strength/Willpower)

Mods (Strength/Willpower)

Force-User Off-Hand Generators/...

CyberTech

Augmentations

Earpieces

Droid Parts

Enhancements

Grenades

Ship Parts

Speeder

Edited by DracoDruid

To be honest, I always thought it was more than a little broken that cybertech made the armoring. Once you got an orange shell, the various armor crafting skills were pretty much pointless.

That was somewhat alleviated when they added augments. The two armorcrafting skills had the mainstat augments. Of 'course, one could argue that the mainstat augments may not neccessarily be the most *useful* augments.

Boat has sailed some time ago, but IMO it should have been (should be?):

Armorskills: Armoring/shells

Cybertech: Mods/earpieces

Artifice: defense enhancements (2/3rd tanks are force user)/hilts/force-user offhands & relics

armstech: offense enhancements/barrels/non-force offhands & relics

That said, incidentally, my biggest pet peeve. Why the heck do will armoring/mods use metals? They should be using fabric. Especially the armoring. you make will "finished pieces" armor it uses fabric. You make it using mods (which is probably more common) and it uses metal. Not surprisingly, there a serious imbalance in demand between fabric & metal.

This boat sailed a LONG time ago, and if they did redistribute crew skills the way some of you are suggesting, there would be a massive uproar. Do we now train again from scratch? What about our hard earned recipes? The top-tier RE require mass manipulation gens to craft, and on my server at least those are running around 500k on the GTN. People have spent MILLIONS of credits crafting. I know I have. If that hard work and time (spent 12 hours farming for something for high tier crafting today) just went up in smoke the dev team would have a serious uproar and I for one would find another game to play and take my sub money elsewhere.

Whether it makes sense to you or not, it is the way it is. Think about the repercussions of what you're suggesting before you suggest it.

• 1 month later...

Ah hell.

I know you guys are right, but it's just sad to see unused potential...

Or at least a more logical and maybe more balanced possiblity.

I have an ImpAgent with Cybertech and having both Mod and Armoring recipes for ALL possible combinations make a loooooong list.

I for one, wouldn't mind losing my recipes if the system as a whole would benefit.

Besides, I have a JK with Synthweaving even though it's not that useful. Would be nice though if it were...