Is game dead?

Allerien

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a few QOL, and little bits here and there, although, nothing much usually happens between story updates as such, last one being dantooine. 6.0 is the big thing coming down the pipeline. Was on the PTS, but all they had (at the time) was mostly just the new gear. No idea if they've put up any of the new planets, or places. :)

Also saw in another post Nautolan's are available for the BH at char creation on the PTS, haven't tried it myself, but could be worth a look

Thanks for the updates. Saves me time. :rak_01:

I can't help but believe people who post questions on the forum asking if the game is dead hope it'll die believing somehow, somewhere, a software house will magically raise the $200 million necessary to completely build a new SW game from scratch and of course do it by next week with or without an IP license from Disney. Dream on.

If you want the game to die, leave.

If you want the game to live, subscribe.

Spending all of your playing time for the past year grinding Ossus for gear combined with 2017's server merge which saw a APAC exodus has taken it's toll.

Particularly depressing is the Ossus World Boss weekly which rewards only ONE masterwork crystal for defeating TWO bosses, one of which "R8-X8" requires players to spend more time running back from a sanctuary point than actually battling the boss. If R8-X8 is defeated before the player returns then that player receives no credit.

Just recruiting a group for the Ossus World Boss is quest upon itself.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Game is dying the 6.0 changes probably wont save it. The new gearing looks horrid once again the hope for com gearing system that we once had , tried and true will never come back. Mmos that still use it FFXIV is beating wow in numbers dont let blizzard lie ffxiv servers are packed. Their gearing system is classic but it works these new dumb systems dont work its a theme park mmo not a sandbox stop adding sandbox gearing into it. Moving further from what this mmo should be is not gonna bring life back into it. Who ever thinks these new changes to rng and amps have either smoked meth or done drugs cause wow.

The increased communication coming from the Devs since the start of the year is encouraging. I don't believe the game will die as long as EA/Bioware stay involved and believe in / support the game in the way the players are willing to do.

I feel that in recent years THEY thought the game was ka-phut and took their eye off the ball. Now it feels like they are starting to take note that "Hey, that game still has interested players in it - maybe we should give it some attention".

One thing is for sure, if everyone gets pessimistic about it, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy and the game will fail. If we stay upbeat and positive, that feeling becomes contagious and can only be for the good of the game.

Game is dying the 6.0 changes probably wont save it. The new gearing looks horrid once again the hope for com gearing system that we once had , tried and true will never come back. Mmos that still use it FFXIV is beating wow in numbers dont let blizzard lie ffxiv servers are packed. Their gearing system is classic but it works these new dumb systems dont work its a theme park mmo not a sandbox stop adding sandbox gearing into it. Moving further from what this mmo should be is not gonna bring life back into it. Who ever thinks these new changes to rng and amps have either smoked meth or done drugs cause wow.

Maybe you should learn about the new system before you bash it because if you want a currency based gearing system then that is pretty close to what we're getting. Gear is going to come from direct drops from a number of places (like it used to) and the gear you don't want you can break down to get the new currency that will be used to buy the gear you do want directly from various vendors.

Maybe you should learn about the new system before you bash it because if you want a currency based gearing system then that is pretty close to what we're getting. Gear is going to come from direct drops from a number of places (like it used to) and the gear you don't want you can break down to get the new currency that will be used to buy the gear you do want directly from various vendors.

Keyword "pretty close". Idk why its so much to ask for a game im paying for since day 1 of launch to get the gearing ppl want kinda unreal if you ask me. FFXIV does a good job of improving over the years not destroying what was built before. And now with amps have to recal everytime i wanna do pvp or pve. so fun 800k rng.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/354206278194561024/612312817952882688/Screenshot_2019-08-17_08_41_40_547218.jpg rng exciting!

Edited by Skummy

Keyword "pretty close". Idk why its so much to ask for a game im paying for since day 1 of launch to get the gearing ppl want kinda unreal if you ask me. FFXIV does a good job of improving over the years not destroying what was built before. And now with amps have to recal everytime i wanna do pvp or pve. so fun 800k rng.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/354206278194561024/612312817952882688/Screenshot_2019-08-17_08_41_40_547218.jpg rng exciting!

Yeah, because getting gear from everywhere (queue Gary Oldman) and being able to turn any of that unwanted gear into the currency needed to purchase the gear you do want is so much worse than only being able to get gear through direct purchase. And if you choose to reroll your amps multiple times a day then that's on you.

If you went and played WoW classic at the moment and compared it to swtor you’d think swtor was on life support.

True. You'd also realize again that modern MMOs don't utilize extremely painful and slow level grind anymore and promote that as quality content.

dead.

I guess people have completely different definitions of a dead game. I see people on many planets I'm on, as well as spamming LFG for Ossus and other wb's. Not to mention people looking for Ops groups all the time. Seems fairly active t me.