Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from 2.0 until a few weeks ago, i was in a guild that did not let me participate much in (and in some cases not even roll) on gear.

i got fed up and joined a new guild right around the time NiM TFB was released. i'm perfectly geared and capable of doing HM, but i still need gear from it. i'm perfectly capable of doing the mechanics for NiM, but i simply don't have the gear.

so in my new guild, i'm brought along sometimes for NiM not being geared well enough, and on a few occasions we still run HMs. we actually could not do scum and villainy hm last night as a guild because a few people wanted to save their lockouts for later in the week for NiM.

we didn't have a full group on who were geared enough to do NiM last night, so instead we did KP and EV nightmare for achievements..... and no gear :/

i would be happy with one of two things:

HM and NiM having the same gear (aside from cosmetics like the vehicles / pets / etc.) and sharing lockouts

OR

HM and NiM not having the same gear and NOT sharing the same lockouts

either way, the current system is not working for me or my guild.

14 pages and still no response from bioware. Maybe change thread title to "Need Cartel Market unlock to seperate HM and NiM lockouts."

How would that work for Guild runs? I mean, we're talking about 8/16 people paying X amount of CC just so they can play HM and NiM. Each. Player. Its impractical and not really fair on those who are F2P or Preferred who get by on weekly passes

(I know that was probably taking things too seriously there, but hey; some would look on that as a viable alternative :rolleyes:)

/Signed.

We need to make it clear to Bioware that this is important to us. The separation of Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode lockouts is critical to the success of progression raiding in SWTOR. It will accomplish two very important things:

1) Level the playing field by forcing linear progression (no more skipping)

2) Allow guilds to continue progressing and gearing in HM while attempting NM

The current system makes it difficult for guilds to keep players progressing who are not in the NM raids because the key players are saving lockouts on their mains. The only downside might be the influx of commendations available to high end players, but lets face it ultimate comms don't buy anything good and there are weekly and total caps.

Please sign the petition if you agree that the lockouts should be separate.

Normally, I would agree, but since everyone pretty much said 'live with it' when I wanted some changes done, I will say it here....'live with it.'

We need to make it clear to Bioware that this is important to us. The separation of Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode lockouts is critical to the success of progression raiding in SWTOR. ...

The Community Team has pretty much admitted to staying out of the "well behaved" forums. Best drop a PM to Eric or move the petition to the Suggestions Forum (off General).

Please sign the petition if you agree that the lockouts should be separate.

Since I forgot to last time I posted, +1.

On this topic it is even affecting my guild. We have multiple HM ops groups with one active NiM run group. The tank in our NiM group has an alt dps in one of the HM groups. His DPS is geared to the teeth and doesnt need anything from HM. He naturally wants to progress but the HM group is a bit behind core raiders on vacation etc so they dont move to NiM. So now the DPS steps out and says "I don't want to burn my NiM lockouts on HM when i dont need anything" Which makes sense sure but there is nobody else available to replace the guy so the HM group falls apart.

Easy to say "recruit new guys" but the issue is this would not even be an issue if the HM and NiM had separate lockouts

Edited by Spyderwraith

How would that work for Guild runs? I mean, we're talking about 8/16 people paying X amount of CC just so they can play HM and NiM. Each. Player. Its impractical and not really fair on those who are F2P or Preferred who get by on weekly passes

(I know that was probably taking things too seriously there, but hey; some would look on that as a viable alternative :rolleyes:)

/Signed.

I could see them adding "pay CC to reset lockouts" or having the f2p ops pass do that but for subscribers also.

/signed

Nightmare Mode gives significantly better loot than Hard Mode. This would solve both issues of skipping Nightmare Mode Bosses, as well as preventing guilds from running Nightmare Mode content due to still gearing members in Hard Mode.